KSR is at Media Day (Wednesday Show Thread)

matt-media-day

Kentucky Sports Radio radio is coming to you live from UK Basketball Media Day at the Joe Craft Center. Matt and Ryan will be talking UK-Auburn and Big Blue Madness just outside Calipari’s press conference at 11 am. They hope to steal Cal away for a one-on-one on the show, but if not, maybe Ryan can stand near the podium with a microphone.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for KSR is at Media Day (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:45 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

I am ready for the game tomorrow! Although I am dreading this traffic mess. Lexington isn’t great on a normal day. Just throw in rush hour and a game. Fun.

KSR marathon tomorrow on WLAP… nice. Although you’ll tick off the Rush listeners again.

• BlueRedneck
      10:18 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

Do you think Jurich will try to sabotage the show again with another one of his perfectly timed “Emergency Broadcast Tests”? 😀

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:01 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

Tomorrow is the closest thing we’ll ever have to the 24 hours of Ryan Lemond Radio that we’re owed. We best love and cherish it.

• Realme
      10:07 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

I think this will be a test for Matt about whether to expand the show to 3 hours, so hopefully it will get good ratings. Love it, it will make my day go by fast.

• Realme
      10:09 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

Although my productivity will suffer if there’s an all day show thread. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      10:17 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, I’m not going to get much done tomorrow….

• Laker Cat 18
      10:17 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

Three hours of KSR would be nice! I won’t get anything done tomorrow either.

3. Matt Cat
    10:15 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

I think if we had routed EKU instead of barely hanging on in overtime, we would be the favorites tomorrow night.

• ukjaybrat
      10:22 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

auburn barely beat jacksonville state… and has more losses… and playing on the road. There’s no argument to favor aurbun in this game.

• Matt Cat
      10:37 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

They’re more talented than we are. Doesn’t mean they’re the better team, but they have better talent. And both their losses were on the road. Outside of Missouri, we haven’t looked great either and our latest showing had a lot of people wondering if we were the same old Kentucky.

Time will tell in about 30 hours. Favored or not…. Cats by 90!

• Laker Cat 18
      10:58 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

You know Auburn plays on the road tomorrow night right?

4. kramer
    10:17 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

The Louisville media are talking about it to take the heat off of Pitino and the UL athletic department, so the Skal story is their way of riling up UK fans and hating on Calipari.

• J-Dub421
      10:21 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.

5. Realme
    10:17 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

Skal’s guardian seems like a scumbag, but I sure hope Skal doesn’t get punished for that.

Also, no one knows who will win tomorrow, because no one knows which Uk offense will show up, or which Auburn will show up at game time. No expectations for me, just gonna enjoy the day and the game.

• In my mind it’s not so much which offense shows up, but how many quarters will the good offense show up? Let’s hope they put together a complete game.

• Realme
      10:29 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

Oh man, if they do, this will be a special game. Now back to my no stress, no expectations approach.

6. Laker Cat 18
    10:19 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

Enes’ situation gives me absolutely no faith in the NCAA. Right now, I’m getting mentally prepared to not have Skal just in case. #FreeSkal

• J-Dub421
      10:24 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

Sounds like the NCAA has gone full on “minority report” after Cam Newton. If you didn’t actually take money, but you were thinking about it and looking into it, then they’ll bust you.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:59 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

Cam Newton made a lot of money at Auburn. With that said, the NCAA made a lot of money on Cam Newton.

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

Players can’t make money on themselves, but the NCAA sure can!

7. BlueRedneck
    10:26 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

I graduated from a Catholic HS, so had to learn how to properly tie a tie. Dimples were not required, but the tie had to be at least a certain length or you would get detention from the “tie police” – no kidding.

8. The Rest of the story
    10:27 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

About the game tomorrow night let’s look at some facts first. The Cats are 4-1. The four wins are over teams that had less talent. The one loss was against a team with more talent. Talent wins 90% of the time and Auburn has MUCH better talent than UK. They had 2 weeks to prepare for the Cats and that helps them more than us. The Cats have yet to have an easy win and Auburn will be another hard game to win. EKU showed how easy this team can be beaten. All those who are gaga over this better be prepared for not only possible loss but to me a likely one. I will be pulling for the Cats hard and hope they get the win, but a 4 quarter game will be needed for the Cats to win and that has not come close to how they have played yet.

9. CWS
    10:56 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

RICK PITINO COMPARED THE TERRY MEINERS INTERVIEW TO SOMEONE INTERVIEW THE PRESIDENT. “REALLY” GO CATS !!! BEAT AUBURN !!!

10. ukblue22
    10:57 am October 14, 2015 Permalink

So according to the UK folks, my parking structure 3 place will be given away before I can get there. I don’t get off work until 4 in Cincy so, somebody is going to owe me money for a parking space.

11. Rick Pitino's Half Testicle
    2:04 pm October 14, 2015 Permalink

Can me and my hoes get in to see the game?