KSR is at Dexter Insurance in Danville (Thursday Show Thread)

Hello friends.  It’s Thursday, which means KSR’s Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass Tour is back on the road.  Today the gang is at the house that Larry Vaught and Mrs. Tyler Thompson built, Danville.  Head on out at Dexter Insurance for your chance to win tickets and a trip to the Bahamas.

Here’s the rest of the tour’s schedule:

6/15 – Lexington – Rockhouse Brewing (119 Luigart Court)

From there, the tour takes a brief hiatus for Matt’s vacation before picking back up after July 4:

7/5 – Beaver Dam – Beaver Dam Amphitheatre (217 South Main Street)
7/6 – Owensboro – Academy Sports and Outdoors (3051 Highland Pointe Drive)

7/11 – Pendleton County – Northern Kentucky Golf Club (Country Club Drive Butler, KY)
7/12 – Sparta – Kentucky Speedway
7/13 – Monticello – Conley Bottom Resort (270 Conley Bottom Road)

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

48 Comments for KSR is at Dexter Insurance in Danville (Thursday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:12 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

Pretty sure I would be the Ryan of bowling.

• runningunnin.454
      10:14 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

Never considered bowling to be dangerous…who knew?

• Realme
      10:21 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

I’d probably be more dangerous to the people around me, that ball could come flying out of my hand in any direction, lol.

• ClutchCargo
      10:31 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

Bowling can be dangerous in the same way that golf can be dangerous. It isn’t dangerous at all if everyone involved kind of knows what they’re doing. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:34 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

Can you yell, “Fore” in bowling?

• ClutchCargo
      10:37 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

If another bowler is down the “fairway” there are bigger issues.

• Realme
      10:41 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

I promise not to come if there’s ever a bowling show thread get together.

• J-Dub421
      11:07 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

Try Wii bowling. No heavy ball therefore it’s much safer. 🙂

2. Another memory…we used to visit an aunt & her family when they lived in Danville. I’ve asked this before but no one answered: do they still have those fireplugs painted up to look like tin soldiers? We had a little dog who actually started to growl and woof at one a little bit when we were stopped at a traffic light.

• J-Dub421
      11:09 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

No clue. I haven’t been to Danville since KMEA competition in high school.

• ClutchCargo
      11:18 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

I go there a few times each year. Haven’t noticed anything like this.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:23 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

Search google for “Reid”; guess who pops up first. This guy would have an immediate impact, and I really want him; but, I feel KSR is looking at it as a foregone conclusion.

4. “Two Five Fiiiiiive-Seven Six Five Oh!!!”

5. Did anyone watch that video about music yesterday? Part of me was hesitant to post it for fear of sounding like nothing more than grumpy-old-“Today’s music is crap!”-man, but it was interesting that he gave actual substantive reasons to buttress his argument. It wasn’t just a general “I don’t like today’s music” thing.

• Realme
      11:10 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

I guess we didn’t do our homework, Chris. But I’m not surprised to know there’s actual science explaining that today’s music is mostly lame.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:54 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

Yep, Bassey’s guardian is joining WKU’s coaching staff. Somewhat shady;but, he and Hollingsworth will rule C-USA.

• J-Dub421
      11:17 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

Any time there’s a good player like that who doesn’t receive an offer from Cal, it’s always for a reason. I generally like that Cal nope’s-out of situations like that.

• ClutchCargo
      11:24 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

Absolutely. Cal is way too smart to take any chances with guys like that, and he doesn’t need to. The only thing standing between Stansbury and a reputation as a slime ball is sustained success on the court.

7. For Realme: “Magic Vapor Shop…DAT CAMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!”

8. Realme
    11:12 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

Shut your sauce box!

9. Realme
    11:13 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

*supposed to be a reply to Chris.

• Realme
      11:13 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

Huh, suddenly I can’t reply. Or it just looks weird on my end.

10. J-Dub421
    11:18 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

I am very annoyed that Texas poached Coach Floreal. Texas, you’re now on my sh*t list.

• runningunnin.454
      11:22 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

Texas’s big problem is they’re not winning in football.That’s really all they care about; let’s see if they can poach Saban.

• ClutchCargo
      11:26 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

It’s not a lot different than UK poaching Cal from Memphis, though. But it might be more annoying to us because track and field isn’t even a revenue sport. I guess I never even considered that having a great track coach hired away by a bigger program was even a thing.

• J-Dub421
      11:31 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

We’re better than Texas in Track & Field now, and they’re in a worse conference. It’s a step down.

• Yeah, it’s disappointing, but not surprising once I found out Texas is considered the apex of college track. I had no idea, but again I guess I’m not surprised seeing as how their budget is so huge.

• ClutchCargo
      11:40 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

You could argue that UK was a step down from Memphis at that point in time, but not historically. Honestly, we’re only better because of Floreal (like Memphis and Cal), and now we don’t have him. Hopefully, another good coach will see that this program does have potential and want to keep the momentum going.

• Realme
      11:52 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

I could see the idea of returning them to prominence appealing, but it’s a huge blow to us. Floreal is not going to be easy for Mitch to replace.

11. Pel & Fel didn’t make a play on the ball because Rick had hammered them about not fouling. He admitted it was a mistake on his part that he hammered on it too much. He still never admitted it was a mistake (it was) to not put someone on the passer.

• J-Dub421
      11:33 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

I love both of those guys, but neither was a good defender either.

• I still say he should have had Riddick on him, and/or had him or Aminu on the passer.

• All Riddick would have had to do was get 1 fingernail on the ball…game over.

• J-Dub421
      11:43 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

Exactly, put your best defender with size on the guy. Another mistake by Pitino.

• runningunnin.454
      11:49 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

And that mistake only took Pitino 2.1 seconds.

• J-Dub421
      11:51 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

As opposed to his usual 15 seconds.

• ClutchCargo
      11:57 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

If Timberlake had any kind of mean streak at all, that one guy wouldn’t have still been in the game to even attempt that shot. Crap, I’m never going to get over that game!

• Pitino’s excuse about Riddick was that he wasn’t strong enough. Whaaaaaaaaat??????? And Pel was?????????????? Granted Feldhaus was strong and had a mean streak (again, Ralph Hacker said an ankle would have been broken had he been stomped), but Riddick was a GREAT shot blocker and had long arms.

12. J-Dub421
    11:46 am June 14, 2018 Permalink

Rondo is exceptionally smart and has unparalleled court vision and passing skills. Rondo may be the best passer I’ve ever seen, and is certainly in the top 3.