Kentucky’s new football helmets are beautiful

UK Football Poster

I’ve been trying to save the Women’s Clinic news for Tyler, but I couldn’t resist this one. WKYT’s Steve Moss tweeted this from the clinic and I am in love:

We will look for better pictures and update it later.

Make sure to follow Mrs. Tyler on Twitter. She is also posting some great videos and periscoping live from the event.

@Hessler_KSR

Article written by Courtney Hessler

Ashley Judd is my spirit animal. Follow me on twitter at: @Hessler_KSR

27 Comments for Kentucky’s new football helmets are beautiful

1. UK Grad 81
    12:35 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

Your in love with this helmet? Looks pretty bland to me am I missing something??

• Courtney Hessler
      12:46 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

the chrome?

• Ukjaybrat
      9:12 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

Apparently you need a helmet… A “special” helmet… Bc that is bad ass!!!

2. JayDubs
    12:52 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

Clean is the new black. Matte white finish with chrome emblem and facemask is about as clean as it gets. These look GREAT.

3. claiborne_field
    12:57 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

Pretty nice… but wait. Something seems to be missing. Oh, wait, I know what it is- blue.

4. claiborne_field
    12:58 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

And I’m a little confused- do we have a new logo or not. My hope is not.

5. fatbrat
    1:14 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

The only thing new about that helmet is the facemask. I don’t care for this look at all.

6. Stevem
    1:14 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

Go Big Grey!

7. Angelo
    1:16 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

White matte… Bland and boring… That is as exciting as a paper towel. I have never seen that used on a helmet before. That will not impress young recruits. Go back to that chrome helmit we used last year.

• Angelo
      1:23 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

And the gray face mask. White chinstrap. What about color contrast? Boring, boring, boring.

• KYWILDCATGRL4
      6:27 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

CHROME CHROME CHROME
      Love the CHROME

8. etr
    1:34 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

Chrome for me please!!!!

9. RU Sirius
    1:43 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

I’d like some of whatever you’re smoking, because that helmet looks like a freakin’ Walmart Sports Department sale item. I’m embarrassed for us.

10. Kyblue34
    2:05 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

Blah………where is the blue?

11. Jake
    2:14 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

I’m assuming those of you who don’t like this really like the steelers and packers throw back jerseys. Coming from a 19 year old this is a slick combination and would look awesome for away games so stop complaining there’s no blue trust me there will be blue somewhere in the jerseys

12. RU Sirius
    2:21 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

Dear Jake, You have made our point beautifully. 19 yo’s think they know everything, but haven’t even been on the planet long enough to HAVE an educated opinion. Have some more Fruit Loops bud. Come back in 10 years when you know a little bit about graphic design. If you ever know anything about graphic design.
    Signed,
    Yo Momma (Who doesn’t like the Steelers or Packers ANYTHING.)

• Jake
      2:38 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

This has nothing to do with graphic design. And I never said I knew everything you just assumed that but these are nice helmets. You do realize you don’t need an educated opinion to say if something looks good or not right? You don’t go to school for that. If you really don’t like the way the program is going with different jerseys and the use of neutral colors mixed with the school colors then just don’t watch it’s really that simple. A lot of people work to make sure our guys look good going onto the field and I bet they know more about graphic design than you

Sincerely,
      The up and coming generation

• Bret
      4:36 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

Dear RU Sirius (sp),

You highlight a generation gap and the different mindset that would cause us to fail. I hate to break it to you, but 40 year olds don’t play football for UK. The very teenagers that you put down with your insult are the ones we are trying to recruit and build a program around. Not sure what sport you are cheering for if you rely on middle-aged players who think like you.

Please don’t demean those younger than you and paint with such a broad brush when apply stereotypes.

Thanks!

Signed a Rational Fan

• Tampa Satchel
      8:54 am July 26, 2015 Permalink

I’m with Jake and Bret. I’m 43. Am I old enough to know something and not be denigrated for it?

13. gobigblue37
    2:49 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

I would prefer a blue chrome mask for this helmet but with the Cats in all blue uni this helmet might be very sharp!

14. UK Grad 81
    5:23 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

Dear Bret yes we should not judge the young people but sometimes it’s hard to see the trees for the tattoos!

15. Dude
    5:56 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

Could you imagine how shitty our football team would be if these old, entitled posters on here were in charge of this stuff? Good lord.

16. cig107
    6:13 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

These will not be worn often, for those of you that hate it. Personally, I like this helmet, to be worn a couple times a season with an “ice” look…all grey, all white, white/grey/white, etc. For special occasions, road or away. Chill, these are cool.

17. jaws2
    6:41 pm July 25, 2015 Permalink

I REALLY don’t like these; on the other hand, I don’t care if we wear purple or lime green if we win games. Just win baby!!

18. Kyle
    12:22 am July 27, 2015 Permalink

Its a good thing that these helmets aren’t for all of the fans to wear. I love them, even though a pic of them came out a few months ago, still they’re awesome and the players love them. For people complaining about the matte white must have forgotten that its the same white helmet we wore all of last year just chrome logo and mask instead of chrome blue. Lets face it, in football we’re no Banana or LSU so tradition isn’t something we should be worried about. Our unis and lids are that outrageous likie Maryland or even the ugly atrocity that Louisville is wearing this year. Lets chill and let the kids west what they like and SUPPORT them.

19. Jungle Jim
    2:13 am July 28, 2015 Permalink

The logo will be invisible from just a few feet away. Kinda defeats the purpose of having it on there.