Kentucky and Duke are hands down the most popular programs with elite basketball recruits these days, but trends in recruiting can change in the blink of an eye. That’s why it’s so comforting to see that Kentucky remains one of most coveted programs with the top recruits in the 2020 class. ESPN’s John Stovall visited the Fab Frosh Camp in Atlanta this past weekend, and profiled the five best players in the 2020 class; every single one of them listed Kentucky as one of their favorite schools.
- Jaemyn Brakefield, 6-7, 195 pounds, PF/WF, Jackson, Mississippi (Calloway)
Favorite schools: Duke, Cal, Georgetown, Kentucky and Ohio State
- Jaden Springer, 6-2, 170, WG, Charlotte, North Carolina (Undecided)
Favorite schools: Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Arizona and Kansas
- Dudley Blackwell, 6-5, 175, WF/WG, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida (Westminster Academy)
Favorite schools: Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Louisville and Florida State
- Anthony Thomas, 6-5, 170, WF/WG, Baltimore (St. Frances)
Favorite schools: North Carolina, Loyola (Maryland), Kentucky, Maryland and Georgetown
- Ladamien Bradford, 6-3, 170, WG, Jonesboro, Louisiana (Hodge)
Favorite schools: Florida State, Duke, Kentucky and Kansas
Calipari’s record of putting players in the pros has a lot to do with that, but you know what would help even more? Another national championship (or two…or three).
To get a very early head start on scouting the 2020 class, head on over to ESPN to read profiles of each player.