KSR is at Everybody Fights in Lexington (Thursday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Everybody Fights (124 Malabu Drive) in Lexington. If you’re in the area, come on out to enjoy the show and a free class, which Drew Franklin participated in this morning. The gang will also give away tickets to the KANSAS game, which is even more incentive to get your butt on out to 124 Malabu Drive.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

38 Comments for KSR is at Everybody Fights in Lexington (Thursday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:16 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

I predict Dook will win the Canadian National Championship.

2. Realme
    10:20 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

“We just need to accept…” Duke being all over ESPN this year. Not if we beat them in the first game.

• Realme
      10:20 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

I’m so confident (now, when it’s months away).

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:25 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

That team they played last night was horrible which made them look much better than they will look against a good team.

• runningunnin.454
      10:25 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Then why didn’t ESPN televise the game last night?
      FYI, two Dook players took 63 of their 81 shots.
      Three of Dook’s opponent last night played in our game with Toronto.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:30 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

They have three very good players and hardly any experience players on the team.

• Realme
      10:31 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

I trust our guys to show up ready to destroy. They may have a couple guys with more skill, I don’t know, but I’ll take our guys’ toughness and attitude (and also high level of skill).

• J-Dub421
      10:38 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

I’m not sold on Tre Jones. Our guards will beat him up and steal his lunch money.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      10:38 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

We have more experience and depth on our side Realme.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:44 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Let me clarify our experience, we have three sophs who played major minutes last year. I don’t recognize any of the names of their returning players other than Bolden and I’m so glad we didn’t get him.

3. CATandMONKEY
    10:23 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

BTI giving love to Duke after last night’s game against a much weaker Bellarmine team.

No doubt they are good and have star power with Barrett and Williamson.

Guess we shall see how they do against real competition come November.

• J-Dub421
      10:45 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Williamson will play 5-7 good minutes each half, and then he’ll be bent over sucking wind. Barrett and Reddish are both really good, but they play the same position and are practically the same player. Bolden is terrible, and I’m not sold on Tre Jones (I thin all three of our PG’s are better). I don’t know anyone else on their team. I honestly think we’ll beat Duke by double digits.

• runningunnin.454
      10:51 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Ryerson had the lead over Puke after the first quarter; and Puke only had a 12 point lead at the half…not impressive at all.

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

*think

We were up double digits at the half of every one of our Bahamas games, if I remember correctly. Also, EJ Montgomery played with the Duke guys at the McD’s AA game and then noped out and committed to Kentucky. Apparently the Duke guys rubbed several people the wrong way.

• RealCatsFan
      11:48 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Not only that, J-dub, but I think we continued to pour it on in the second half and extended our lead, rather than relax and let the game get tight again like some of our more recent teams would do. That is a good sign, if it continues. That’s the kind of thing that our late 90’s teams used to do.

4. Not much time for the ST still. Been working on the Pensky file all week.

• J-Dub421
      10:39 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Lol.

• ^^^I knew J-Dub would get that if no one else did.^^^
      🙂

• J-Dub421
      10:52 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

That Pensky file is really important Costanza.

• RealCatsFan
      11:45 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

I sometimes have dreams that I have become George Costanza and I am at my first day on a new job that I know absolutely nothing about.

5. CATandMONKEY
    10:38 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Better than Major Booty

• Realme
      10:44 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

LOL, I figured it was at least spelled differently but it isn’t. Wonder what his middle name is.

• J-Dub421
      10:46 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Quality?

• J-Dub421
      10:53 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Major Quality Booty. That’s got to be it right?

• Realme
      10:59 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Yeah. Go all in, when naming your kid, Mr. and Mrs. Booty.

6. runningunnin.454
    11:11 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Didn’t like that popularity poll…why do that? And, the comments were horrendous.

• RealCatsFan
      11:44 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Yep, just stirred up a bunch of trolls. Why anyone wants to whack the hornets nest of race or politics these days escapes me.

• Iamheasyouarehe
      11:45 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Total click bait.

7. RealCatsFan
    11:43 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Had to take my dad to an appointment, and then heard Matt AND Ryan displaying their ignorance on things that men should simply know about, and couldn’t wait to get to a point where I could call them out. A musclecar is an American made car, usually a light weight, stripped down midsize coupe (not a sports car two-seater like a Vette) that has a big, powerful engine. Many consider the 1964 GTO as the original musclecar, but I think there are a lot of earlier cars that qualify. In the strictest sense of the word, cars like the Mustang, Camaro and Firebird are considered to be ponycars by purists, because they are not based on the original “formula”. But many people consider anything American made and fast to be a “musclecar”.

Now a “pimpmobile” that is tricked out with hydraulics, fancy rims, loud stereo, etc., is most definitely NOT a musclecar. It is simply a hoopty.

Now that our automotive lesson is over, we can return to our normally scheduled UK sports talk. 😀

• Realme
      11:45 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

I was hoping you didn’t have to listen to that! I was cringing and I’m not a car person.

• runningunnin.454
      11:49 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

Matt’s muscle car was the Corvair.

• RealCatsFan
      11:59 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

RG, a Corvair is still much too cool for Matt. I picture him in a Yugo or a Toyota Tercel. Or maybe one of those Oldsmobiles from the 80’s that only old people drive.

• Corvair was a cool car though. “Unsafe at Any Speed”. Thanks Ralph Nader, jerk. 🙂

8. Realme
    11:49 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

That voice is absolutely not sexy.

9. J-Dub421
    11:59 am August 16, 2018 Permalink

My boy Quade does not get enough love. He played very well in the Bahamas, and shot the ball really well after he got over the first game jitters. He even got the rest of the team to join him in late n ight shooting sessions. #Leader