KSR is at Pie Five Pizza on Broadway (Friday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt and Drew are live from Pie Five Pizza on 867 South Broadway in Lexington to preview tomorrow’s must-win game vs. Vandy, talk some basketball, and maybe give our old buddy Rando a call. Tune in for that and much, much more.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

48 Comments for KSR is at Pie Five Pizza on Broadway (Friday Show Thread)

1. Chesters Daddy
    10:16 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Just because Kirby smart has a injured Chubb doesn’t mean were beating georgia

• RealCatsFan
      10:36 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

“Injured Chubb”? That sounds like something that happened to John Bobbitt. ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Craig
    10:17 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Been having trouble with IHeart on my computer lately, doesn’t matter which browser I use. Takes forever to play, won’ start playing at all today. But my phone app, (on wifi, same network) works fine. Anybody else had issues?

• Realme
      10:19 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Yes. Drives me nuts. What a garbage website, in that it can’t do its’ own most basic function of dialing up a radio station and playing it.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      10:19 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

I had the same problem (on Google Chrome) earlier this week, but for some reason it’s working today. No idea why.

• J-Dub421
      10:24 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

I’ve had issues with iheart on my phone this week, but I think it’s due to shoddy wifi in my office.

3. Realme
    10:20 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

If you like cheap tasting, lukewarm pizza, that comes out fast, Pie Five is your place.

• Booby Petrino
      10:22 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Blaze is much better. MOD isn’t bad either. Pie Five is third on my list of Subway-style pizza places.

• Realme
      10:23 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Haven’t tried Blaze, but it’s right up the street from work, so I will. Thanks.

• J-Dub421
      10:23 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

For quick, cheap, actually good pizza I like Papa Murphy’s.

• RealCatsFan
      10:32 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Mod just opened up across the street from me, and it is pretty good. I like that you can “assemble” any number of topping that you want for the same price.

Need to try Blaze. Tony Boombozz is good too, as is Bearno’s. I think Hometown Pizza is vastly underrated. One of the best thin crusts around, IMO. For mass gluttony and assault on your cardio system, nothing rivals Impellizari’s.

J-Dub, I ordered a large “Cowboy” (sausage, pepperoni, mushroom, black olive) from PM’s last week. It was so good, and I was so hungry, that I ate the whole thing in one sitting. Total gluttony, but you only live once (and I might have shortened that a bit). ๐Ÿ™‚ The secret with PM’s is to put it on the bottom rack in the oven for a while to get the crust nice and crispy in the middle. Not a bad idea to lift it off the platter and hit it with a little no-stick spray when you do this.

• Realme
      10:34 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

If you’re going to expand past the Subway style personal pizza chains, the only truly good pizza in Lexington is Goodfellas, but it’s gotta be right out of the oven. Now I’m hungry.

• J-Dub421
      10:41 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

In Louisville, Wick’s is my favorite, but it’s not cheap take-out type pizza. Boombozz and Bearno’s are also good. There’s also a newer place called Coals that I like.

• ukjaybrat
      10:55 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Goodfellas is king… Mic droo

• Booby Petrino
      11:05 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

I’m a Papa Murphy’s fan, J Dub. These Subway style pizzas places are good if you’re in a hurry or have a lot of people who like different things, but they don’t hold any ground when you start throwing in real pizza like Goodfellas, Mellow Mushroom, Wick’s, etc.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:27 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Had he not been injured, I think Bo Jackson would have been included in that group.

• J-Dub421
      10:36 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Maybe, but the US is the only country that watches American football. Most football players are only famous in the US.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:05 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Canada doesn’t exist, then?

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

They play Canadian rules, which is different than American rules, and also populated with guys who couldn’t make it in the NFL. Is Canadian football really that popular? Are Canadian football players super famous?

• Booby Petrino
      11:15 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

meh, Canada is really only good for its side of Niagara Falls.

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

And poutine, which I thought would be gross, but it’s so good.

5. J-Dub421
    10:27 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Matt is ignoring soccer players again. Soccer is THE sport in most of the rest of the world, just not in the US. He probably should have put guys like Pele and Ronaldo on that list.

• RealCatsFan
      10:34 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

I’m sure you can make that argument, but for most Americans, any game that can end in a tie cannot be considered a real sport. And then there is all of that Duke-like flopping that goes on… ๐Ÿ™‚

• J-Dub421
      10:38 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

I’m not really a soccer fan. However, Matt said the most famous athletes in the world, and soccer is king in most of the rest of the world. Therefore guys like Ronaldo or Lionel Messi are very famous. Roger Federer is also very famous worldwide. He gets mobbed in the US, Europe, Asia, South America…

6. Chesters Daddy
    10:28 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Golf was in trouble without tiger and still is unless they get a star. Nike got out of golf, addidas sold out Taylor made, golf is in trouble if they don’t get a star.

7. Chesters Daddy
    10:36 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Would hulk Hogan be on that level? Because in the 80s early 90s wrestling was huge.

8. RealCatsFan
    10:38 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Sometimes I hate the NBA. Louisville gets to enjoy Lamar Jackson for 3 years, and we get KAT and AD for only one. Sucks.

• J-Dub421
      10:43 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Selfishly I’d like to keep our basketball players longer, but considering how well they usually do in the NBA I’d feel bad holding them back.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:07 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

If we had kept AD for three years, there’d have been no room for KAT.

• RealCatsFan
      11:26 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

STE, actually, there would. Cal could have moved one or the other to PF, or play them both as interchangeable PF’s. Imagine having both of those guys on the floor at the same time. You would have AD as a rim protector, and KAT for scoring firepower. And remember, KAT can absolutely stroke the 3 from outside.

The player who we would have had no room for would have been Willie.

• RealCatsFan
      11:28 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Also, AD would have had to hang around for four years to be playing on the same team as KAT.

9. RealCatsFan
    10:43 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Isn’t Mike Leach big into pirates? Maybe he should try to get Vandy’s QB! ๐Ÿ˜€

10. J-Dub421
    10:49 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

BCG clearly has some inner demons.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:07 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

More like outer demons…the kind that come in a bottle.

• J-Dub421
      11:09 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

I think the drinking is the outward manifestation of the inner demons.

11. RealCatsFan
    10:50 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

So we have Joker and BCG as two of Mitch’s premier hires. Not impressed!

12. Chesters Daddy
    11:12 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Drew had awesome idea to get rid of stoops.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:13 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

If it is so hard for UK to raise the money for the buyout, then why the hell did Barnhart put it on there in the first place? Especially when he didn’t put any penalty on Stoops for leaving early! Mitch has to be the worst negotiator in history!

• Realme
      11:15 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

You’re talking about the guy who didn’t make Gillispie even sign a contract for his first couple years. That said, I still think he’s a good AD overall.

• RealCatsFan
      11:24 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

I think Mitch is an honest, upstanding guy, and I agree that he is probably an OK AD for most athletic programs overall. But if the Stoops thing does not work out, and Cal eventually retires, he is going to be under a LOT of pressure to make the right hires. If I was him, I would be cultivating a list of successors for both positions. And stay away from any ideas about assistant coaches or a “coach in waiting”!

14. Laker Cat 18
    11:21 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Louisville would still be a good team without Jackson. It’s hard for me to believe he made up for 43 points single handily against Florida State. They won 63-20 I believe.

15. RealCatsFan
    11:21 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Wow, radio is reporting that over 600 dead so far in Haiti. Very sad. Wonder if Nerlens and Skal will be able to help out, since both have ties there. Will Cal come through with another fund raising event? Maybe tie it into BBM somehow.

• Realme
      11:31 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

That’s terrible. What a tough place to exist. I’m sure Cal is already talking to those guys, and brainstorming a new fundraiser.

16. cats paw
    11:26 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

it never ceases to amaze me how little Matt knows about sports. its the coach that makes a team, not a PLAYER!!! Petrino was winning 10-11 games without ever having Jackson. did the patriots continue winning without Brady? we would suck just as much with Aaron Rodgers at qb as long as Stoops was coaching. to say we would win 4-5 more games with Jackson is absolutely idiotic.

17. RealCatsFan
    11:30 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

Would a Hurricane Katina produce a great sucking sound?

18. Realme
    11:42 am October 7, 2016 Permalink

If the defense continues to play better, and Johnson has fewer fumbles/takes fewer sacks, I think we’re fine. Not bowl game fine, but certainly beat Vandy fine.