KSR is at Barleycorn’s in Cold Spring! (Friday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Friday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang is at Barleycorn’s in Cold Spring to preview tomorrow’s game vs. Missouri, discuss the Courier-Journal’s report on the outrageous spending at UofL, and catch you up on all the latest recruiting developments. Tune in or miss out.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

41 Comments for KSR is at Barleycorn’s in Cold Spring! (Friday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:06 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

Yesterday, my power went off during the 2nd hour of KSR…there went my computer. I just wanted to say to the ladies of the show thread, including Mrs. T…I appreciate your love of sports, and value your opinions; Newton and many KSR commenters are full of crap. My problem is that although my wife watches UK basketball with me, I can’t get her to watch the football even tho’ she’s a UK grad. Just can’t get her to see the beauty of the game…oh well, maybe someday.

• Maybe if oblong ball ever wins consistently she’ll warm up to it.

• And I have said before that Mrs. TT does a GREAT job turning out so much copy with such great consistency. Drew is the funniest writer, but Tyler is truly the glue of this site.

Mrs. TT, if you ever move on to a national site or something, you will be very difficult to replace. This comment may not get you a raise ๐Ÿ™‚ but maybe it will!

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      11:04 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

Hey, thank you both! Much appreciated.

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

I’m late to the party today, but thank you RG.

• Sure. I’ll be honest. I think there was some overreacting when it came to the Cam thing, but I do believe what he said was disrespectful. However, I think the way Nick Saban often treats the press is just as disrespectful, whether it’s toward a man or a woman.

• J-Dub421
      11:13 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

I thought what Cam said was disrespectful and sexist, but didn’t really get my knickers in a twist over it either. It’s just annoying. Does he really think route running is difficult to understand? You run from one spot to another spot to catch a ball; it’s not exactly theoretical physics.

Saban may be a jerk, but at least he’s the same jerk to everyone. It’s better to just be nice though.

• J-Dub421
      11:31 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

Also agree that Mrs. TT is the best writer on this site. Though I’m also enjoying Aaron Torres. That was a great hire.

• Good points J-Dub. Bobby Bowden once admitted that coaching football is not rocket science.

• J-Dub421
      11:42 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

Don’t get me wrong, football is complicated and has a lot of moving parts. But, route running (which is what the reporter asked about) is really not that complicated.

2. A Fan2222
    10:10 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

What’s going on with Louisville’s Pro Day?

• runningunnin.454
      10:17 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

Don’t know, supposed to be tomorrow; but, will anybody show up?

• RealCatsFan
      10:25 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

You must be talking about the true professionals who work at Minardi Hall, because I don’t think they will have any on the basketball court this year! ๐Ÿ˜€

3. RealCatsFan
    10:25 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

Sounds like the football sky is falling in Knoxville as well as Baton Rouge.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:28 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

Watched UL last night; they were beaten from end zone to end zone. And, somebody else (wink wink UL) can’t count their players on the field.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:28 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

Matt is right about Lamar Jackson. My wife calls him “the eel”, because he just seems to slither through tacklers.

On another note – I take a little bit of silent satisfaction watching Bobby P lose, but I felt bad for the Louisville running back who got hurt late in the game. It appeared to be a very bad arm/shoulder injury – to the point where they didn’t want to show it. Best wishes to the young man for a quick recovery – always hate to see something like that.

• J-Dub421
      11:08 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

I watched bits and pieces of their game last night (Hubby was disgusted by their poor play and just checked in periodically to see the score). Didn’t see the guy get injured, but I would never wish that on anyone. Hope the kid is okay.

Louisville’s defense is bad, their o-line is bad, and their receivers drop a lot of balls that are put right in their hands. In short, Louisville looks like Lamar and a bunch of dudes.

6. Interesting article:

“How Louisville sanctions could impact the ACC and it’s forthcoming network”

7. Also, nice move here by UNLV:

“Las Vegas shooting: UNLV to wear helmets featuring a ribbon instead of its logo”

8. runningunnin.454
    10:59 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

Happy Columbus day, or Indigenous Peoples day to all, depending on where you are. Never understood Columbus day since he never landed on North America; but, LA and SF seem to be ignoring the atrocities the indigenous people committed on each other….vicious wars, murder, torture, rape, slavery, and cannibalism; history can not be rewritten.

9. Matt beat me to it: I was going to mention the Drew photoshops are just like the John Wall ones. My favorite was one where they had Wall’s face on Ali as if he had knocked out Liston.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:21 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

I have to say that I am shocked, just shocked, that the release of the NCAA final report on UNC has been put off.

• runningunnin.454
      11:43 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

I am shocked gambling is going on here, and that there is corruption at UL and UNC.
      Captain Renault
      Casablanca

11. J-Dub421
    11:24 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

Random Observation:

U of L’s once reliable receivers now drop a lot of catchable passes.
    UK’s receivers used to drop a lot of passes, but that has been corrected.
    The common denominator? Lamar Thomas. We stole U of L’s receivers coach and our have gotten better while theirs have gotten worse. All those Louisville fans who bashed Thomas and said he couldn’t coach when we got him were full of it.

• RealCatsFan
      11:26 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

Louisville fans full of it? WhoDaThunk? ๐Ÿ˜€

12. runningunnin.454
    11:24 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

Hah, Matt never heard of Bill Spivey and Wilt Chamberlain…both 7 footers, I believe.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:25 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

Will the UK student section take a page out of NC State’s student section’s handbook and chant “FBI, FBI” when Louisville visits Rupp this year? ๐Ÿ™‚

14. J-Dub421
    11:48 am October 6, 2017 Permalink

Jurich is basically making 5X what any other AD is making (including the under the table money from the Foundation). U of L is not 5X better than other Division 1 athletic programs.