Kevin Ware cited for speeding and reckless driving, skips court date

Image via www.ngngsports.com

According to WHAS11, UofL junior Kevin Ware failed to appear in court today for a speeding and reckless driving charge after being pulled over in Barren County back on October 26th.  Speeding tickets are the most common traffic violation. In fact, it was probably your first introduction to a law enforcement officer, and it’s almost certain that you don’t know of one driver who has not been ticketed in their lifetime. To know more about traffic attorney, click link here. The citation says that Ware was pulled over for going 95 mph in a 45 mph zone at 11 p.m. on I-65S in a work zone. The officer trailed Ware for half a mile before pulling him over. He did not show up to his court date this morning. CBS obtained a copy of the citation, which says he was driving a 2013 Dodge Challenger. If you want to use this method to beat a traffic ticket your Louisiana, there’re a few things you need to do. Once you present your ticket to the court, you’ll require to plead not guilty and show that you’d prefer to use a written declaration to fight the ticket. In a lot of states, when you lose your Trial by Declaration, there’s a chance to have an in-person trial and get another chance to beat the ticket. You can hire a Louisiana traffic ticket lawyer, most of which aren’t very expensive and have a speciality in beating traffic tickets. For those who are facing license suspension or have multiple tickets, this is especially important. If you choose to represent yourself in court, there’re a few things to consider to increase your chances of winning. To begin with, you need to show up for the trial with any or all the evidence you have, such as any photos of the road conditions, photos of strange road conditions, obstructed speed limit signs, or pictures of the position the officer was standing if you think that their view was obstructed. Apart from all of that, ensure that you have thought through your particular argument and you’re fully aware of what you have to say to contest your traffic ticket. A lot of people attend hoping that the officer won’t appear and eventually lose their Louisiana speeding ticket case since they were not prepared.

Adam Lefkoe asked Rick Pitino about the incident today. Here’s his response:

I was not aware and that is his business. That has nothing to do with basketball. Parking tickets, speeding tickets, I don’t encourage getting either one and I’ll talk to him about it. It’s the first of my knowledge of it. Why he missed the date I have no idea. I’m not concerned. I’m concerned about…obviously, I don’t want anybody speeding, I don’t want anybody getting parking tickets, I don’t want anyone losing their lunch pass. I’m sure you’re concerned about it, I’m not. He shouldn’t be speeding, first of all, but that’s something he has to address and if he gets his license suspended, he’s going to do a lot of walking.”

Does this mean he’ll have to abide by Pitino’s 6 a.m. wakeup call and 10 p.m. curfew?

[Kevin Ware, accused of reckless driving, misses Barren Co. court date]

147 Comments for Kevin Ware cited for speeding and reckless driving, skips court date

1. Settle
    4:31 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

The article states 55 mph….

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      4:34 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

If you check out the actual citation on the CBS link, it says 45 mph.

• Bizarro Worlds
      5:25 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

I drive through there 3 times a week- it’s a 55 MPH zone

• Han
      6:49 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Does the fact that it’s a work zone change things?

• Bizarro World
      7:45 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Yea- the work zone made it 55 MPH instead of 70 MPH

2. jimbob
    4:33 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

kid should definitely be kicked off the team. i’ve never heard of a worse kid in my life. speeding? staying out late? thug life.

• Flynnacious
      4:38 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Are you serious!?!?! This does not make him a “thug”! That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Have you stayed out late? Have you ever sped? I guess you’re a “thug” then. Someone needs to find you and arrest you. And if you are still reading this, know it was sarcasm….I’m bored…Ha

• strategicblend
      4:42 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

@Flynnacious…. I believe the comment you’re referring to was dripping with sarcasm.

• DCS195
      4:58 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

The real question is: Whose 2013 Dodge Challenger was he driving? I couldn’t afford one when I was in college. Come to think of it, I can’t afford one now.

• Douglas Johnson
      5:12 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Being kicked off the team is probably the least of his troubles.. He’s looking at major jail if not prison time. Missing court date is a class d felony!

• DCS195
      5:23 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

He’s got a ready made excuse, Rick wouldn’t let him out of practice. REALLY since non of this is important anyway. Right??

• Daniel
      8:30 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

The Story is about Failing to appear in Court… Just Call me stupid If it’s not

3. Laker Cat 18
    4:36 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

50 mph over the speed limit? I’d have my license terminated and cut up on the spot if I had done that.

• stubbs
      5:17 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

It was only so much over because of the construction zone. Normal limit for that area was probably 65 or 70 (still speeding pretty bad, but a little more understandable. I see people driving 90+ on the interstate regularly.).

• Laker Cat 18
      5:37 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Very true. I go 90+ myself on the interstate all the time. However, if you’re Kevin Ware, you have to be smarter than that. You’re in the spotlight.

4. The Rock
    4:37 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

At what point does Ware stir up enough smoke that Pitino realizes there’s probably a fire somewhere in there? He’s either dumb or ignorant, or both.

• CatGrad7072
      5:06 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

That point would be never. Jurich has the local media in his pocket.

5. rick
    4:37 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Rick’s players can do any thing they want. He has no right to punish them after what he has done. I don’t get these guys , i see nothing wrong with going out and having a few beers and some fun but get some one to drive you. With the money we pay them they can afford drivers.

6. RealCatsFan
    4:39 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Cops can make a physical arrest for speeds of 25 mph over the limit. Don’t they issue a bench warrant if you skip out on your court date? I sense an “indefinite suspension” coming from Ricky Pee and Daddy Jurich. Kind of surprised Jurich was not able to squelch the local media from releasing this information.

• KentuckyFanInBellCounty
      5:11 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

The new House Bill 463 say you can’t arrest for a traffic violation, criminal violation, or misdemeanor unless it is violent in nature, the defendant is disorderly and possible danger to themselves or others. Sounds like Ware was polite with the officer, the officer would have probably gotten in trouble for arresting him and would be wasting state money. The bench warrant being issued depends on the Judge, the Judge may just push it out and the courts mail him a new court date and the option to pay the fine, since traffic violations come with preset fine amounts.

7. UKmachoman
    4:40 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

MSRP for a well equipped 13 Dodge Challenger $31,995.00

• DCS195
      5:00 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Not quite a New York jewelry amount, but close enough.

8. Smoking Gun
    4:41 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

And lost amidst all of this is the fact that a college kid is driving around in a 2013 Challenger. Wonder who the car is titled to? Another P.J. Hairston situation? It will probably get swept under the rug just like at UNC.

9. gottodoit
    4:41 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

This part of Pitino’s quote surely isn’t true: “. . . I’m not concerned. I’m concerned about…obviously, I don’t want anybody speeding, I don’t want anybody getting parking tickets . . . I’m sure you’re concerned about it, I’m not.”

Speeding is a potentially lethal breach of the law – especially in a work zone. Parking violations are stationary offenses. One is NOT equal to the other. If you have loved ones who work in a congested zone you know they have to put up with careless drivers daily. And their lives are at risk because of it.

I just can’t figure the man out. But he does win basketball games.

• Yep
      4:43 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

There was a well-publicized incident several years ago of a man who was test driving the same make and model car on Fern Valley Rd at similar speeds, and he T-boned an innocent party in another car and killed them. I believe he served time on a manslaughter charge.

• AshleyLowery
      4:44 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

I hear DUI is also a potentially lethal breach of the law.

10. Charlie Waite
    4:41 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Oooohhhh, Work Zone too…..Double Fines!!!!!

11. Sammydog
    4:41 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

No biggie as it doesn’t involve their 4 core values. There were no weapons and no women were hit.

• Stan
      4:49 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

HA Ha Ha…made my day,thanks!

12. SSCatfan
    4:43 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

L1C40~over

• jimbob
      4:52 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

40 over is better than 40-0.com at least.

13. Tennessee Wildcat
    4:45 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Will someone please investigate the 2013 Dodge Challenger Ware was driving, why he was driving it, and who owns it, please?

14. Sam Swope
    4:45 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

I had no Ideal Kevin would speed in a car that I loaned him. Clint Hurt said it would be fine!

• Idea
      6:45 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

You have no ideal??? Really. Try reviewing 1st grade English.

15. Riggo
    4:46 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Walking a lot?…..On that week ass leg?……I don’t think so.

• SheedWallace'sGraySpot
      5:02 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

I actually just LOL’d!

16. UKmachoman
    4:47 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

In Kevins defense his pedal leg gets a little stiff

17. ChicagoCat
    4:47 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

My favorite part is where Ricky P compares reckless driving (50 mph over in a construction zone) and automatic court dates with parking tickets

18. UKmachoman
    4:50 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Ware blew through that construction zone faster than Pitino’s pants at Porcini’s

19. Miss Nomer
    4:50 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Pitino’s comment is ridiculous. I’d be pissed if Calipari said that about a UK player doing something like that.

20. DB11
    4:51 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Get over the leg thing and anyone can see the kid is a typical thug. Clearly has issues with authority and if it weren’t for UL’s win at all costs attitude he’d be gone. UL is a joke and it’s standards are nonexistent.

• jimbob
      4:56 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

speeding = thug. cool.

• DCS195
      5:15 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Actually, I hate the injury for the kid. Having said that, once he fails to come back with the physical ability to perform at his prior level, RP will show him the door. Remember the kid that went to Northwestern to further his education (and finish his basketball eligibility).

• Chean Bahunen
      5:26 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

ha kevin ain no thug i no a thug wen i c 1 an kevan ain no thug
      im a thug u don wan thut lyfe.

21. gottodoit
    4:51 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

To Ashley Lowery who wrote: “I hear DUI is also a potentially lethal breach of the law.”

YES IT IS. DUI IS A POTENTIALLY LETHAL BREACH OF THE LAW!!!!!

• AshleyLowery
      4:56 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know how Stoops does it… but… he does lose football games even with players that get DUIs like me.

22. DHo
    4:54 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

I think they should hold him fully accountable… UL style.
    Kick him off the team, plus an indefinite suspension and then let him back on the team….. all in the same day.

• RealCatsFan
      4:58 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Yep, and he would be reinstated around Dec 27th.

23. Coach
    4:54 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Find out how and why he was driving such a nice car. We could really open up something here if we pull together our resources.

24. ChicagoCat
    4:56 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

On a more serious note, I’m not really sold that Ware should miss time for this or anything, unless he continues to shirk his legal obligations. I’m very “meh” on this portion. But Pitino’s comments are atrocious in downplaying the severity of driving 95 mph in a construction zone to the level of parking tickets and lunch passes.

• PhilUK18
      5:07 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

The bigger issue to me is how he can afford a car that costs over $30,000 well equipped. Smells like booster money to me.

• DCS195
      5:18 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

He wasn’t aware that the police in Barren County would know how to find him.

25. RealCatsFan
    5:06 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Well, the citation lists his address as Conyer’s, GA, his hometown, but the car had KY plates, 426 PKP. Someone will look this plate number up, and I wonder what will get stirred up when it is revealed that the car was leased by someone with ties to the program? Wonder what that cop could have found if he had decided to do a search of the vehicle?

Hey, I’m glad evin healed up OK from that horrific injury, but things are coming to light that don’t exactly paint him as an all-American choir boy.

• jimbob
      5:11 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Wonder wonder wonder. It’s so useful.

• DH
      5:17 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

As much as I hate to say it, MOST 18-25 year olds aren’t all-American choir boys. It’s not just Ware. Kids do dumb things. Not to condone what he did, because he could have seriously hurt someone, but I assure you he’s not the only kid out there speeding. That being said, he should be punished the same way all of us would have been punished for going double the speed limit and skipping a mandatory court date. And I agree with other posters, if his parents aren’t well off, I wonder how he’s able to afford that car.

26. IDK
    5:14 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Do they loan out cars to players who hardly see the Bball court? So, why the perks for a bench sitter?

• Blue Jesus
      5:55 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Well he may be the most recognizable college basketball player in America.

27. Trey
    5:16 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

1. Why wouldn’t he be driving a Challenger 95 MPH?
    2. $32K is not a crazy payment when financed over 72 months. It’s not against NCAA rules to have credit.
    3. Who cares?

• UKSupporter76
      5:22 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

It’s not a crazy payment if you finance it over 72 months (but what variety of idiot would do that is a different discussion) but getting a loan for 32k with no job and likely no credit history is a little odd.

• PhilUK18
      5:23 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

People without jobs can’t usually get that kind of credit…

• Stupid is as stupid does
      5:26 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Any idiot that finances a car over 72 months shouldn’t be allowed to drive.

• stubbs
      5:32 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Maybe he has a job, who knows.

Also I’ve been wondering, with all this car stuff coming up (mostly re: UNC) – If an athlete has a buddy (who, let’s assume is a student) with a nice car, can he let him borrow it? I suspect that happens pretty regularly – high-profile athletes probably get all kinds of favors from rich students who they make friends with.

• But...
      5:38 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Stubbs, if he has a job that could potentially be an NCAA violation as well. They’re very strict about players earning money, and one of the requirements is they can’t make more than $2,000 (I think) from any off campus job in an academic year. I’m not sure what the exact wording is, but there is an earnings cap from outside jobs of $2k

28. CatGrad7072
    5:18 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

all-American choir boy by most standards, no!

all-American choir boy by Card standards, LYes!

29. Now Wouldn't THAT be Funny?
    5:19 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

If all of this blows up and it is revealed that a booster has been providing free wheels to Ware and other UofL players, and they get to vacate last year’s championship. Hell, they would lose the FF from the year before too. Doubt if it would happen though – Warbucks is has too much clout with the local media. Not like they have a Lexington Herald Leader snooping around over there.

• Glass houses
      5:21 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

“Vacate”. Hmmm, where have I heard that word before and who was it associated with?

• moosem102
      5:38 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

I believe it was pitino and him forcing his girlfriend to “vacate” there unborn child.

• Glass houses
      8:59 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Oh, so close but no. The correct answer is “what has happened to 50% of John calipari’s final four trips”. I’d tell you what you won but, you’re a loser…

30. Bizarro World
    5:19 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

His speedometer was hacked

31. Glass houses
    5:20 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

As always KSR – thank you for your unwavering interest in Louisville athletics…

32. Bizarro Worlds
    5:20 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

His speedometer was hacked

• UKSupporter76
      5:23 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Well played.

33. Bizarro Worlds
    5:22 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

BTW- i know the exact spot he was driving & it’s a 55 MPH zone

34. For added fun ....
    5:23 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

….Google Street View his home address from the citation and let your imaginations run wild …..

• UKSupporter76
      5:28 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Well, if he came from a well-off family, that would at least explain the challenger. If that house was from a recent unexplained windfall then I’d be a little curious. (But I doubt it is)

• Sam the Engineer
      5:36 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

It does look like Kevin has the nicest ride of anything parked in the driveway … Is that woman letting the kid out like she would a dog?

• 44 Stitches
      5:46 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

I live in Georgia. Rockdale Co where Ware’s from is a dump.

35. UKSupporter76
    5:25 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

In response to someone on cardchron asking about the challenger, one poster had this to say… “chill. a few of them drive it. not his.”

I wonder if that’s what UNC fans said about PJ’s Tahoe and Camaro.

• Chean Bahunen
      5:32 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

in al honusty thats probly how it wurks like most skools hav rich peopls thut own meny carz an lut the plaiers keip thum parkd by there dormz an “borow” keys for lyke skool yaers at a tyme.

36. NewDay Co-Op
    5:25 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Ricky 3Stacks sure does have a hard time answering questions when they aren’t pre-approved by Tommy Turtleneck

• andre benjamin aka andre 3k aka 3 stacks
      5:59 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Please
      Don’t sully my name by comparing to these
      Lames who’s game be coming in 10-15
      Seconds or years depending on coach or player
      Pants descending like morals of tom j or
      Maybe this kid ain’t really that poor
      Maybe he sell a rock to get the charger 4 door
      IRS knocking on door
      Baby mama still waitin for more
      Hair brush still layin on floor
      Finally vacatin them finals my rivals be like “lc14”

And you can quote that

37. Wild Blue
    5:28 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Wonder if Ware was headed to Bowling Green to pick up Behanan at the strip club there?

• Chean Bahunen
      5:33 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

he aktualy wuz lul howd u no

38. ProspectMike
    5:30 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

For not having any knowledge of it beforehand, Pitino sure had a lot of excuses immediately available. If he had no knowledge, he would have said he would have to look into it and get back with the press when he had answers.

39. I don't pop Molly, I rock Rob Ford
    5:30 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Does thamel toe have a hard on for ul like he does for UK? Maybe someone could drop him a tweet with the link.

40. ukcatncarolina
    5:35 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Well I guess Adam Lefkoe will be getting his UofL media credentials revoked soon. Will be interesting to see who the car is registered to, but I seriously doubt anything comes of it.

41. hooters
    5:38 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Ulofvel fans are so stupid. I bet if a student athlete lol robbed a convenient store with a automatic pistol they would find a way too defend him. What? You mean that did really happen?lol

42. The anti cat
    5:42 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

However, on the good side he did have his pants on and there was no sign of hazing so he has that going for him.

• PhilUK18
      5:46 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

You Card Tards love going on and on about that. I take it you saw something you liked there in that video? Kind of weird, but to each their own I suppose.

• Glass houses
      9:03 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

I liked Ant being able to express his true self. They said Jason Collins was going to pave the way for an openly gay, active nba player, and by golly they were right.

43. KnowYourHistory
    5:43 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

NCAA limits how much money athletes can earn from jobs. 15 years ago, it was around $3000 for the summer.

• stubbs
      5:52 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Looks like the income limit is $2000 per semester, subject to a lot of other restrictions. Summer and vacation jobs are not limited, but are subject to various restrictions.

44. TheBigToe
    5:46 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Daaad, SLOW DOWN! You kinda were speeding!

45. Skip
    5:47 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Man, things have sure changed since I was in college. No way I could afford a brand new challenger when I was a junior or senior. College kids these days have it so easy. Go to school, get a $30,000+ car. No wonder they’re in so much debt.

46. Bmac
    5:50 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

“I was not aware and that is his business. That has nothing to do with basketball…” He wasn’t kidding when he said he runs a Louisville first program.

47. Ididntdoit
    5:52 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

I’m sure it will be covered up like he never did it, and never miss a game

48. Beavis
    5:52 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Hey,,,,glasshouses,,,,thanks for visiting KSR and your interest in UK athletics . Since Pitino set such high moral standards , Ware was just following his example even if it did take him more than 15 seconds to blow through the construction zone.

• Glass houses
      9:05 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Whadda talking about? I come here for the UofL articles – there are more here than almost anywhere else!

49. Ware's Family Probably Didn't Buy the Car
    5:56 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Some have suggested that Ware’s family bought him the car. While possible, it’s not likely. Ware’s address on the license is a rent house that rents for $1,350 a month. http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/440-Overlook-Turn-Conyers-GA-30012/62772465_zpid/ It’s owned by Oliver Taylor, not Lisa Junior or Kevin Ware, Sr. (Ware’s parents). http://qpublic7.qpublic.net/ga_display.php?county=ga_rockdale&KEY=057B010227. Of course, Ware’s parents could have financed/leased the car for Kevin as a belated national championship gift. But I think that’s unlikely since it appears his family is not wealthy.

As an aside, Ware’s bio says that what impresses him the most about Coach Pitino is Pitino’s character. That’s a good one!

50. Shawn
    6:03 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

1. Article does say 55. Which means 40 over. Anything over 20 and It can be considered reckless and you can have your license jerked on the spot and booked Into jail. It Is left up the officers discretion. Now that he skipped his court date, It Is likely he will have a bench warrant our for his arrest.

2. Obviously Pitino Is worried about citations but not the loss of life due to a reckless decision. But hey, we already knew that about him.

3. I wonder If hes worried how his sob story got a hold of a brand new Challenger.

51. Mack
    6:06 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Needs to answer how he got the 2013 Dodge Challenger but at least he didn’t as far as we know toss out a gun, but that would be OK next year in the acc. Pitino is going to talk to him about a speeding ticket!

52. Shawn
    6:07 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

No bank will finance a car for more than 36-48 months now even with good credit and a down payment. Its not like Ware can borrow against his draft potential like Lebron and his mother did when he was a Sr. In high school because Ware has no draft potential In this country.

• mark son
      6:37 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

hey-i sell cars every day financed for 72 months or longer. come see me if you need a car. very few cars are financed for only 36-48 months.

53. cat man do
    6:07 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

#36 greatest. Reply. Ever.

54. Linda Taylor
    6:15 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio 22m
    The owner of the Kevin Ware car used in speeding is @MrMattCase and his mother. Case is co-owner of Eventris and the JWagner Group.

• Nevin Shapiro
      8:19 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Big deal. Case is small time. If you want a renegade booster, I’m your guy.

55. Lexington 3
    6:25 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Math Question for Louisville high school kids: If an automobile is travelling 95mph in a 55mph work zone, how far will it have moved forward in 15 seconds?

• RealCatsFan
      9:04 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

LMFAO!! Lexington 3 for the win! Just change Louisville high school kids to Louisville College kids.

56. ushouldno
    6:29 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

As long as Chane and Kevin continue to go to A-A meetings to control their thirst they will be just fine.
    Once upon a time Sam Bowie got stopped on 1-64 doing 80+, he was let go but the Woodford county deputy followed him all the way to his apt.

57. kramer
    6:35 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

You know we have all done stuff probably like he did, however, he did break the law not showing up in court. The afternoon underdogs were making fun of UK fans,making fun of Kevin Ware, and saying we are making a big deal out of nothing. Well if it was a UK player they’d be all over making fun of UK and saying Cal’s a cheater. UL fans need to realize that Kevin Ware may not be the “sweetheart” they have built him up to be….

58. hooters
    6:39 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Last time cards went on probation it was about a boosters car. Does history repeat itself? Naw its Louisville

59. BBN
    6:44 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

I am a huge cats fan, but don’t see this as a story to post on KSE. Lowery had similar issues. As Coach Stoops said with him, it should be up to the courts and judge to decide his fate, and then the coach can decide the punishment. If they issue an arrest warrant, then it becomes a story. If they arrested every 18-22 year old for stupid judgement, we would have all been locked up. All these posts do is stir up animosity between the two fan bases – lets leave the talking for 12/28 – GO BIG BLUE!

60. matt case
    6:45 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Mama! I told the stupid asshole not to take the car out of Jefferson county

61. bob
    6:53 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

LOL…that Charger would look like a Yugo compared to the cars in Wildcat..Coal..or whatever you call it now…lodge

• Isaac in Louisville
      7:29 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

THEY HAVE CARS IN THE LODGE!?

62. CATSCATSCATS
    6:56 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Work zone, not a work zone, 95 in a 45, 95 in a 75…it doesn’t matter. The kid missed his court date that’s what kills me. Missing an exam is one thing, but failing to show up in court is a whole new ball game.

63. Been There Before
    6:59 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

If he missed court and hasn’t made arrangements to the contrary, that means he’s currently driving on a suspended license.

64. Kennedy
    7:04 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

I can’t believe ya’ll are talking about this during the anniversary week of the Kennedy assassination.

65. bluemanchew
    7:25 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

after further investigation owner of the car is a sports agent and the lewisville media is mad that this hasnt died down yet

66. truth about uofl
    7:29 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

#L1C4 stands for liars first, criminals forever.

• FirstKentuckyFanWithAGED
      9:32 am November 19, 2013 Permalink

You do realize University of Kentucky has players that have commited crimes as well, Hell UK even has a child molester that banged some underage girls at church. He admited to it too.

Speeding or child molester?

67. doubleudoubleudoubleudot
    7:40 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

This is the same Kevin Ware who said all those nice things about Anthony Davis? Man, this kid has burned through all of his goodwill and well wishes faster than greased lightning.

68. Elwon Seafore
    8:00 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

I bet Ryan Lemond can figure out how many seconds it would have taken that Challenger to travel 2,080 feet at that speed.

69. Jeff-n-Knoxville
    8:03 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Please don’t kick him off the team… I don’t want to hear their excuses when the Cats stomp their rick in the dirt….

70. WHO CARES???????
    8:06 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Matt’s OBSESSION with Louisville just amazes me….. Lil bro? Hahahahahahahahahahaha

• idontflinch
      8:36 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

You’re obsession with visiting KSR, reading about UK athletics and posting comments on a site devoted to UK athletics is even more amazing… And, yes, definitely lil bro.

• idontflinch
      8:45 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

*Your… Normally that would ruin my entire comment, but I made such a good point that it doesn’t matter. Duh Ville’s fans’ obsession with KSR really is something to behold.

• Glass houses
      9:13 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

@idiotflinches – I’ve got news for you genius – there are more Louisville stories on this site than almost anywhere else. Certainly more than there are stories about uk football victories.

71. kevin ware
    8:15 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

This little speeding ticket is nothin compared to what I did with my NCAA National Championship ring… If the truth gets out, I’m screwed!

• L1C4
      8:25 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Why would you comment on here? Someone might see it and you could be in trouble, ugh!!!!

• Kevin Ware
      11:11 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

My KSR account was hacked!!

72. NJT
    8:24 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

This does not bode well for Kentucky. If a Louisville guard can go 50 m.p.h. faster than everyone else in a car then we can only assume he can go 25 m.p.h. faster than anyone else on foot. Good luck guarding a 40 m.p.h. 2 guard Aaron Harrison.

73. Jatt Monez
    8:44 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

What a terrible person Ware is for speeding and missing court! He needs to follow UK players examples and molest kids and stomp on homeless people instead!

• Belinda Taylor
      12:14 am November 19, 2013 Permalink

You are such a stupid butt-dumpling…the difference is those examples you cite were not committed by UK players…they were committed by FORMER UK players. Once a player leaves UK, we have no control over their actions yet the players can do whatever they want over at Loserville aka THUG-U.

74. red headed step child
    9:02 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Does any one know if Ware was heading to New Orleans? Seemed to be in a hurry. AD may want to hire some security.

75. hooter
    9:04 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Jatt get your story right. These were allegations against former players. They were out of school unlike the thugs still enrolled at the ville.

• Glass houses
      9:16 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

And now we see the genius that is Cal’s one and done strategy.

76. Come on
    9:10 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

All I know is what I read the papers and Ware’s name keeps popping up.
    A Louisville fan posted that Ware and Behanan (sp?) had to do charity work
    In Owensboro as punishment for some rule violation. Odd association of charity
    And punishment. Why No charity in Louisville?
    Then the threats made to A. Davis . Odd, to successfully hack an account
    then just threaten one person and not reek havoc is inconsistent
    With the hackers skill.
    90 mph in a construction zone with all the warnings signs and people
    In striking distance the no show in court , well not looking for things about
    Ware he just seems to be out there

77. coyotevomit
    11:08 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

When asked about the latest Pitino/UL/Kevin Ware mishap, Pitino borrows a quote from the previous Secretary of State : WHAAAAAAAT DIFERENCE DOES IT MAAAAAAAAAKE???!!!

78. Dee W.
    11:22 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Looks like he got his attorney per the article to contact the judge an smooth things over, but Pitino not being concerned about a player having a bench warrant issued for his arrest is really irresponsible. And 50 mph over is not just an ordinary speeding ticket…

79. ikeeveready
    11:31 pm November 18, 2013 Permalink

Pulled over in a construction zone, 40+ over, 11:00 at night, in a car borrowed from a friend who happens to work for a couple of “event” companies one of which, the JWagner Group, states on their website they plan events for University of Louisville Athletics and promotes the UofL Alumni Association as a client on their client list. Smells like a violation.

If Papa John, David Jones, or Sonny Vaccarro let him borrow the car as a “friend” wouldn’t it be a violation?

Did anyone think Pitino would actually do anything to him?

80. Average Loserville Fan
    1:08 am November 19, 2013 Permalink

Louisville does no wrong. Clean program.

81. Beavis
    6:49 am November 19, 2013 Permalink

Glasshouses,,,,,in case you Louisville fans have not noticed there are other programs recruiting the one and done players,,,,Kansas and Duke to name two. How often do you troll their websites ? No,,,did not think so. Your jealously of UK is evident . Have a nice day.

• Glass houses
      8:46 am November 19, 2013 Permalink

You do realize there is a way to reply to the actual post – don’t you? You have aptly named yourself, as you simply seem incapable of understanding my comment. On the one hand uk fans fiercely embrace each crop of 1 & dones as part of the “bbn tradition” but as soon as those players leave and start stomping homeless people or molesting children – it’s all “former player – former player”! It’s funny is all I’m saying. Jealousy? Nope – I come here for the laughs and the never ending supply of Louisville based articles. The minute that the Kansas and Duke websites start devoting as much space to Louisville as KSR does, I’ll visit them as well.

82. Calgary drivers education
    12:46 pm November 20, 2013 Permalink

If he looses his license than he will have to pay attention to crazy drivers so he doesn’t get hit while walking

83. JoeTurkey600
    3:14 pm November 21, 2013 Permalink

Facts of this case is that Matt Jones’s best friend and college roommate Gabe Pendelton is an assistant county attorney in the barren county attorney’s office. Pendelton while in court on Monday and working for the folks of barren county texted Matt Jones the info on Ware and the owner of the vehicle. Pendelton was unethical in doing this and also broke the law by providing personal info on the cars owner. The case on Ware is still an open case and Pendelton provided info for Jones to use on his show. Jones even broadcast that the judge in the case was a cardinal fan. Check it out this is the TRUE STORY. Ware is gulity of speeding but not guilty of being Pendelton and Jones’s pawn.