Kentucky offers another 2019 guard that could reclassify

Photo: Jon Lopez/Nike, 247Sports

Photo: Jon Lopez/Nike, 247Sports

You know what Kentucky needs? Another 2019 guard that could reclassify. According to Andrew Slater, John Calipari and Kentucky have extended a scholarship offer to 2019 combo guard Jalen Lecque, who is considering making the jump to the 2018 class.

The five-star Lecque is one of the top guards in 2019 along with Ashton Hagans and Tyrese Maxey. Hagans is the only UK commit so far, but Maxey is expected to join him in that pledge this week. All three guards are considering reclassifying, with Lecque telling USA Today’s Jason Jordan he’s 50/50 on making the move.

“I want to go into a situation where I’ll be playing a lot as a freshman because I want to potentially be a one-and-done,” Lecque told USA Today. “If I don’t have that situation, I have no problem staying in my class.”

If Lecque is interested in Kentucky, that means he’s likely staying put in 2019; however, with Calipari collecting guards like Thanos did infinity stones, you never know.

Jalen Lecque
Guard | 6-4 | 175 lbs.
Bronx, NY | Christ School (NC)
AAU: Southern Stampede
ESPN No. 10 | 2 PG Top247 No. 10 | 2 CG
Rivals No. 13 | 2 PG 247 Comp. No. 12 | 2 CG

[mobile_ad]

17 Comments for Kentucky offers another 2019 guard that could reclassify

1. KYJelly
    9:34 am May 1, 2018 Permalink

That infinity stones line was so bad it was good

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      9:42 am May 1, 2018 Permalink

😉

• Sentient Third Eye
      9:45 am May 1, 2018 Permalink

Since you brought it up, why did Thanos even need the infinity stones? He could have caused half the population of the universe to die laughing at how silly he looked. Still, an entertaining movie as long as you don’t take it too seriously and don’t think about the plot holes.

2. Sentient Third Eye
    9:40 am May 1, 2018 Permalink

At this rate, next year’s team may make last year’s seem like old men.

3. bosch8184
    9:45 am May 1, 2018 Permalink

Reclassifying is BS. How many of you could have just decided to graduate a year early the summer of your junior year?

That said basketball wise for some of these guys a senior year of high school ball is just wasted time developmentally. 2 years with the training facilities, etc. at UK is much better than 1 year of HS + 1 year of college.

• Kernel Sanders
      10:44 am May 1, 2018 Permalink

A lot of kids are held back a year earlier in school. So reclassifying effectively puts them back into the class they belong with in the first place. Not sure about any of these UK targets, but that’s often the case. But the point remains…how do they accumulate enough credits to graduate unless they have been planning to reclassify all along?

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      12:19 pm May 1, 2018 Permalink

I believe Ashton Hagans is older than Kevin Knox…

• mm40
      3:06 pm May 1, 2018 Permalink

I graduated back in 1986 and if I was a college athlete, I could have reclassified because at the end of my junior I only needed 3 credits to graduate. I could have tested out of those 3 classes and went on to college after my junior year.

4. bosch8184
    9:46 am May 1, 2018 Permalink

Also pretty soon Cal is going to be signing 8th graders like Billy G. so he can get some 4-year guys.

5. Ez21
    9:47 am May 1, 2018 Permalink

The kid looks really athletic and unselfish as well but not 1 shot was taken outside of a 10 foot floater. I want my guards to be able to shoot it and have been saying that for yrs and not understanding why Cal wouldn’t recruit shooters. Glad he’s taking a different approach now.

6. MTSCHE3
    10:18 am May 1, 2018 Permalink

Cal has lost his mind. We could look like Auburn team from last year. Maybe not so much a bad thing…Although Cal probably knows something we don’t.

7. Kat4Life
    11:12 am May 1, 2018 Permalink

Cal has absolutely lost his mind.

• Cokely53
      12:22 pm May 1, 2018 Permalink

You’re just mad Louisville isn’t doing it

• Kat4Life
      1:35 pm May 1, 2018 Permalink

You must have me confused with someone else, I absolutely loathe Louisville. I’ve been a diehard Kentucky fan for five decades.

8. ScottGreene22
    11:30 am May 1, 2018 Permalink

Get them all CAL

9. FlatTopsAndBlockedShots
    11:51 am May 1, 2018 Permalink

If it’s a lot of playing time he wants then next season at UK probably isn’t it, if it’s the following year it may be more bountiful. Devin Booker only played 21.5 MPG and was a lottery pick.

10. Bobbum Man