Kentucky Loves Bud Light and Liquor that Isn’t Bourbon

Beer_Bud-Light_2

For those who enjoy a cocktail or two in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky, we got a big problem. According to BARTENDr, a social drinking app, bourbon isn’t the favorite liquor in Kentucky. No, that honor would go to Crown Royal and Jagermeister.

BARTENDr analyzed 700,000 drinkers across the country to come up with the preferred beer and liquor for each state. Bud Light, which Kentucky preferred, won the beer section having 33 states prefer it. The liquor section was won by whiskey, with 42 states saying either Fireball or Jack Daniels as the preference. At least Fireball in Kentucky would make sense since women in the state steal ambulances to go get some delicious cinnamon whiskey. The one state to have Jim Beam? Michigan!

There’s only one reasonable excuse for this. It’s that those guys with the linebeards, that wear a lot of red, while most likely not having jobs, rigged the votes. Pretty sure I found the culprits:

uofl-fans

Thanks a lot, Louisville.

Article written by Bobby Reagan

One time representative of UK at SEC 3v3 basketball championships. Northern Yankee living the Kentucky dream. Follow me @uklefty22

9 Comments for Kentucky Loves Bud Light and Liquor that Isn’t Bourbon

1. Kegstand
    5:22 pm July 9, 2015 Permalink

The app is incorrect. I am in the wine and spirits business in KY and neither of those spirits are anywhere near tops in this state. Do a little research next time.

2. Thomas
    5:25 pm July 9, 2015 Permalink

Gonna go out on a limb and say that an app does not have data that is reliable or replicable. Probably just a convenience sample.

3. Kegstand
    5:25 pm July 9, 2015 Permalink

Forgot to mention I live in Louisville and neither of those spirits are prevelant here.

4. kes
    5:31 pm July 9, 2015 Permalink

of course we do! we have a lot of white trash rednecks in our state

5. J-Dub421
    5:33 pm July 9, 2015 Permalink

These results are stupid as they only tally people who have this app. I’m willing to bet most people of legal drinking age don’t have the app, and 700,000 across the country is a pretty small sample size when there are over 300 million people in the US.

6. Ron Hatfield
    5:57 pm July 9, 2015 Permalink

I wouldn’t drink Crown Royal with your mouth.

7. Tomas
    7:46 pm July 9, 2015 Permalink

I can’t stop marveling at that picture. That is fantastic. Peak Louisville.

8. Ashlee Marston
    7:54 am July 10, 2015 Permalink

But they all look so stupid…..

9. therealbigjon
    9:45 am July 10, 2015 Permalink

I’d like to go ahead and apoligize on behalf of Western Kentucky. I live in the Owensboro area and to the people around here good bourbon is KT. Also they love bud light and Jager. But on the bright side I’m on a list to get Pappy Van Winkle every single year and I never miss out on special release bourbons. So, sorry guys.