KSR is at Griffin Gate in Lexington (Thursday Show Thread)

Get on out to Griffin Gate Golf Club in Lexington to catch two hours of Kentucky Sports Radio radio fun. Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond are at the course and they’re giving away UK tickets and free golf.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by Drew Franklin

40 Comments for KSR is at Griffin Gate in Lexington (Thursday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:19 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

How can Jordan Jones be the tackle leader for the SEC last year and not get more credit? I’d take him over whoever the “top 5” are.

• runningunnin.454
      10:22 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

That answer is “Blowin’ in the Wind”.

• J-Dub421
      10:27 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

Jones doesn’t get the attention/credit he deserves. Just think, he was voted 3rd team all SEC for this pre-season. Ridiculous.

• The same way our OL can be the best in the SEC last year (according to some anyway) yet Phil Steele only has them as 10th or something this year despite losing only 1 guy. Granted, Toth was the anchor, but come on.

Steele has our running game only 10th or 12th or so. I can understand that a little more because we lost Boom, but every time I hear him on the radio (national or local) the hosts always gush about his encyclopedic knowledge. However, he’s lost some credibility with me on this one.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:23 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

Ouch, now we’re going to be “three and done” in football?

• Realme
      10:25 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

I was listening to the latest football podcast this morning, and they named several players they thought should at least “go through the process”. I didn’t know there was a process to test the waters and return in FB, but I guess that makes sense.

3. Realme
    10:27 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

Mr. No Shirt Under A Zip Up Hoodie has zero credibility to judge when other men should be wearing undershirts.

Shoot, I only lasted 3 days.

• J-Dub421
      10:28 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

Lol. 🙂

4. J-Dub421
    10:30 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

Is this dude really trying to argue different timing? Almost every pop/rock/whatever song you here on the radio is in either 4/4 or 3/4. There are very few exceptions.

5. Realme
    10:38 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

I imagine it’s time for Cubs fans to stop hating on the guy, but why in the world would they give him an ovation?

• ukjaybrat
      10:51 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

i never hated on him. sucks what happened but if you go back and look, he didn’t really lose the game. they still had plenty of chances to win that game despite what he did. and a lot of people would have done the same thing not thinking. he just happened to have been sitting in that seat at that moment.

• And giving him a ring? I guess the Red Sox should give Bill Buckner a ring every time they win a ‘ship.

• ukjaybrat
      11:16 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

ring? whatever. drake got a uk championship ring. a lot of people get rings that don’t “deserve” them.

• ukjaybrat
      11:17 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

i have a friend of a friend that works in the office for the cubs. didn’t know the first thing about baseball. was hired midway last season. got a championship ring… those things get passed out like candy when a program wins a championship, us regular joes just don’t see it.

• I would just like a cheap saladium/paladium/whatever-the-latest-cheap-alloy-is replica ring from the UK & Reds championship(s). However, in 1978, didn’t the players get watches as soon as the game was over? I’m pretty certain I remember a pic or Rick Robey holding one. Did they also get rings back then like they do now?

• runningunnin.454
      11:49 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

Jeff Ruby said he has a ’12 Championship ring….now how is that?

6. ukkatzfan
    10:45 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

Has Matt made any comments about the Ol Ball Coach appearing on the show ?

• Realme
      10:52 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

Not that I’ve heard.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:56 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

I have been at the street rod nationals, so I won’t be posting much, but I wanted to thank everyone for the prayers and positive thoughts regarding my dad. I told him this morning that he has no idea how many folks are pulling for him, and I could see him visibly perk up.

8. [email protected]
    11:11 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

Matt,
    Was the police presence pronounced in light of heightened terror concerns?

• runningunnin.454
      11:16 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

The police are busy trying to keep fans from killing each other at soccer games.

9. J-Dub421
    11:20 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

Give Cal BCG’s last team, and I bet they would have won a lot more games.

• ukjaybrat
      11:28 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

ppat and jodie ? those two alone could have won at least 20 games in cal’s system.

• J-Dub421
      11:51 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

Stephenson and Harris were both solid role players, Crawford and Ramel were both pretty darned good and tough as well. Also look at what Cal did with Jorts vs. BCG. I rest my case.

10. Matt needs to make Ryan a full time employee. Maybe he was selling houses since the Patterson thing was posted.

11. Realme
    11:39 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

This eclipse show should be epic.

• runningunnin.454
      11:43 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

Must stress…do not look at it without protection. Walmart Optical has the glasses for $1.00 and they meet all requirements.

• J-Dub421
      11:55 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

You can’t expect nerd hating STD to know about science… And Ryan is a constitutional scholar, not a scientist.

• Realme
      11:56 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

At least Matt has stopped telling people it’s fine to look directly into the sun.

12. W.C.
    11:59 am August 3, 2017 Permalink

Looks like the Courier-Journal is going for the PulI-It-Sir prize.

• runningunnin.454
      12:34 pm August 3, 2017 Permalink

Good one! And I can’t believe Matt is worried about embarrassing his Mom at this point….that ship has already sailed.

13. Ky ski nut
    1:32 pm August 3, 2017 Permalink

NBA.com today has the Kings top 10 plays of last season. 9 of 10 are Wildcats. A ton of Cuz, 2 Skals, and #1 is Willie’s nasty throwdown that is debatably the dunk of the year.