Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from CLEVELAND, Ohio for Day 1 of the Republican National Convention. Oh yes, KSR is at the RNC this week because, well, why not? Tune in to hear Matt, Ryan, and Drew break down their first night in the CLE and describe what is surely a wild and bizarre environment.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list 2016 KSR Tour

29 Comments for KSR goes to Cleveland for the Republican National Convention (Monday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

Good luck up there guys. Stay safe.

2. Are MJ, Ryan & Drew exercising their 2nd Amendment rights and carrying? 😉

3. Laker Cat 18
    10:15 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

Ok I have to mention it. The Bluegrass Boys upset in the first round. Did anyone really expect them to advance very far? Not this guy.

• Didn’t expect much, but I would have thought they could have handled a team that was laden with NAIA Freed-Hardeman players.

• Realme
      10:21 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

They seemed to be struggling to put a team together. Wonder if there were many BBN at the game.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:24 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

I’ll say this….underdogs will play harder than those who think they will automatically win. I didn’t see them getting past the 2nd round.

• Yev
      10:52 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

Due to the NBA summer schedule, much of the Bluegrass boy’s roster was not present, including Teague, Hobson, Behannan, Jordan Crawford. Theoretically 3 of those 4 would have been their best players as this points in careers. Oh well.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:15 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

I”m not falling for the summer league excuse. Back-ups should have beaten that team.

4. Sin The
    10:18 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

The Band Perry is actually not bad. They the sister is kinda hot but the brother is kinda creepy.

• Realme
      10:20 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

I only know that If I Die Young song, which my brain will probably now be playing all day.

5. turkeyleg88
    10:20 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

Is Ryan wearing Matt’s pants? Why are they so long?

6. Realme
    10:25 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

My favorite part of Oscar’s complete obliteration of Dakich yesterday was a couple hours later, when Oscar did 2 survey questions. One was about Indiana coaches, and one was about annoying media, and he left Dakich out of the answer choices, as if to say he doesn’t exist.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:35 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

Watch out for Dinesh D’Souza….he will chew you up. And, don’t call him Seen Hannity…it’s like Shawn. What I want to know is HAVE YOU SEEN LEBRON?

8. CatManDo
    10:53 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

Nice picture. I always get confused – which one is Shemp?

9. RealCatsFan
    11:01 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

The notion of Bernie being good at basketball conjures up images of the Kyrie Irving “Uncle Drew” commercial. Imagine “Uncle Bernie” showing up on the playground and schooling everyone. 😉

10. somerset bill
    11:04 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

gotta hand it to you guys. you are totally scooping those other kentucky sports blogs with this. there’s not even a single mention of politics on any of their sites.

11. TMacFromNichVegas
    11:15 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

Hey Matt! Have you ever had JB Holmes or Josh Teater on the show?

12. runningunnin.454
    11:16 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

Enjoyed that with the Trump lady; you all had exactly the right tone….good job.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:17 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

Mickelson is simply snake-bit – shoots 17-under and still loses by 3 strokes. How often does that happen?

14. RealCatsFan
    11:17 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

So, if Trump gets elected, will that furry animal living on top of his head be the “first pet”? 😀

15. TMacFromNichVegas
    11:20 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

Scottie Nell Hughes is married. Sorry Drew.

16. runningunnin.454
    11:27 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

I can’t believe these people are actually talking to you; and, they don’t have a clue who you are.
    HILARIOUS!

17. RealCatsFan
    11:37 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

If you are a “conservative commando”, does that mean that you don’t wear underwear?

18. RealCatsFan
    11:38 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

Hoping and praying for a full recovery for Josephine’s hubby. She sounds like a neat lady!

19. RealCatsFan
    11:41 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

James Young was a very streaky shooter even when he was at Kentucky.

• J-Dub421
      11:47 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

Young is one of those players who drives me crazy. He should be really good. He has great size, length, crazy athleticism…….. and no work ethic. The difference between Young and Booker is mental, it’s work ethic and desire. Booker has them, and Young doesn’t. I hate watching Young waste his talent.

• And to think he nearly saved us single-handedly in the championship game against UCONN.

20. Souf beach Lou
    11:55 am July 18, 2016 Permalink

All those “stick to sports” conservative fascists should be rubbing themselves with joy that they are getting their unadulterated fix of propaganda from KSR. I don’t want to hear them complain about “liberal” KSR anymore this is their superbowl or should I say stupid-bowl