Kentucky teams up with six other states to coordinate reopening economy

Governor Beshear announced #TeamKentucky won’t be alone in figuring out when and how to reopen life once it is clear to reopen life again. He has teamed with governors from six other states, including Indiana and Ohio, to coordinate the process when it comes time. Tennessee is not on the team.

“This is making sure we are doing the right thing by our neighbors,” Beshear said in his Thursday update.

Beshear also announced four new testing sites across the state through our friends at Kroger. Those will be located in Madisonville, Paducah, Somerset and Pikeville, and will be open next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. You can get more information on the state’s COVID-19 website here.

As for the state’s tally, there are 159 new cases today, bringing the total up to 2,429.

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for Kentucky teams up with six other states to coordinate reopening economy

1. BlueBanker18
    7:02 pm April 16, 2020 Permalink

I’m so tired of this lockdown. I want my life back. This virus isn’t even that deadly. If you’re at risk, stay the hell home. Don’t punish the rest of us.

• Bluehender
      7:18 pm April 16, 2020 Permalink

We’re all tired of it. The fact is if you’re breathing you’re at risk. So you feel like you’re not at risk and you want to get out. The problem is you could pick up the virus and transmit it to someone who might not be able to handle it as well as you. Like your child. Or your parents or grandparents. Or your wife. Or your best friend. You have to think about the people around you who don’t want it or can’t handle it. Think about it..

• Bluehender
      7:21 pm April 16, 2020 Permalink

“Isn’t even that deadly.” Seriously?..

• BlueBanker18
      11:41 pm April 16, 2020 Permalink

Numbers don’t lie. Mortality rate is low, even lower when you factor in how many cases go untested due to mild or no symptoms.

• JASUN74
      11:41 pm April 16, 2020 Permalink

Amen Bluehender!! AMEN!! I just can’t for the life of me understand how people are thinking like that. Like you said , “ it may not kill me, but it could sure kill my parents or a little kid who just happened to want a hug, or a million others who may have something else wrong and could die from it. This isn’t just about us! It’s about everyone in the world who could die because we’re just tired of it. Hang in there BlueBanker18! We all know how you feel brother, but it’s dangerous at this time and it’s very serious.

2. bigblue98
    7:26 pm April 16, 2020 Permalink

Bluehender – You’re thinking way too logical in this day and age where people are only concerned about themselves. As you stated, deeply concerned about passing this onto the older generation, but don’t want to abandon them either as love them and know they need help. Seriously, thank you for being a voice of reason. Someday we will all be older and my hope is that the younger generation doesn’t abandon us then like some are wanting to do now.

3. Jesus H. Chrysler
    7:32 pm April 16, 2020 Permalink

The lockdown ain’t worth the economical destruction.

4. sprtphan
    7:43 pm April 16, 2020 Permalink

Our lives have been hijacked by the same bunch who says the planet will be uninhabitable in 5 years because of climate change.

5. truebluefootballfan
    8:01 pm April 16, 2020 Permalink

I would like to commend you that are complaining bc y’all must be the only ones in the state on a “lockdown”. As an essential working traffic is worse now than ever during the day and afternoon. It’s a fricking joke…. I’ll be glad when they let y’all go back to work too so I can get around to move equipment and get supplies

6. T-Town Cat
    9:34 pm April 16, 2020 Permalink

What are the other four states?

• catsby.5
      11:24 am April 17, 2020 Permalink

Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. I live in Chicago and this teaming up has been making the rounds in the news up here as well.

7. Shark
    10:13 pm April 16, 2020 Permalink

Dems want the economy to tank so they can control people by having them reliant on the government.

Not to mention the woman wanting Biden to have a shadow government, isn’t that treason and punished by death