KSR gets ready for Catlanta (Tuesday Show Thread)

Matt Jones, Ryan Lemond and Shannon T. Dude are in studio for one more day before they take the show on the road to Catlanta for the rest of the week. They’ll preview the trip and the tournament matchups ahead, as well as other exciting conversations about the happenings around the Bluegrass.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

66 Comments for KSR gets ready for Catlanta (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. RealCatsFan
    10:10 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

So, if Louisville goes to the NIT Final Four and hangs a banner for it, will they get to keep it after the FBI investigation shakes out and the NCAA slaps them again? 🙂

• I say let them keep it!

10:13 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

cg, they can put a big asterisk on it. 😀

• ClutchCargo
      10:14 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Maybe they should hang this one with Velcro, as they used to try say about UK with such snarkiness.

• Yeah, I’ll never forget the person here with the screen name Vac8te for the longest after 2012. I wonder if that was DennyC or CodeRed? Whoever it was, they quit posting after it became obvious our title wasn’t being Vac8ted.

• J-Dub421
      11:07 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Vac8te was just being prophetic about U of L’s title…

2. Every state having 2 senators is not fair? So much for Matt’s knowledge of history, and in particular this country’s founding. That was done for a reason. Yeesh.

• runningunnin.454
      10:17 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Hah, you beat me on that. See below.

• ClutchCargo
      10:20 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

That’s just embarrassing. Damn, brother, I don’t believe I’da told that (said in my best Lewis Grizzard voice).

10:43 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Clutch, when someone said something embarrassing, buddy of mine used to say “I believe I’d have taken that one to the grave with me.” 😀

3. RealCatsFan
    10:13 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Not really sports related, but Kentucky County related. Anyone from Carter County on here? Found a guy here in Louisville selling a car that someone had in a barn down there for 38 years. Current owner has had the car since 2008 and has it on eBay. Current bid: $175,300.00. Why the hell wasn’t I hanging around Carter Co in 2008?

• runningunnin.454
      10:19 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

I had a chance to buy a ’57 Cadillac that was stored for years like that. That thing was beautiful, and in mint condition…had like 39,000 miles; but the air didn’t work. So I messed up.

• What kind of car RCF?

RG, when I was in high school in the late 70s, a friend’s dad restored a red 66 Caddy convertible for him and we got to ride around in it with him with the top down after football games, and stuff like that. 🙂

That thing was AWESOME. One friend said “I don’t like that car. It looks like a big red floating tank!” I said “I know! That’s why I love it!” Even though our high school is blue (think Auburn unis & color scheme) and our rival is red.

10:24 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

rg, you probably wouldn’t want to know what that thing is worth today. This car was a 1970 ‘Cuda with the 426 Hemi engine. Dude bought it new when he came back from Vietnam, then parked it when he got married and had kids. Thing is amazingly well preserved. This car will probably end up bringing at least a half mil. Amazing.

• A 70 Cuda!? Wow! I’d love to just be able to drive it one time.

10:31 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

cg, Yep! I could picture the dude on Graveyard Carz going nuts over this one.

• runningunnin.454
      10:33 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

RCF, even Ford Edsels are worth a bunch today. I was going to buy a 70 Cuda back then; but, instead I bought a 70 Roadrunner…I wish I had never sold that car. For more than one reason,
      The kid that bought the Roadrunner was killed drag racing in it; I saw the wreck, and you couldn’t even tell what it was.

10:34 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

cg, I love old Caddy’s, and I especially love convertibles – I have two of them (got them before I got married – don’t ask.) There’s nothing like riding around with the top down on a warm summer evening. Ah, the simple pleasures of life.

• I have a cool coffee table book I bought in a bargain bin years ago. It’s about muscle cars, and it gives their specs and everything, not just photos. It even talks about dealers that customized them and “hopped them up” as we used to say it. One was the Yenko Nova (Don Yenko I believe). Yenko was a dealer in Ohio I think.

10:38 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

cg, I probably have the same book. 🙂 Don Yenko was famous for his Yenko SC (SuperCar) Camaros, Chevelles, and Novas. He found a way to order the cars straight from Chevrolet with the big dog Corvette motors, and a factory warranty. 😉

We are probably boring the rest of the KSR audience with our motorhead banter. 😉

• runningunnin.454
      10:44 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

cg, that story reminds me of the Ky Headhunters song,
      “I like the feelin’ when the women get to squealin’ in the back of my Caddy”. Ha ha.

• 4everUKblue
      10:50 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Love the Headhunters, went to high school with Greg Martin and the Young Brothers.

• J-Dub421
      11:40 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

You guys are reminding me of my grandfather. He had a navy blue Lincoln Towncar that he loved. It lived in the garage with a cover over it too. He would only take it out on nice days, wash it and wax it, then go for a drive. As I was a little kid at the time, I used to think it was a limo.

• runningunnin.454
      2:01 pm March 20, 2018 Permalink

GRANDFATHER? C’mon now…low blow.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:15 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

LOL, Matt has a problem with the founding fathers. Rhode Island and Kentucky, etc have two Senators like NY and Calif to provide equality.
    The more populated states have more representation in the House.

5. King Kelly Coleman
    10:18 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

It never fails about this time every, single year some in the media troll the UK fan base, see Metcalf & Norlander, in a way that even Trump would be proud of. Don’t allow them the pleasure of the clicks. They post the most absurd things about UK because they know that outlets like KSR will put them on blast and thus send BBN flocking to their article. Let’s not give them any more clicks (money) and stop promoting these goobers.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:25 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Wonder what office productivity is going to be like this coming Friday… 😉

• 4everUKblue
      10:26 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Lethargic at best.

• runningunnin.454
      10:27 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Depends on the outcome…no? Extra adrenaline if we win.

• 4everUKblue
      10:30 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

K State only scored 50 against UMBC, I feel pretty good about it being the extra adrenaline option

10:35 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

I think Wenyen, Quade, Kevin and Hami will need to be connecting from outside, as I can see K St packing it in and trying to get us top play Big 10 style basketball.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:30 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

I was listening to 790 AM radio this morning (often entertaining to hear the Louisville fans whine), and the thought of UK having an easy path to the Final Four is making Captain Suntan’s life miserable. 🙂

8. Hey 4ever;

I think it was you and Realme that said you’re into the true crime podcasts. It’s not my thing, but did you see where The Onion has come out with a parody of those? Judging from this article you would probably find it funny (it says they parody, among other things, formulaic things that are a part of all of them):

9. runningunnin.454
    10:36 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Western Kentucky is still alive in the NIT; they beat the Trojans last night. I couldn’t stay up that late, but I’m sure it was at USC.

10:40 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Yep, heard on the radio that there is a chance that Western and Louisville could be playing for the NIT championship. How rich would it be if they knocked Louisville out of it?

• Booby Petrino
      10:41 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

please let them play and beat Louisville, that would be great comedy.

• runningunnin.454
      10:50 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know. Western may have a problem with OK State, and UL may have a problem with Miss State.

• ClutchCargo
      10:50 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

As much as I would love to see that, I don’t think there is any way WKU would beat UofL. Little brother seems genuinely into this tournament, unlike most of them that are just going through the motions. They have accepted their fate and are beginning to make the most of it.

11:15 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Clutch, would you have thought that a team called the Retrievers would beat UVA? (Would have loved if UK had the chance to play them – I could see a new Cal quip: “these Retrievers aren’t peeing down their leg.”) 🙂

• ClutchCargo
      11:31 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

No, I didn’t see that coming at all. But one unlikely event happening doesn’t mean that another unlikely event will also happen. But hey, there is always hope, right? 🙂

10. 4everUKblue
    10:36 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Big surprise, Trae Young will enter the NBA draft. Didn’t see that coming.

10:40 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Hope he enjoys watching the NCAA Tournament from his couch.

• 4everUKblue
      10:42 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Him and Bamba!

• ClutchCargo
      10:47 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

I’m sure ESPN will be sure to let us know anytime he gets up off the couch to get some more popcorn or go to the bathroom.

11:16 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Somebody need to make up a GIF of Young and Bamba sitting on the couch like a couple of “bro’s” watching the tourney drinking Bud Light.

11. runningunnin.454
    10:56 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Did you see the story about Marvin Bagley’s family finances? Wow, from bankruptcy to a mansion LOL.

• ClutchCargo
      11:11 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

I wonder how many duffel bags that cost!

11:15 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Yep, and you know that dook will skate on by unscathed, just like with all the other scandals.

12. J-Dub421
    11:15 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

It’s not our fault other teams crapped the bed and lost. We can only beat whatever team is in front of us.

13. RealCatsFan
    11:17 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

IF Duke and UK end up in the championship game, imagine how nervous collectively BBN would be. Matt would just get in the shower and stay there.

14. J-Dub421
    11:32 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Who is this fool? Diallo is not a center and no he should not play center. Do people not understand the different skill sets needed for different positions?

• DrSayre
      11:38 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

In that guy’s defense, I think Cal briefly mentioned something about Diallo at the 5 if they had some foul trouble on the call in show last night.

• ClutchCargo
      12:00 pm March 20, 2018 Permalink

Cal is feeling it this week. No telling what he will say, so take it all with a grain of salt. LOL!

15. DrSayre
    11:35 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Is anybody having trouble listening through iHeart on either WLAP or 1080’s website? It will work for a few minutes then stop.

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

I’ve been on both and they keep cutting out.

• DrSayre
      11:42 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Thanks, wondering if it was just me or not…

16. RealCatsFan
    11:39 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

No way I want dook to win another title, no matter what. The only exception would be if the NCAA finally woke up and busted them for all their cheating, and we got to watch the banner come down.

• J-Dub421
      11:44 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

We both know that would never happen. Saint K can do no wrong in the eyes of the NCAA.

17. RealCatsFan
    11:54 am March 20, 2018 Permalink

Hell or High Water was an EXCELLENT movie.