Kentucky is the favorite for a Four-Star Defensive End

Anele with Josh Allen at that infamous unofficial visit, via @coachtunsil.

@coachtunsil

Kentucky is in great shape for one of the nation’s top pass rushers.

Samuel Anaele first committed to Miami 18 months ago. Throughout the Hurricanes’ coaching change, the elite recruit kept his pledge to his hometown team. Even so, he visited other schools.

Anaele followed up an unofficial visit to Lexington in the spring with an official visit to Kentucky in June. From the outset, UK appeared to gain momentum following the visits without any significant change in his status, until last week.

Sunday afternoon at The Opening Finals Anaele told 247 Sports he decommitted from Miami last Thursday. The Canes’ 12th decommitment in the 2020 class, Anaele said he will still consider Miami.

Shortly after the news broke, most recruiting prognosticators predicted Kentucky would be the ultimate landing spot for Anaele. Auburn will also be in the mix, but UK is the only school Anaele has officially visited thus far.

Predicting a decision timetable for a prospect that has been quiet throughout his recruitment is difficult. He’s kept a low profile on the recruiting trail, but he’s a high profile player. Ranked by Rivals as the No. 5 defensive end in America and No. 96 player overall, if Anaele commits to UK he would be the second highest-ranked player in the Cats’ class, behind only Justin Rogers. The Nigerian-born athlete is already Josh Allen-sized and is prepared to make a comparable impact at the next level.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

13 Comments for Kentucky is the favorite for a Four-Star Defensive End

1. 2andToodleLoo
    12:15 pm July 1, 2019 Permalink

Looks like a swap for Jarren 100% Committed Shutting down my recruitment Williams.

• Brutal Hustler
      4:51 pm July 1, 2019 Permalink

Lmfao it’s a long but accurate nickname

2. EastKYCAT
    12:26 pm July 1, 2019 Permalink

I understand that everyone that is a part of BBN, wants every recruited player. In football recruiting this is exactly why we don’t need to get upset if one decommits. In football it happens. We have had guys leave their recruitment from us, however, our coaches know what they are doing. When was the last time we got two top 100 overall football players to come to UK. I can’t remember. Please let me know if it has happened. I don’t like guys decommiting, but I like our staff and how they push players to their full potential. UKFOOTBALL>UKBASKETBALL

• nocode96
      12:29 pm July 1, 2019 Permalink

I was with you right up until the end. Pretty asinine way to end a well thought out, valid argument.

• J-Dub421
      12:44 pm July 1, 2019 Permalink

Anaele decommitted from Miami. He’s expected to commit to UK.

• Skooms
      2:57 pm July 1, 2019 Permalink

Nocode, he’s entitled to his opinion brother. I refuse to play favorites as I support UKAA equally. I tend to enjoy watching football and basketball more than the other sports, however I won’t say one is better than the other.

3. EastKYCAT
    1:29 pm July 1, 2019 Permalink

He is talking about my UKFOOTBALL>UKBASKETBALL. It is my opinion that I enjoy UK Football more than UK Basketball. And it’s my opinion that Basketball is not fun to watch until March Madness. UKFOOTBALL>UKBASKETBALL

• Skooms
      2:55 pm July 1, 2019 Permalink

How about UK Athletics > The rest of D1. That’s my opinion.

• nocode96
      3:26 pm July 1, 2019 Permalink

Then say that, day football is more fun to watch. You can’t take one good season of football and the great job stoops has done since he’s been here and say it greater than the winningest program ever. IK football is undeniably not better, or greater than UK b-ball. If it’s more fun for you, or you enjoy it more, or you’re bored with b-ball until March, then fine, that’s an opinion, and a good one to have. I LOVE St. Louis Cardinals baseball, and I HATE the Yankees, but I’ll never say “Cards>Yankees”, it’s not true. Records and success can prove that to not be true.

4. Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
    3:00 pm July 1, 2019 Permalink

So now we know bashburn lives in East Ky.

5. notFromhere
    4:56 pm July 1, 2019 Permalink

Come get ya some, young man!

• ClutchCargo
      6:00 pm July 1, 2019 Permalink

Wait, I thought that was U-6’s recruiting pitch…

6. EastKYCAT
    8:28 pm July 1, 2019 Permalink

Yes, I can. I have always liked UK Football better than Basketball, in my opinion, I would rather watch UK Football.