KSR hits Northern KY (Friday Show Thread)

Northern Kentucky, it’s your turn for the KSR tour! Matt and Ryan are at Dickmann’s Sports Cafe in Fort Wright today for the show. If you’re in or around the area, you better be there. If not, tune in.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Here’s an updated list of tour stops:

July 27: Campbellsville — Mr. Gatti’s
July 28: Owensboro — Don Moore GM Center
July 29: Benton — Kennedy’s Fan Shop
July 30: Paducah — Buffalo Wild Wings and IMAC Regeneration of Paducah
July 31: Fancy Farm

August 3: Bowling Green — Chaney’s Dairy Barn
August 4: McKee — Old Courthouse Community Room
August 5: Glasgow — Papa John’s
August 6: Jamestown — Lawless-Smith True Value and Appliance Center (Russell Springs)
August 7: Monticello — Conley Bottom Resort

August 10: Frankfort — Governor’s Mansion
August 11: Maysville — Laurel Oaks Golf Course
August 12: Danville — Sun Tropic Outdoors
August 13: Lexington — All Sports at Fayette Mall
August 14: Louisville

gotc-ksr

GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com is giving away UK basketball and football tickets at every tour stop this summer. That’s 33 chances to win, and all you have to do is come out to listen to your favorite radio show. That’s so easy even Ryan Lemond could do it!

Article written by Drew Franklin

27 Comments for KSR hits Northern KY (Friday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:48 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

I may not be able to post first all next week as I will be on vacation, but I will have KSR on while at the beach, and by the pool. So anyone want to fill in? Maybe? 😉

So is KSR going to be on FOX sports radio 1360?

• J-Dub421
      10:11 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

Have fun on vacation!

2. @BallBlog_Chad
    9:59 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

is the game tonight on tv or just on the app again? i’d really like to be able to dvr it and actually watch it

• J-Dub421
      10:13 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

I know the games have been on watch espn, which you can some times view later via video, but I’m not sure if it’s on TV or not.

• @BallBlog_Chad
      10:23 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

thank you, matt … just said the game is on espn2 at 6pm tonight

3. Daniel
    10:12 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

This should be a fun show! The crowd is pumped and Dickmann’s has history with good shows!

4. STOOPS TROOPS
    10:17 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

Stoops is still cleaning up Joker’s mess…will be two more years before a meaningful bowl

• @BallBlog_Chad
      10:35 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

Just wait until he can go into these 2017, 2018 and 2019 recruits’ homes and show the skill position guys the offensive line they have put together … we need to snag a really highly ranked QB out of the ’18 or ’19 class … “look at what Dawson is doing”, “look at our offensive line”, “look at our huge receiver targets” … why wouldn’t you want to come play here? #JustGettinStartedBro

• J-Dub421
      10:38 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

Agreed. The offensive line recruits we have coming in next year should be really good, which is exciting. 4 high school all-americans on the o-line!

• ukjaybrat
      11:30 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

the problem with this is that a lot of the recruits we are getting now are being promised immediate playing time. if we don’t produce results now, we won’t be winning, nor will we be able to promise immediate playing time. the next two years (this year in particular) will be very crucial going forward.

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

Good point Jay. I do think that the offense will be a lot better this year, especially now that Towles had a full year as a starter to gain experience last year.

• @BallBlog_Chad
      11:46 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

I don’t know how much immediate playing time we’re promising, last year we redshirted 16 guys. I think we’re going to continue to get young guys playing time because Stoops likes his offense and defense to use active rotations and keep guys fresh. Where that hurts us is getting a 5* receiver that wants to be on the field every play.

5. RMB
    10:39 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

Trevard Lindley should head the Mount Rushmore of UK football. The offensive guys on those teams deservedly get a lot of the credit, but in the biggest wins for those temas, Lindley made the biggest plays. The interceptions against Clemson, Louisville & LSU. The fumble recovery for a touchdown at Arkansas.

6. JoeMoney333
    10:44 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

Team Canada. Easy… It’s a sport, not a war.

7. Tampa satchel (formerly Tokyo Satchel)
    11:09 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

I can assure you going to the Tokyo Hooters, after the 2-3 hour wait) you will realize the HUGE difference in the experience there vs the one you get in the US. It may be worth the wait once, but not more.

8. Tampa satchel
    11:12 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

Erik Daniels is my vote for hustler.

• J-Dub421
      11:14 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

I’d go with MKG for most hustle.

9. Ya know, every now and then MJ gives us a glimpse into why he’s still single.

• realme
      11:36 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

And Ryan makes us wonder how he’s married.

10. realme
    11:25 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

I was really sad to hear Joe B. on the Leach report this morning say that Ulis is still struggling a lot with shin splints. I wish they would completely rest him for a while. I want to see Tyler at his best.

• J-Dub421
      11:27 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

I hadn’t heard that. That sucks.

• Oh man, memories of Sam Bowie sitting for 2 years just flashed before me.

• realme
      11:50 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

I would rather he get out of shape by sitting all summer than play next season hurt. He is such an exciting player, I hate to see him limping every time a game is over.

• J-Dub421
      12:01 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

They should have him try swimming for cardio during the off-season. It’s low impact but he’d still be in shape.

11. Don Keyshane
    5:31 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

Man, I miss the Cincy area. If you could be so kind, please hit Pompillio’s in New Port for dinner. Sally Dibbs; Dibbs Sally. And, stop by Dixie Chilli. You ill be DeLighted (man I miss Hudepohl). Then, please report on it. Great article on Charlie Hustle in SI, 7/20/15. I’d drop the F-bomb, but I’d get censored by the guy who changed his name from Drawed to Drew.