KSR is at Country Boy Brewing for a HUGE show (Friday Show Thread)

@Laura915

There are shows, there are big shows and then there are shows like today’s. The gang is at Country Boy Brewing in Georgetown to get you ready for a HUGE weekend in UK sports, which includes the Florida game, Immanuel Quickley’s announcement, John Wall and Randall Cobb going into the UK Athletics Hall of Fame, and Zion Williamson’s official visit. Come on out if you’re in the area to enjoy the show, some of Country Boy’s delicious beer, and Red State BBQ’s tasty food.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

79 Comments for KSR is at Country Boy Brewing for a HUGE show (Friday Show Thread)

1. ukjaybrat
    9:56 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

This is going to be an awesome weekend. I CAN NOT WAIT to get out of this soul sucking thing most people call a job this afternoon. I have a late meeting bc some idiots don’t understand that everyone hates you if you schedule meetings after lunch on fridays….

• runningunnin.454
      10:08 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Can you belch…and belch, and belch, and belch……

• ukjaybrat
      10:13 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

the worst part is it is a status meeting for a project I’m not even working on. But since I am an emergency backup for one of the employees and the project is slipping, I am expected to sit in on the status meetings so I am “aware of what’s going on just in case I am needed to perform”

Which is the most BS way to manage a project I have ever seen. Either make me part of the project or leave me along. I have my own work to get done.

• J-Dub421
      10:17 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Wow, that is all kinds of lame. On the up side, there’s football to look forward to tomorrow! Maybe you can zone out a little with visions of SJ touchdown passes and Benny running dudes over.

• Realme
      10:18 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

My employers have done every project management course in existence, but when the time comes to make big decisions, it’s like they do the opposite.

• ukjaybrat
      10:21 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Our project managers haven’t had any official project management training. just an internal training course that teaches them to do things the way the company expects you to do it. Which not only is rife with bad habits, but also clearly just not the right way. I am currently in project management training en route to a PMP, so seeing the way they do things just hurts my brain.

And yes, zoning out will definitely help. I’ve had the Kroger posters rotating on my phone’s background image since they came out. so i can just rotate through those during the meeting πŸ˜‰

• IAmTheDanger
      10:31 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Those fire alarms aren’t gonna pull themselves…🀔

• ukjaybrat
      10:33 am September 22, 2017 Permalink
    • LOL at IAmTheDanger! Some of you guys better never name your employer here or you are so fired.
      πŸ˜›

• IAmTheDanger
      11:08 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, that employer will remain top secret 😁….speaking of fire alarms, I was in the old Haggin Hall my freshman year and it never failed on any given Saturday night / early Sunday morning at about 3 or 4am on a freezing winter night and in a dead sleep……somebody comes in drunk and pulls the fire alarm and we have to go outside and freeze for about 30 minutes.

• ukjaybrat
      10:43 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

oh i would never do something that dumb. unless i’m already on the way out with another employer πŸ™‚

• J-Dub421
      11:30 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

I lived in Blazer my freshman year. We once had a fire drill at about 7:30 – 8:00 in the morning which started going off while I was in the shower. My RA literally made me get out of the shower and leave right then. I had to go stand outside in the cold, wet with wet hair naked in nothing but a towel. It sucked.

• CPACAT
      12:17 pm September 22, 2017 Permalink

J Dub 421- had the same thing happen at Haggin one morning, i stopped by the room and casually put on sweats….

2. secrick
    10:02 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Going to be a good game and i can’t wait for it. Fla is ranked around 20th i think and it will be a tall task to beat them but we have hope this year and our Football team is good enough now that we can beat them. Mcginnis from 51 , ITS GOOD CATS WIN.

3. Realme
    10:06 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

I miss you guys when I can’t listen to the show and have to afternoon podcast. Not the same experience without someone to discuss with.

My confidence is less than it was, but I still believe the Cats can get it done. Going to be a tortured wreck tomorrow waiting all day for the game. There is a part of me that thinks Florida is looking at us like we look at other teams in basketball that start to crow about “this is our year” and then we squash them like a bug.

• ukjaybrat
      10:07 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

yeah but this is like a little different. this is like our 2013 year where we didn’t squash very many teams. we squeaked by in some wins and racked up quite a few losses along the way. So i don’t think it’s quite the same

• Realme
      10:11 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

I do know in my head that it’s not a false confidence we have, but in my gut I get nervous.

• J-Dub421
      10:18 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

It’s hard to overcome the doubt that a lifetime of terrible football has instilled.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:14 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

I hope Quickley doesn’t pick Kansas; or we’ll need a Chinese master chef to cook up that crow.

• Realme
      10:19 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Has Matt ever been that sure (on the day of) and been wrong? He usually knows when he’s this confident.

• ukjaybrat
      10:19 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

i still can’t wrap my head around what the “Big Recuiting news” will be this weekend. we’re all expected Quickley to announce. so it’s hard to believe that’s ALL it is. I’m hoping for a Quickley/Williamson package deal while he is on campus this weekend. But i would imagine he would announce that tomorrow, not day 1 of his visit. So I really don’t know.

• J-Dub421
      10:21 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

I think we’re getting Quickley. We’ve been his leader the whole way. He always speaks glowingly of Coach Cal and UK. He cancelled his visit to Miami and isn’t rescheduling, and just did his official visit last week. His AAU coach said UK is his leader.

• Realme
      10:22 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

He had a cat emoji on his tweet about the announcement, by the way. Didn’t see any fake birds.

• RealCatsFan
      10:24 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

If we don’t get Quickley, it will be perhaps the most shocking recruiting decision in UK basketball that I can remember.

• Realme makes a good point. I remember how confident he was about Matt Elam vs. not confident about Damien Harris. Football not basketball, granted.

5. Hoosier wildcat steve
    10:16 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

We need Steve Zahn to show up on today’s show. He a big UK football fan. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him celebrating on the field after the game.

• Realme
      10:20 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, he should be on the show a lot more than he is.

• ukjaybrat
      10:22 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

yeah. esp during football season. It’s always nice hearing from those kinds of guys. but i get it. theyre busy.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:23 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Someone should make up a poster with Charlie Brown in a UK shirt kicking Lucy in the head, and she is wearing a UF shirt. Finally time to keep that beotch from pulling away that football!

7. runningunnin.454
    10:23 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Watched South Florida last night; Charlie Strong inherited a good team, and soon the Gators will be the 3rd best team in the state.

• RealCatsFan
      10:25 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

I really like Charlie, and hope that he has landed on his feet at South Florida.

• runningunnin.454
      10:32 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Oops, they will be 4th, I forgot Miami.

8. ukjaybrat
    10:26 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

wow. you guys see this yet?

That’s not competing. That’s cheating.

That’s abusing a rule system in place to keep you safe in order to get a free 15 yards that you didn’t deserve. The fact that WM is applauding his quarterback’s efforts shows exactly what kind of a man he is, much less coach.

• Realme
      10:28 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Flopping is lying. No integrity in athletes that do it. I hate it if our guys do it too.

• RealCatsFan
      10:29 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Are Muschump and Tom Crean from the same coaching tree?

• secrick
      10:32 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Wonder how long he will last at S.C.?

• J-Dub421
      10:33 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

I hate when my innocuous comments get moderated. Sigh.

• J-Dub421
      10:37 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Will Muschamp get fired for losing to us again? We already retired Spurrier. How many coaches can we get fired? Butch Jones and McElwain should be nervous.

• Exactly Jay! If you don’t have a problem with flopping, we can argue that, but do NOT tell me that is being a competitor!

• Heck, even Rick suspended the guy (Chris something?) that flopped so flagrantly. That should speak volumes.

• Realme
      10:51 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

When egregious, it should be a penalty.

• ukjaybrat
      10:55 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

there’s already a rule in place for it… it’s called unsportsmanlike conduct.

• I agree Jay, but the ref chose not to drop the flag, so I guess it may be subject to interpretation. Or it may be that it needs to be specifically codified into the rules before the refs will flag it. I don’t know for sure. I know the rule book is on the web, but I don’t know how easy it is to search.

• ukjaybrat
      11:08 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

“Or it may be that it needs to be specifically codified into the rules before the refs will flag it”
      this. heck the nba allowed flopping for the longest time as just part of the game until a couple years ago. and now players are fined for it. can’t remember if there’s an in game penalty though. But in football, 15 yards can can swing the score drastically not to mention the affect it can have on momentum. It’s a legit game changer.

• Yes, and it could have easily cost us the game if he draws that flag.

• And I forgot to mention the obvious: the ref KNEW he flopped but didn’t flag him, and I’m like you (or whoever said it the other day). I would have lost my mind if we had gotten penalized. Also don’t forget how histrionic he was with the hands in the air and the look at the ref like “WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?”

9. RealCatsFan
    10:28 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

So no one is talking about the predicted end of the world on game day? If a swarm of locusts descends and devours the football in the middle of UK’s game winning field goal, it would be the most “Kentucky Football” moment ever… πŸ˜‰

I will be at Bourbon and Beyond all day Saturday, so I will have to DVR the game. But I will be keeping tabs via my phone. And if the world ends on Saturday, there are a lot worse places to be for it. πŸ™‚

• Realme
      10:30 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

As long as we’re ahead of Florida when it happens, that’ll be a fine way to go. πŸ™‚

• runningunnin.454
      10:33 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Stop it, Kyrie.

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

If you’re going to go out, going out with a bourbon in hand seems like the way to do it.

• RG, I don’t think RCF said the world is flat. Haha!

• RealCatsFan
      10:51 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

J-Dub, reminds me of a time we got caught in a heavy thunderstorm on the boat many years ago. It was the first time my wife and I got out on the river after the birth of our first kid. A storm blew up out of nowhere, so I put up the canvas, went into a creek, and nose into the shore for shelter. It was kicking hard, coming down in torrents, and thunder and lightning all around, but we were high and dry. The wife was nervously pacing back and forth, convinced that lightning was going to strike one of the huge trees on the bank and send it crashing down into us. She looked down at me sitting in the cabin with a sandwich in one hand and a fresh beer in the other, and said, “How can you be so relaxed when we are going to die and leave our child as an orphan?” And I said, well, if I’m going, it will be with a cold beer in my hand and a smile on my face. πŸ˜€

10. DrSayre
    10:30 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Im probably the only one, but Id like to hear a new song from Kentucky Joe today!

• Realme
      10:38 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

I respect you as a forefather of the show thread, Dr. S., but NO!

• J-Dub421
      10:38 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

You are definitely the only one.

• runningunnin.454
      10:40 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Yep, you’re the only one.

• DrSayre
      10:46 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

haha I like the callers that kinda gets under Matt’s skin sometimes, that Matt doesnt know what to do with. KY Joe is like that, like when he first called in and he had a feud with Matt. Also I think the remixes of KY Joe are pretty funny

• I think they should remix Chester’s calls.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:13 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

HELL. NO.

11. Realme
    10:37 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Please Ryan stop embarrassing that poor woman.

12. runningunnin.454
    10:43 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

I was working, of course, when we beat #1 LSU; but they announced it on the intercom. Fortunately, I had recorded it…only problem were the OT’s…recording stopped before the last defensive play.

• RealCatsFan
      10:47 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

That is why I always give at least an extra hour on the DVR. πŸ™‚

• I didn’t see the entire game. We took our daughter to a pumpkin patch in a town about 45 minutes away, but we got home for most of the 2nd half. The weather was a perfect fall day here with time with family and it was topped off with that incredible win!

• J-Dub421
      10:56 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

During the 7 overtime game against Arkansas with J-Lo, I could tell several of my neighbors were watching the game as well. Every time something good or bad happened there was yelling and /or cheering coming from multiple houses on my my street. It made me laugh.

13. GO CHESTER GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Realme
    10:56 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

I wish they had someone pulling clips and cataloging this show. I’d listen to a Best Of Chester for sure.

• DrSayre
      11:07 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

I can’t think of a better Christmas Day (or another Holiday) episode than a Best of Chester episode

• CATandMONKEY
      11:17 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

I woud pay for that.

15. secrick
    10:57 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Any one of you guys going to the game?

• Realme
      11:06 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Would have, but my spouse has to work super early Sunday morning.

• ukjaybrat
      11:10 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

im going. ill be tailgating all day too

• I wish I could be there!

• secrick
      11:23 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Yep me to , it would be a great one to be at. UKJAYBRAT drink one for all of us even if it’s a soft drink.

• J-Dub421
      11:33 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

I wish, but no.

• ukjaybrat
      12:09 pm September 22, 2017 Permalink

oh it will most certainly be a hard drink πŸ™‚

16. BluKudzu
    11:37 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

We spent half the US Debt for Bourbon and Beyond tix, and I think if I asked to go to the game instead, the only thing left of my body would be ashes.

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

This is why we have WatchESPN apps on our phones.

17. BigBlueBass
    11:45 am September 22, 2017 Permalink

Country Boy & UK Sports just go together….

18. Realme