KSR is at Hudson Automotive in Madisonville! (Wednesday Show Thread)

Hudson_Toyota

Good morning and welcome to the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt and Drew are in Drew’s hometown of Madisonville at Hudson Automotive (1055 Crossing Place) to talk about the latest in UK sports, including the latest basketball practice report which has everyone in the BBN buzzing.

If you’re in the area, come on out to say hi to Matt and Drew and register for the chance to win some AMAZING prizes, including tickets to a UK game from GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com or the grandaddy of them all, the chance to be included in the drawing for a trip for TWO to the UK Bahamas Tour at the Atlantis…eight days, all expenses paid and tickets to every UK game. The winner will come from finalists that are picked on the tour, one at each stop.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WKYH (600 am) Paintsville
WLSI (900 am) Pikeville
WPRT (960 am) Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240 am) Somerset
WTCW (920 am) Whitesburg
WBTH (1400 am) Williamson, WV

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330 am) Evansville, IN 5pm-7pm
WMTL (870 am) Leitchfield 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570 am) Morgantown 3-5 pm
WRIL (106.3 fm) Middlesboro Thur 8-10 pm
WPAD (99.5 fm/1560 am) Paducah 11-1 pm (going live August 18th)
WHAY (98.3 fm) Whitley City 2-4 pm

Here’s the rest of the tour schedule:

Thursday, July 24th: Hopkinsville- Holiday Inn Hoptown
Friday, July 25th: Paducah- BW3′s sponsored by IMAC Regeneration

Monday, July 28th: Danville- Bluegrass Community Bank
Tuesday, July 29th: Fort Wright/Northern KY- Dickmann’s Cafe
Wednesday, July 30th: Maysville- Mann Chrysler
Thursday, July 31st: Lexington- AllSports in the Fayette Mall
Friday, August 1st: Louisville- BW3’s Springhurst

45 Comments for KSR is at Hudson Automotive in Madisonville! (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. DrSayre
    9:55 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Matt, has Pat Forde threaten to not appear on any Clear Channel radio show again?

2. UK_JB
    9:56 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Exit 44 saves you more and the home of Drew Franklin. Hopefully Ryan smells better today, if not send him to another exit.

Jamie there?

3. [email protected]
    9:59 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

My 8 year old daughter and me are so excited to be at the live broadcast!! How about a shoutout for Baylee 🙂

4. Kidnut
    10:04 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

I read the Pat Forde post as “Pat Forde figuratively bl*ws Bobby Petrino.”

5. Jay
    10:09 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

For the bet on whether cal stays or goes, Drew should have to shave Ryan’s chest with Harry’s razors and Matt should have to sleep at Hudson’s overnight without his dormeo mattress.

6. Finalist
    10:12 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Oh great, we get to listen to thirty-five terrible stories from callers who think they’re Larry the Cable Guy in order to get one halfway decent story.

7. Scout714
    10:13 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Jamie Simpson may be hottest girl in America. WOW

8. bleedblueky
    10:14 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Morning Matt – Another breaking but sad news from my birthplace Taiwan 🙁

9. Kidnut
    10:15 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

I hope we get the call about seeing Art Carney in a diner

10. Matthew Mitchell
    10:19 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

First time I watched a game with a girl I had a BIG crush on, we hit a big shot, I jumped in the air, landed on a small rug, it slipped out from underneath me. I fell, hit my head and got a concussion and 6 stitches in the back of my head. Never got another date.

11. Bobby P
    10:20 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Matt it’s good that Tyler has been short his whole life as opposed to recently becoming short. The learning curve would be impossible to overcome.

12. realme
    10:20 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

That was pretty much word for word what we heard about Alex this time last year. No one (probably not even him) knows if he will step it up when the games begin. Hopefully he will, he could easily become an all time favorite if his flashes of brilliance turn into consistent play.

13. Greg
    10:22 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

If Drew doesn’t stop disagreeing with Matt, Matt is going to start giving him the Ryan Lemond smack downs.

14. Chris
    10:22 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

And here I thought Drew’s playground was Tinder.

15. BigBlueMan
    10:27 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

They have four quarters in basketball now? No wonder she was thrown out.

16. Finalist
    10:33 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

I really hate Johnny Versace. His voice makes me want to punch him. He sounds so arrogant, and I imagine he is a total jerk whom everyone tolerates but really can’t stand.

17. Houndstooth
    10:38 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Mom mom’s water broke and she went into labor at a UK football in the upper deck of cw. They couldn’t leave the game because their doctor was also at the game. Water breaking g at a UK game is pretty embarrassing.

18. UKJon In Knoxville
    10:39 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

The last one is still better than 99.9% of all country music

19. Kidnut
    10:39 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Man, thinking Shannon better have his finger on the dump button.

20. Fancy
    10:40 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

NO! You’ve got to listen to the very beginning of Steven Borden’s song. That is the best part!!

21. Fancy
    10:41 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Play the version on ukathletics.com website.

22. CATandMONKEY
    10:41 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

My now-wife and her mother came over to watch the UK-NC game in 2004 (5?). It was her mom’s first visit. We were getting beat most of the first half and I was amply supplied with pale ale. We managed to pull ahead at halftime…Overcome with enthusiasm , I ran to the front door to give a healthy yell to the subdivision that is overwhelmingly Blue. I yanked the front door open and instead of a “whooo!!, go cats!” There was silence. Both women asked what was wrong… I replied with false stoicism “Oh it’s nothing. Just RIPPED OFF MY BIG TOENAIL with the door.” Completely ripped off the nail. Wanted to scream. Still creeps me out. Best acting job of my life.

23. Shawon
    10:41 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

That tennis coach from Augusta was creepy. I am familiar with that Rec Park….

I wish I could go to the Ft. Wright or Maysville tour stops but I have to work.

24. bleedblueky
    10:46 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Matt – I plan to take my vacation day to attend it next Thursday but my question is how can we get in earlier since the Mall opens at 10 am?

25. houndstooth
    10:55 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Matt
    I listened to the podcast the other day- what does a baby maker outfit actually look like? Could you describe that please?

26. Bobcat
    10:55 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

My most embarrassing UK moment…maybe more if a confession. I was 12 years old and it was 1996. I was at a game (can’t remember who) and was fairly sick waiting in line for Antoine Walker’s autograph after the post game radio show bc he was player the game. I was standing behind him kinda leaning over watching him sign someone else’s item and snot dripped out of my nose onto the back of his warm up. I don’t believe anyone noticed and I’m not sure that I’ve ever told anyone. I just kinda eased away awkwardly. -Bobby English [email protected]

• realme
      10:59 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

You need to call in with that story. And, Ew.

27. DARRELL
    10:56 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Reported on Goodmorning America today.
    Here’s a look at the most unhappy cities with a population of more than 1 million as of 2010:

1. New York, NY
    2. Pittsburgh, PA
    3. Louisville, KY
    4. Milwaukee, WI
    5. Detroit, MI
    6. Indianapolis, IN
    7. St. Louis, MO
    8. Las Vegas, NV
    9. Buffalo, NY
    10. Philadelphia, PA

28. Lumpy
    11:00 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

My embarrassing moment: Atlanta on March 11, 2005 at the SEC tournament. I brought a UK 100th anniversary schedule poster signed by 100 players to be signed by Kenny Walker at a pep rally. That morning we watched CNN as the city was locked down to find Brian Nichols who shot a judge, court reporter, and others. As we leave for the dome, we find a number of Tahoes are in our hotel parking lot with drivers wearing ear buds and sniper rifles in the back seats.

We return from games, I go in my room to discover my poster in a mailing tube had been thrown away by the cleaning staff. After the front desk refuses to help me find it, I go to the back of the hotel where the dumpsters are. Turns out, Brian Nichols’ last residence was at an apartment complex adjacent to our hotel complex, thus 6 or 7 news crews were filming live at that location with the dumpsters in the background. So there I was on live TV wearing a UK golf shirt and khakis climbing into and rummaging through hotel dumpsters looking for a poster. The reporters were puzzled when I climbed out of the second dumpster with poster in hand shouting with glee.

29. Dwayne
    11:04 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Just read “Knuck if you Buck” lyrics, not sure UK did though. How are they going to play that in a stadium full of kids. If they play the edited version it’ll just be beeps.

30. RandyB
    11:12 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Matt: Are you sure you like Knuck If You Buck? Like all the music choices except for Swindle’s
    they’re all Music To Do A Drive-By Murder By, replete with the obligatory “N” words, misogynist “Hoes”, and threats to kill. Here are the words Crime Mob is mumbling.

31. Delk for 3
    11:12 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

They really just need to play Big K.R.I.T’s “Just Touched Down” after every TD for the Cats. I’m telling you, the players and fans would love it. Listen to it and just imagine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnL6l7Mi7SU

32. Bell Spring
    11:13 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Most embarrassing moment – working at Rupp and when I got done taking tickets, I headed into the upper arena to watch the game with friends. Had an ice cream cone in my hand and slipped on my way up the stairs. So here I am in my dorky yellow jacket laying flat on my stomach on the stairs covered in ice cream. With the entire section staring at me.

33. CWS needs a DJ
    11:15 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Matt/Drew why are the songs the players are picking from like 2005. Not that they are bad songs, just curious why current college students would pick songs that were popular a decade ago.

34. Fancy
    11:16 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

That is the normal way parking is handled at most of the PGA tournaments. Pebble Beach included.

• Delk for 3
      11:26 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

This is true, but to not allow entrance to walk-ups at the front gate is ridiculous. In addition, the parking at the Ryder Cup was at a field only a couple miles away from Valhalla.

35. CharleyTom
    11:16 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Ky Joe goes 3rd person!

36. Truthiness
    11:18 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

These stories are absolutely terrible. Matt, when are you going to realize that what makes your show work is the fact that you only let these people speak for about 20 seconds before thanking them for the call and saying whatever you were going to say anyway.

37. PatGLex
    11:20 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Re: the PGA tourney in Louisville — I think they’re not allowing walkups because of a potential terrorist threat — the Boston Marathon bombings are driving security measures. (If you have to ride there there wouldn’t be access to a car to escape if a terrorist or some other michief maker parked close.) No backpacks are allowed either — only totes 10 x 10 x 10. (For the Senior PGA they did allow backpacks and coolers…..) Am still trying to figure out what I can use to carry my water, sunscreen, etc. in.

• Delk for 3
      11:28 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

So make people drive all the way to the ghetto to park because of a terrorist threat that won’t materialize? Stupid.

38. bigblue91
    11:22 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

I was watching the Wisconsin final four game at a Buffalo Wings and Rings, and during the final minutes everyone was standing up nervous. My buddy was standing in front of me, and when Aaron Harrison hit the winning shot I jumped up on his back in the excitement. At the same time he threw his fists up in celebration, and he accidentally punched me in the face, and knocked me to the floor. As I laid there with a bloody mouth, I look up to see a guy who had his shirt almost completely ripped off due to the excitement laughing at my situation, and at that point I realized that was my most embarrassing moment I had ever had during a UK game.

39. king cat
    11:35 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

matt, did you see the article about the only time rick pitino ever got mad at tom jurich was when the media picked on him? jurich told rick that
    he was a big boy and he could handle it.

40. Eric Jameson
    11:35 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

Most embarrassing moment. The San Diego loss at Ruppin Gillespie years. I got into Eruption zone due to students being gone for Christmas break. It was late in the game and a loss was apparent. Fans were booing loudly about the outcome. Of course me being an idiot I decide to yell at all the fans and tell them to quit being stupid ,get off Billys back and give him time to do good things. As I start to unleash my fury the whole arena get deathly quiet as a free throw was simultaneously being shot. As I spewed my condescending wrath I didnt realized the dead silence…..by the time I got done yelling at people Gillespie ,the entire bench ,the erruption zone and half the arena was looking at the idiot (me) getting on to everybody for booing!!! Needless to say I was actually escorted out for doing so. Apparently even the ushers could see Billys eniment distruction of the program. Sinceeely Eric Jameson. Email :[email protected]

41. JoeMoney333
    11:43 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

And this is why people don’t like cops…

42. J-Guy
    11:51 am July 23, 2014 Permalink

It could have been worse. If the last caller had met Bernadette today while in Rick Pitino’s entourage, she would have asked if she were a stripper.