KSR Football Podcast joins KSR (Tuesday Show Thread)

The KSR Football Podcast — well, half of it — is in studio with Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond on today’s show to talk Kentucky football for all those listeners screaming for more football talk.

Nick Roush and Freddie Maggard will provide everything you need to know about Week 1 preparations and what’s ahead in the Southern Miss game, while Matt and Ryan keep the regular KSR flow going for the show.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by Drew Franklin

61 Comments for KSR Football Podcast joins KSR (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. I refuse to accept that “Pigskin Palookas” did not make the top 6. I demand a recount! I saw some dimpled chads!

2. secrick
    10:14 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

UKJAYBRAT, There’s an earlier post with the names where you can vote.

3. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Joel Osteen runs completely counter to what Jesus teaches in the New Testament. I do not follow him, so maybe I don’t know enough about him, but the notion that God wants everyone to be rich (in material things) runs counter to a lot of the teachings of Christ. I’m far from a shining example of an exemplary Christian, but I know that helping others is held in much higher regard than personal wealth. Sorry to get off topic – but they are talking about him. Just my view.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:20 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

He’s a confidence artist. I can’t see how you can even call him a preacher since there’s no cross in his church and he rarely mentions anything truly spiritual (and praying your way to a personal fortune does not count as spiritual). He also never talks about sin. How can you be a preacher and never speak against sin?

• This is the first I’ve heard that they won’t open their building. I just did a quick search and someone there says it’s prone to flooding. I’ve never been to Houston so I have no idea.

Regardless, you are correct RCF. There’s nothing wrong with being rich like some people think (after all, who decides what’s rich and what’s not?), but the “health & wealth” gospel is not what the New Testament teaches.

• RealCatsFan
      10:21 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

That being said, after doing a little bit of reading, it looks like the viral reports that Osteen’s church had “turned away” flood victims may be overblown. Lets allow the facts to emerge before jumping to conclusions.

• runningunnin.454
      10:23 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Agree, that is shameful.

• RealCatsFan
      10:24 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

I was just getting ready to reply that Osteen looks like Tim Allen, and someone said it on the show. Almost expect him to grunt like Tim Allen and say something about the latest Binford power saw. 😉

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

But Tim Allen was funny….and he rewires things.

• RealCatsFan
      10:39 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Osteen is completely and diametrically opposed to Mother Theresa and all that she represented. ‘Nuff said.

• And then Al had to fix it.

• RealCatsFan
      10:43 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Apparently, Osteen thinks that his good fortune is directly related to his holiness and favor with God. So by that logic, poor people have somehow done something to deserve their ill fortune, and to take this bastardized teaching further, my father must have done something to deserve the cancer that he is dealing with. Sorry, but that is complete rubbish.

• Job’s friends told him he must have done something wrong to cause his suffering, but it was not so.

• J-Dub421
      11:18 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Osteen is a total charlatan. He has at least two huge expensive mansions and a private plane. He basically just asks people to send him money and then keeps it. He tells people they can buy their salvation.

4. Jayy
    10:28 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

What about Al Gore making money off of movies telling us Global warming is going to kill us all, but he personally contributes more to global warming than my whole block.

5. JoeMoney333
    10:38 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Hypocrisy sucks. No matter where it is. Sucks worse when they are really popular.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:43 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

I refuse to let Freddie scare me, UK 34-14.

7. garypatterson7o
    10:46 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Does anyone know the TEXT LINE number? Matt rarely says it. Thanks

• ukjaybrat
      10:47 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

(859) 300-3264

8. runningunnin.454
    10:49 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Jimmy Swaggart was a cousin of Mickey Gilley and Jerry Lee Lewis.
    He plays piano, too. Talented family.

9. RealCatsFan
    10:50 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

I recall one tele-evangelist talking about going to the “throne room” to worship, and my dad used to joke that he was heading to the commode with the sports page. 🙂

• ukjaybrat
      10:57 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

a friend recently got my hooked into a John Oliver HBO show (pretty sure you can get most of them on youtube) where he completely rips people/groups and he has an episode where he tears into the idea of tele-evangelism and some of the worst offenders that are basically stealing money from people that need it more all in the name of god.

• ukjaybrat
      11:00 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

10. He’s probably thinking now of Robert Tilton.

11. runningunnin.454
    11:01 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

In addition to the horror of the storm and flooding, I read there are alligators swimming in the high waters.

• ukjaybrat
      11:04 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

that’s not terrifying at all
      /s

• J-Dub421
      11:20 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Snakes too, and swarms of fire ants.

• RealCatsFan
      11:28 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

My younger daughter tells me that Bull Sharks are actually able to survive in fresh water and have been seen in the Ohio River, so I am sure that they could be swimming around Houston. 🙂

• J-Dub421
      11:33 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Bull sharks can cross over into fresh water and do so to spawn their young. Young bull sharks live in fresh water for a few years until they are large enough to survive the open ocean. Bull sharks have never been in the Ohio River though.

12. runningunnin.454
    11:17 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

I hear if you play a WR at QB, you can beat Tennessee….no?

• RealCatsFan
      11:26 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

I have heard rumors that this is true… 😉

13. RealCatsFan
    11:26 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

I have always been that weird picky eater of the crowd, so most will disagree with me, but am almost completely anti-condiment. I dislike mayo, ketchup and mustard. About the only one I like is BBQ sauce.

• ukjaybrat
      11:30 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

i dont like mayo or ketchup (except for fries)
      but i will put mustard on a hot dog/brat and bbq on anything

• runningunnin.454
      11:32 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

The best thing McDonalds ever did was put BBQ sauce on their quarter-pounder.

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

I enjoy a variety of condiments, but to each their own.

• RealCatsFan
      11:36 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Jay, BBQ sauce is surprisingly good on brat’s – they are pork, after all.

• In Canada McDonald’s has vinegar in ketchup type packets for Canucks to put on fries, just like Tim Allen said in “Santa Claus 2”.

• ukjaybrat
      11:41 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

my go to is hot sauce. i am a hot sauce connoisseur. i even have a go to hot sauce for just about every occassion. i might have a problem actually

• CatManDo
      11:41 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Not using condiments can result in unexpected children and diseases…. oh, never mind.

• Sorry, that one was SC 3.

• Yay hot sauce! Tabasco is still the best IMHO.

• RealCatsFan
      11:47 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

CatmanDo, I thought that was condominiums…

• RealCatsFan
      11:50 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

RE hot sauce, I like a little burn, but please, no permanent damage. Had a too close encounter with “Scorned Woman Hot Sauce” one time, and barely lived through it. Bread an milk (together) turned out to be the antidote to it.

I like some of the names – “Bottled Hell”, etc. – but “Screaming Spinchter” might be my favorite. 😉

• ukjaybrat
      11:52 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

i am considered by many no longer a good judge of what is spicy or not. i have friends that think something is spicy and i would consider it sweet or tasty

Spicy Garlic from bdubs being a prime example of that.

• Sentient Third Eye
      4:01 pm August 29, 2017 Permalink

Love a good hot sauce, even really hot ones like some of the Blair’s Reserve stuff. I understand the new “Devil’s Breath” pepper is the first one that can actually kill you if you eat it, though. So maybe we now have reached the upper limit on just how far to go…

14. RealCatsFan
    11:32 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Higher Ground – great remix by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Now you need to play “Texas Flood” by Stevie Ray Vaughn, Shannon.

• RealCatsFan
      11:35 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Ahhh, “When the Levee Breaks” – EXCELLENT tune, Shannon!

• runningunnin.454
      11:45 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

When making out, when possible, put on Led Zeppelin IV. Ha Ha

• RealCatsFan
      11:51 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

rg, funny thing was, in the movie he was playing “Kashmir”, which was on Physical Graffitti.

• runningunnin.454
      12:01 pm August 29, 2017 Permalink

Yep.

15. Sentient Third Eye
    11:42 am August 29, 2017 Permalink

Johnny Cash – “Five Feet High and Rising”