The 18-horse field is set for Kentucky Derby 146.
The post position draw has created an intriguing race. Morning line favorite Tiz the Law was the final horse selected in Tuesday morning’s draw that put the three favorites on the outside post. They’ll line up just outside of NY Traffic, a horse with tactical speed that could push the early pace.
Tiz the Law is seeking to become the first horse to win the Kentucky Derby from the 17-post. The 3-5 favorite is the biggest morning line favorite since Empire Maker in 2003.
South Bend is the latest addition to the field. The fourth-place finisher in the Travers Stakes replaced Art Collector, who scratched Tuesday morning.
The field is LOADED with long shots, with a dozen horses opening with 30-1 odds or greater.
Kentucky Derby 146 Morning Line Odds
1) Finnick the Fierce (50-1), Martin Garcia, Rey Hernandez
2) Max Player (30-1), Ricardo Santana, Steve Asmussen
3) Enforceable (30-1), Adam Beschizza, Mark Casse
4) Storm the Court (50-1), Julien Leparoux, Peter Eurton
5) Major Fed (50-1), James Graham, Greg Foley
6) King Guillermo (20-1), Samy Camcho, Juan Avila
7) Money Moves (30-1), Javier Castellano, Todd Pletcher
8) South Bend (50-1), Tyler Gaffalione, Bill Mott
9) Mr. Big News (50-1), Gabriel Saez, Bret Calhoun
10) Thousand Words (15-1), Florent Geroux, Bob Baffert
11) Necker Island (50-1), Miguel Mena, Chris Hartman
12) Sole Volante (30-1), Luca Panici, Patrick Biancone
13) Attachment Rate (50-1), Joe Talamo, Dale Romans
14) Winning Impression (50-1), Joe Rocco, Dallas Stewart
15) NY Traffic (20-1), Paco Lopez, Saffie Joseph Jr.
16) Honor A.P. (5-1), Mike Smith, John Shirreffs
17) Tiz the Law (3-5), Manny Franco, Barclay Tagg
18) Authentic (8-1), John Velazquez, Bob Baffert