Kerry Blackshear Jr. is in Lexington for his official visit

© Jason Getz | USATSI

© Jason Getz | USATSI

It took a little longer than expected, but KSR can confirm that Kerry Blackshear Jr. has touched down in Lexington for his official visit to the University of Kentucky.

The most important recruit on Kentucky’s recruiting board is in town with his dad and they are currently visiting with John Calipari, Kenny Payne and Tony Barbee to kick off the trip. Things are just getting going due to a late evening arrival, but excitement is high on both sides and there is a lot to discuss.

The hope, obviously, is to get a commitment before he leaves town so he can join this team as soon as possible and get things rolling towards a national championship.

Stay tuned for more. Tomorrow could be big.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

18 Comments for Kerry Blackshear Jr. is in Lexington for his official visit

1. a21CATSfan
    10:49 pm June 18, 2019 Permalink

I think all of the back-and-forth with Kentucky when he first announced was just a smoke screen. And the delayed visit, as well. Even if he commits tonight or tomorrow, it may not go public. I do still believe he will go to College Station to give his old coach a courtesy visit, at least. Please don’t screw this up Tony Barbee. CATS

• Boman2112
      12:12 am June 19, 2019 Permalink

This kid knows where he’s going already. Barber has nothing to do with it. Why the smear? That’s not BBN! Get some class or go to one, but I always want to stand in front of someone who wants to smear me! Coward keyboard warrior! Must be a Looserville fan!

• herm89
      1:54 am June 19, 2019 Permalink

Found tony barbees burner account

• KentuckyFan232
      2:53 am June 19, 2019 Permalink

Not a Kentucky fan

• KentuckyFan232
      2:53 am June 19, 2019 Permalink

Not a Kentucky fan

2. Urincatland
    3:57 am June 19, 2019 Permalink

Come on Mr. Blackshear, sign on that line and bring home #9… Go Cats!

3. Cletis75
    8:02 am June 19, 2019 Permalink

I think he’s leaning UK, but why not take allotted visits and see your options? I believe that if Cal can show him a structured plan for his talents and goals he wants him to reach, the ink will be dry today.

4. UKinmyblood
    8:14 am June 19, 2019 Permalink

We are so blessed to have individuals on this board capable of reading the minds of individuals they’ve never met and reporting these deeply concealed thoughts to us. So appreciated.

• jasonclark1984
      8:56 am June 19, 2019 Permalink

I ain’t reading minds I’m just reading all the reports that are saying the most important fact of choosing a new team is one that has the best chances of winning a title. Playing time will not be a factor for him he will start on any team in the nation. So it’s uk or msu and I ain’t heard much about MSU. I don’t think playing in front of family is a big deal if anything it really don’t hurt uk cause they play 4-5 teams that are within driving distance of his home. And the loyalty to his old coach outside of that a&m don’t offer a lot of benefits to him. He is going to uk I think he is just playing the field

5. IrishCat
    10:58 am June 19, 2019 Permalink

Bring him home coach!!

6. TOMCATS1990
    11:31 am June 19, 2019 Permalink

Would love to get him here kid can play and really not sure why he wouldn’t get drafted this year but he would make us the favorite to win #9

• chardun20
      5:44 pm June 19, 2019 Permalink

Blackshear mostly plays below the rim. He’s taller than Reid, a better outside shooter, but not much more athletic.

7. bbn606
    11:54 am June 19, 2019 Permalink

UT rolled out the red carpet with a crowd to meet him at the airport. He may end up there where he feels he would be more appreciated. His visit here seems to have been very quiet.

• AirForceOne
      12:06 pm June 19, 2019 Permalink

Seems to have been very quiet? He just got here last night…..he is still here!

• kentuckybackupplayer
      12:21 pm June 19, 2019 Permalink

I am going to stand outside of Cal’s office with a boom box with crowd noise cranked up high for Blackshear if you think that will help. I am sure all the stuff Cal is going to show him will not have an impact.

• ClutchCargo
      1:49 pm June 19, 2019 Permalink

The band probably played Rocky Top every 5 minutes, which I’m sure was the deciding factor in signing with them. Oh, wait…

8. chardun20
    1:00 pm June 19, 2019 Permalink

I’d like UK to get Blackshear, but it really doesn’t matter to me if he chooses someone else. Like Reid Travis, most people assume Blackshear will put up the same numbers he did at VT.

9. michaelb
    4:08 pm June 19, 2019 Permalink

At least the picture of blackshear is different this time