KSR is at…General Butler State Park! (Thursday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, Matt, Drew, and Shannon are at…GENERAL BUTLER STATE PARK in Carrollton for the latest stop on the Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass summer tour. If you’re in the area, come on out to enjoy the show and register for tickets from GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

24 Comments for KSR is at…General Butler State Park! (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:47 am July 7, 2016 Permalink

Just a tease, but looks like KSR will be at Joella’s hot chicken in Lexington on 7/12. Pack the house.

Also for my KSR family, our little boy will be born tomorrow!

• J-Dub421
      10:28 am July 7, 2016 Permalink

Congratulations! That’s awesome!

2. CatFanDu
    9:52 am July 7, 2016 Permalink

Been a boring week without Ryan. Please. Please be interesting today, it’s obvious Matt is not ready to write a book, so hopefully they can get past that non-sense.

3. Linda Schnitz
    10:10 am July 7, 2016 Permalink

Drew Franklin is the most boring person in the history of radio.

4. Realme
    10:36 am July 7, 2016 Permalink

Drew is a little low energy with his voice, but imo makes up for it by being hilarious.

5. Laker Cat 18
    10:39 am July 7, 2016 Permalink

Willis should be in street clothes on the end of the bench for multiple games. A clear message should be sent. I’ll be disappointed if anything less occurs.

6. God Family UK
    10:41 am July 7, 2016 Permalink

The reason that the race track in Lincoln Co. is special is because it was in rebellion to the ones in England. In England they run clockwise so when William Whitley started his race track he started running the races counter clockwise.

7. Realme
    10:41 am July 7, 2016 Permalink

Absolutely Derek should be suspended. But Cal likes to keep disciplinary stuff private, so he may just punish him behind the scenes.

Also, no way Matt will boo Knight at the convention. He will have some lame excuse for not doing it.

8. Now if Con-WAY had a shoe, I bet Matt would rock them!

9. My first recollection of a REALLY big UK game (I do remember watching before this) is when Jacksonville with Artis Gilmore beat us in the NCAA. I’ll never forget after the game they showed their cheerleaders and players at center court and they were chanting “JACK-sonville, JACK-sonville!” I was so young, and I literally thought “How can they not be for Kentucky?” 🙂

I told a coworker (Auburn grad) that story and he said “You STILL think that!” Hah! You know what? He’s right!

It’s amazing how kids think.

• runningunnin.454
      11:15 am July 7, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, that’s the one where the jax guard set up behind Issel when Issel was jogging backward; and the ref blew the whistle for Dan’s 5th foul. The ball was not even inbounded yet. A no call!
      Thanks for reminding me.

10. Realme
    11:15 am July 7, 2016 Permalink

Sorry to be all Jon Short here, but is Hamadou related to Chiek? Sorry for my spelling on the names, too lazy to look it up.

• J-Dub421
      11:23 am July 7, 2016 Permalink

No, they are not related.