Kentucky Football is Heavily Investing in Georgia

If Georgia fans were sour after Eddie Gran’s denial, wait until they see how many prospects the Cats are poaching from the Peach State.

In December Kentucky signed six Georgia natives, more than any other state in UK’s 2019 recruiting class.  It’s the most players UK has signed from Georgia since Rich Brooks made it his primary recruiting ground in the mid-2000s.  The rationale for the decision was simple.

“Georgia is the number one state that produces college football players right now, and I think even pros,” Vince Marrow said on December’s signing day.  Marrow’s work in Georgia is not finished.

One of Kentucky’s top remaining recruiting targets in 2019 is Jammie Robinson.  A four-star cornerback from Leesburg, Georgia, he wore UK gloves as he led his team to a state championship at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.  Robinson officially visited Lexington in December.  South Carolina, Auburn and Tennessee are Kentucky’s top competition.

While assistant coaches check in on Robinson, they’re fostering relationships with underclassmen around the state.  Unlike some schools where one coach has one specific territory, Kentucky is sending multiple coaches all over the state of Georgia.  This afternoon Matt House was in the southeast corner of the state.  On Monday Derrick LeBlanc was on the west side of the state.  Steve Clinkscale, Brad White and Marrow all played a part in signing the first six players of the 2019 recruiting class.

Mark Stoops earned notoriety at Kentucky for recruiting in Ohio.  After establishing back-to-back classes in Florida, Kentucky is expanding into Georgia and will not be slowing down anytime soon.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

20 Comments for Kentucky Football is Heavily Investing in Georgia

1. cats646
    6:07 pm January 16, 2019 Permalink

Snell yea. Go cats!!

2. Ridge Runner
    6:52 pm January 16, 2019 Permalink

Living in Georgia.. I can attest this is Bulldog Football country. There are some Georgia Tech sprinkles around but it is few and far between. Whatever we can get in this football rich state the better.

• mashburnfan1
      7:49 pm January 16, 2019 Permalink

Agree Ridge. I lived in FL for years and there is so much talent there and in GA that we can really build something if we keep getting the players from there. Players with much more speed come out of these states and they are used to playing better competition than you get in other states. Ohio has some good players but not many of the speed players we need in the SEC. Yes there are a few, just like in all states but for tons of players with speed FL and GA is where UK needs to be. Don’t see us getting many to come here from Cali so these two states will put us over the top if they get the right players, and judging from their recent history they know what to look for.

• I used to live in Warner Robins, GA and my parents and siblings still do (I’ve been in Bama for uears now). Yep, there is a lot of talent in Dawg country. My alma mater actually lost to Robinson’s team in the state championship (I watched it online), so I can’t forgive him for that, BUT I STILL WILL WELCOME HIM TO UK!!! Lol.

I’m surprised he wore blue gloves since my alma mater wears blue, but granted, it’s an Auburn color scheme with the same navy, white, and also with orange trim.

CATS!!!

3. ThankfulCat
    7:47 pm January 16, 2019 Permalink

LULZ

UK is not taking any high rated recruits from UGA. Kirby and Dabo and Nick get who they want

• mashburnfan1
      7:50 pm January 16, 2019 Permalink

actually we got a couple players they wanted this recent early signing period, AND WE JUST GETTING STARTED BRO.

• a21CATSfan
      8:31 pm January 16, 2019 Permalink

Why Not?! CATS

• RAGE
      8:47 pm January 16, 2019 Permalink

I agree with you ThankfulCat… I am a huge UK fan but even with our great season this year I am like you… Those three coaches get most of the players they covet… And battle between each other for the truly elite

• No one is claiming we’re kicking UGA’s rear end. They’re just saying we’re getting some talent from the state. Believe me, that Lee County team was unbelievable on defense this year (see my comment above), including the speed department. This kid is legit, and I hope we get him.

• cats646
      10:09 pm January 16, 2019 Permalink

You know UK football is on the rise when we get UGA fans trolling our site.

• notFromhere
      11:00 pm January 16, 2019 Permalink

They wanted players we’ve gotten, so they’re not getting whomever they want.

4. UoKFB PHAN
    10:12 pm January 16, 2019 Permalink

I would like to see the Cats get back into La Grange HS and some of the high schools around Valdosta.

5. My Dixie Wrecked
    6:11 am January 17, 2019 Permalink

“If Georgia fans were sour after Eddie Gran’s denial…” This should read: “If Georgia fans were sour after we made up a fake news story…”

• StillBP
      7:21 am January 17, 2019 Permalink

Yeah it was so fake that GA is confiscating signs at basketball games bc they’re so worried about it. I get that Louisville sucks so you don’t have much to talk about on Card Chronicle, but it’s really sad that you’re so jealous you have to come here and comment.

• catsarerunnin