KSR is at…Conley Bottom! (Monday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from Conley Bottom Resort in beautiful Monticello, Kentucky. If you’re in the area, come on out to listen to the show and for the chance to win tickets to a UK basketball or football game from GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com. Who knows, you may even get to see Ryan Lemond do a cannonball off a houseboat.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

22 Comments for KSR is at…Conley Bottom! (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:47 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

Anyone been enjoying the Olympics? Love when they are on. I was hoping to see some Uncle Matt TV spots for the new show on LEX18. Do we have a name yet?

2. Laker Cat 18
    9:58 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

Saw a bit of the women’s rugby game yesterday. Don’t know anything about the sport, but I’m pretty sure they could run circles around Matt Elam.

3. runningunnin.454
    10:07 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

The Olympics have been good so far….no catastrophes that were predicted in news reports leading up to the games.
    Some inspiring performances ….I don’t know how the British gymnast that landed on her neck was able to come back and compete; that fall looked really bad.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:23 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

The IOC is pathetic; they allow the Russian teams to compete in the Olympics despite rampant doping scandals; and the Paralympic committee punishes a bunch of disabled people.

• RealCatsFan
      10:24 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

Yep, almost as bad as the NCAA! 😀

5. RealCatsFan
    10:23 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

… And I’m back!

Spent the last four days at the Street Rod Nationals. Over 10,000 cars – sensory overload for the motorhead. There were literally more cars than I could reasonably look at very closely over 4 days. Matt should seriously consider doing a remote from out there sometime. Lots of Cat fans walking around representing.

Good to be back, but I wish I was down at Lake Cumberland with Matt and the guys. Love that lake, but my work and kids’ schedule doesn’t allow me to get down there much anymore.

6. CatFan26
    10:26 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

Matt was talking about his speech he gave this past weekend. I did go listen to it…. I’ll just say im so glad the majority of UK fans are smart enough to think for themselves and not blindly follow his left-side political ways. Why I appreciate what Matt does for UK sports his I couldn’t disagree with him more on the political side.

• RealCatsFan
      10:28 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

… and here we go – the “P” word has been dropped. 🙂

I am so friggin’ sick of politics already that I could puke. And we have to listen to both of these clowns for what, 3 more months? And what makes it scary is that one of them is going to run this country! Very sad.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:23 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

Politics wouldn’t be so bad if both candidates would promise up-front to never do anything that will affect anyone’s life in any way. That way, neither side could do any harm, and people would finally prosper without interference!

7. RealCatsFan
    10:26 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

I was really disappointed in the performance by our men’s indoor Olympic volleyball team. We are ranked near the top, and lost to Canada in an uninspired effort. Poor passing and serving will give you no chance to win at this level, and as a junkie of this sport, it was painful to watch. Hope they get it together.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:33 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

We not only lost, we got whipped. Canada was clearly the better team.

• RealCatsFan
      11:03 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

It was also disappointing to see Lauren Fendriick and Brooke Sweat lose to Poland yesterday. They got killed mostly on deep roll shots. I just don’t understand why they kept putting up a block when they were just rolling shots over it. Would have made sense to play off the net a few times and make them beat them with a hard swing.

Oh, and the mostly Brazilian crowd was cheering against them with chants of “zika zika” every time they went to serve. Apparently the Brazilians are offended at the fact that the rest of the world sees Rio as a cesspool. Kind of reminded me of IU fans…

Brazil did the same thing a few years ago when their indoor women’s team when they beat us a few years ago. Not real impressed with the lack of class shown by players and fans.

• runningunnin.454
      11:04 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

Absolutely agree; a bunch of prima donnas obviously over confident based on US dominance over Canada in the past. They were down two sets, even in the third, and were still screaming and acting childish after every kill….maybe they couldn’t see the score board…where is Karch Kiraly when you need him?

• RealCatsFan
      11:24 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

RG, I love UK sports, but being a volleyball junkie, Karch is my all time favorite athlete. He’s extremely intelligent too – graduated with a degree in microbiology, and was planning to be a doctor like his father, (who started out as an engineer but switched to medicine). Of course, pro beach volleyball beckoned, and the rest is history.

That team they had in 1988 with him and Timmons was epic.

BTW – does the 454 in your moniker apply to engine displacement of some type? 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      11:45 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

RCF; No, the .454 is a caliber.

8. J-Dub421
    10:39 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

Katie Ledecky absolutely crushed her 400 free swim. It was truly impressive. Then the guys threw down in the 400 free relay.

• ukjaybrat
      10:50 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

yeah i missed both of them, tried to watch the replay on my phone but couldn’t get it to work on NBC’s website

• J-Dub421
      11:06 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

Try again later, both races were very exciting.

9. ukjaybrat
    10:49 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

Am I the only one that thinks NBC is the worst broadcast company ever?

It’s not as fun to watch sports when you know the outcome, so quit showing almost everything on tape delay. i know they have no choice on some things, but the big events and medal events? c’mon, that stuff should be live.

And their mobile website is garbage for replaying events. can’t get any of it to work properly.
    I can not wait until their contract is over. ABC or CBS needs to save us from them.

10. runningunnin.454
    11:52 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

Don’t be trashing Dolly; I recently watched her concert in England, It was an outdoor venue; and, there were fans as far as you could see; who knew country music is popular overseas?

11. J-Dub421
    11:57 am August 8, 2016 Permalink

It’s not like Del Potro is some chump who managed to beat Djokovic. He’s a former world #1 with a US Open Title. He’s just been injured a lot.