Kentucky Listed in Top 5 For Four-Star Forward Lance Ware

Photo: Jon Lopez/Nike

Kentucky has been heating up on the recruiting trail and it’s only getting hotter after a four-star prospect hopped on Twitter Sunday night.

Lance Ware, a 6-foot-9 forward from Camden, New Jersey, announced his Top 5 colleges, which included Kentucky. Joining the Wildcats are Miami (FL), Providence, Ohio State, and Michigan.

Ware is labeled as the seventh-ranked power forward in 2020 and the 47th overall recruit.

KSR’s Jack Pilgrim recently said in his Insider Notes that both Cam’Ron Fletcher and Ware could commit “sooner rather than later”. Well, Flecther is here and it sounds like Ware might be on his way.

As of last week, Kentucky has been the trendy pick for Ware shortly after they offered him a scholarship and 24/7 Sports’ Crystal Ball picks the Cats across the board. He’s already scheduled four upcoming visits with the four other schools, according to Jake Weingarten of Stockrisers, and is working on scheduling a visit to Lexington.

The 2020 class could an absolute beast.

Article written by Zack Geoghegan

Covering all things NBA. Follow me on Twitter: @ZackGeoghegan

14 Comments for Kentucky Listed in Top 5 For Four-Star Forward Lance Ware

1. BLUEVADER
    9:34 pm August 4, 2019 Permalink

When is the THOR article coming? He is a much better get then WARE?

2. UKLugo
    11:56 pm August 4, 2019 Permalink

This may turn out to be a pretty important recruit in this class

3. Urincatland
    4:15 am August 5, 2019 Permalink

Come on down young man!

4. DelrayCat
    5:18 am August 5, 2019 Permalink

Sacha Killeya-Jones 2.0?

• Cletis75
      5:25 am August 5, 2019 Permalink

Maybe WCS 2.0, who knows? Maybe he is Lance Ware 1.0, and puts his own stamp on the program!

5. UKCatAttack
    8:27 am August 5, 2019 Permalink

Why are we recruiting such low rated players? No doubt we should be able to get the 47th best player in the class but we need Top 20 guys. I like the BJ Boston commit and I get taking a couple guys outside the Top 20 but we are celebrating these guys like they are the next coming of Anthony Davis.

• runningunnin.454
      9:33 am August 5, 2019 Permalink

The Times They Are A Changin. Next year’s class may be the last before the NBA drops the age to 18.
      The ADs and the Zions will be heading to the league after high school. Would not hurt to have some guys with a year’s experience, strength training, and coaching at the college level.

• Cletis75
      7:12 pm August 5, 2019 Permalink

Do you remember SGA or Tyler Herro? They were 4 stars when UK offered them. Trust the staff, they are following and evaluating these kids. They are also being recruited by some other big programs.

6. eyebleedblue
    9:12 am August 5, 2019 Permalink

Best guess would be that the staff is planning on needing an entirely new roster. Richards, EJ and Sestina all being gone would create a need for four bigs. Cats could easily land a couple 4 star bigs that wouldn’t influence 5 stars decisions.

7. KYjellyRoll
    9:34 am August 5, 2019 Permalink

Some of these 4 stars are diamonds in the rough and I trust the coaching staffs judgement on great guys on and off the court. Go Cats

8. IrishCat
    12:40 pm August 5, 2019 Permalink

I really really like the way this kid plays. Fletcher is a bigger question mark than him, imo, but I trust my coach, and I love my team!

• Lou
      12:49 pm August 5, 2019 Permalink

I saw him at the Donofrio Memorial Tournament in Conshohocken, PA, outside of Philly in April. He was accompanied by Pervis Ellison who, I am told, is mentoring him. Would Pervis encourage Lance to go to UK?

Help: I wanted to post a comment, but I can’t see how to do it. I can Reply, but don’t know how to write a Comment. Any advice?

• IrishCat
      3:03 pm August 5, 2019 Permalink

The website is a lil janky. Once you’ve clicked on a comment it usually won’t let you go back to a default comment. I always just exit the article, then open it again

9. VirginiaCat
    2:50 pm August 5, 2019 Permalink

Lou: As long as you are logged in, you can post a comment. Just impart your wisdom under “comment” and hit “post.” When you “reply,” you are essentially posting a comment on a particular thread. Those who are tech savvy can probably be more helpful and correct me if I have misrepresented the process. Good luck.