KSR Hits the Road (Wednesday Show Thread)

Today is the final day Kentucky Sports Radio will be live from Lexington.  After today’s show, Matt and the gang are hitting the road to St. Louis for the SEC Tournament.  Hear what they have to say as conference tournament action shifts into second gear this afternoon.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

38 Comments for KSR Hits the Road (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    9:55 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

“Rumor” ? about Vando injuring his foot again last night. I’ll believe it when it’s on KSR. If false…who starts this crap?

• JTHinton
      10:00 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

It’s on KSR

• JTHinton
      10:00 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

Jarred Vanderbilt Injured in Practice, Considered Day-to-Dayhttp://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/jarred-vanderbilt-injured-in-practice-considered-day-to-day/

• runningunnin.454
      10:01 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

Damn.

• Realme
      10:05 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

Have they said it’s his foot? I was hoping it was something else, for his sake.

• RealCatsFan
      10:11 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

Noooooooo! Any chance the staff put that out there to throw off the opposition? We can hope, right? 😉

• I’m afraid Jarred has the same fragile feet as Bill Walton. I hope not.

This also makes me think that he’s gone to the NBA unless he thinks he won’t get drafted. I remember Ron Mercer saying he may have come back one more year if DA hadn’t blown his knee out a 2nd time.

• RealCatsFan
      10:17 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

I wonder if he is out for the year it means he comes back. NBA teams might want to see him get through a season injury free before taking a chance on him.

• runningunnin.454
      10:18 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

Sam Bowie all over again.

2. G-Money
    10:00 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

That iheart radio app is terrible. Where’s the other online link? It was much better when I could use the tune-up radio app.

• Try WLAP instead of 1080. I think 1080 gets more traffic since it’s linked here.

If that doesn’t work, use the affiliate list and see if another station works better. I think the one in Somerset worked for me once.

• runningunnin.454
      10:08 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

Article said Matt Jones broke the news….when? I sent him a tweet last night asking about it…nothing.
      Even with internet and instant news, you’re left in suspense.

• Realme
      10:11 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

Matt tweeted about it a few seconds before SEC country, maybe. I find it so annoying that they want credit for that.

• JTHinton
      10:15 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

RG, it’s the first I’ve heard about it

• DrSayre
      10:19 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

One thing Im not crazy about Matt Jones is how he teases all this insider information he knows… then acts like it was common knowledge after the fact

• runningunnin.454
      10:22 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

There were two comments on unrelated stories on KSR…by people that I didn’t consider flakes; not the typical trolls.
      So I was pretty apprehensive. Bad for us, and I really really hate it for Vando.

• I saw that RG. I was hoping they were flakes, but oh well.

3. ukbasketballlive.com may be gone, but here you go:

4. Realme
    10:14 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

Last time I heard UK say “day to day” it was about Baker’s knee. I sure hope this is minor. Jarred has worked SO freaking hard and deserves to play basketball.

5. For a second there it sounded like MJ was going to say “I have green teeth”. A Charlie Daniels song comes to mind.

6. Realme
    10:28 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

I watched The Push and am going to assume it’s fine to spoil it, since Matt is about to anyways. But don’t read this anymore if you don’t want to know…

1. I was willing to believe it was genuine, until the end when they acted like 3 people chose to commit murder, but were able to easily shake it off once they found out they only thought they killed a man.

2. The conclusion that anyone could have been convinced to go along with all that is complete bs. If that was real, they weeded out anyone assertive or showing signs of not being a conformist before doing the experiment.

3. I seriously think I wouldn’t have gone along with any of it, even the vegetarian / meat thing. I find being told what to do annoying and if I get a sense you’re trying to manipulate me, I’m getting uncooperative immediately.

• DrSayre
      10:43 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

Something I was thinking about while driving into work, is how do you convince a woman who wont even do the vegetarian thing, to push the man? I would think that if youre willing to do that, you probably dont care about mixing up the vegetarian flags.
      Also, I didnt really understand how they could come to the conclusion that they had to push the man off? How would they expect to get away with that? They kept saying they would go to jail if they didnt do it… well, unless you have a really good plan to get away, I think youd also go to jail for that.

• Realme
      10:48 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

I guess that end part was all about having a group of people pressure them? Reasoning definitely made no sense. I couldn’t believe both women kicked him.

7. I just now noticed the button in the pic says “Arch Madness”. Clever.

8. runningunnin.454
    10:33 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

On a happier note, I watched AD last night…absolutely amazing. 41 points, and they said 3 blocks…I counted at least five. And the blocks were like volleyball spikes, slamming the floor.
    The LA Clipper crowd was oohing and aahing with admiration.

9. The newsbreak so nice, we had to hear it twice.

10. The Original WTF Guy
    11:05 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

A question – where can I download prior shows? I can’t listen live but it used to be pretty easy to get archived shows on iHeart Radio but they are no longer there. Any help would be appreciated!!

11. spincr4hire72
    11:23 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

Haven’t watched Push yet. Turned the show off and went back to Howard Stern. Thanks for ruining stuff guys

• Realme
      11:26 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

He’s been spoiler warning you for days.

• runningunnin.454
      11:32 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

Basketball tournaments all day and night…I watched two big upsets in last few days; Lipscomb and LIU-
      Brk going to the dance. And, we’re talking about a TV show? Is it summer already?

12. runningunnin.454
    11:46 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

Well now the guy that first said anything about Vando yesterday, is saying hairline fracture of same foot, and cast and crutches…so depressing.

• Realme
      11:50 am March 7, 2018 Permalink

I could cry. More for him than for my fandom. He can’t catch a break. I will still hope it’s not that until it’s official.

• ClutchCargo
      12:03 pm March 7, 2018 Permalink

Saw that. I’m not one to ever give up hope, but this isn’t looking good at all. If true, hate it for him and the team. The chicken little fans can suck it, though.

• runningunnin.454
      12:06 pm March 7, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, somebody already said “Gives Cal an excuse for a failed season”. They don’t know what a failed season looks like…they should try being a fan of Wisconsin, Indiana, or UConn.

13. WildcatMarkC
    1:21 pm March 7, 2018 Permalink

Podcast way late today????