Kenny ‘the Jet’ Smith Walks off “Inside the NBA” to Stand with the Players

Kenny Smith

Former NBA player and Inside the NBA personality Kenny ‘the Jet’ Smith walked off the set on Wednesday night. He did so to protest the shooting of Jacob Blake and to stand with the NBA players’ decision Wednesday night. He said it doesn’t feel appropriate to be on the show and wanted to show his solidarity.

“I think the biggest thing now, as a Black man and a former player, I think it’s best for me to support the players and not be here tonight,” he said before leaving the set. “We’ll figure out what happens after that. I just don’t feel equipped to be here.”

Ernie Johnson responded with his respect.

Article written by Brent Wainscott

Twitter: @BrentWainscott_

25 Comments for Kenny ‘the Jet’ Smith Walks off “Inside the NBA” to Stand with the Players

1. UKinIN
    7:48 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

I wish I was in a position where I could walk off the job without being afraid of reprisal.

• Nickerbocker05
      7:52 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

Toché

• 4everUKBlue
      9:05 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

Kenny loves attention more than anything else.

• catdaddyd
      1:31 am August 27, 2020 Permalink

He did have a horrible reality show, so yes, he is an attention whore.

• rickat
      7:06 am August 27, 2020 Permalink

Humm. Reality TV show. Attention whore. Were you writing about some prominent person? Humm.

2. Nickerbocker05
    7:53 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

I’d love to make a stand but I got bills and family to feed!!

3. IrishCat
    7:55 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

??????????

4. 1stkatman
    8:01 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

Yeah UKinIN, but you are not a suppressed millionaire entitled athlete! They may have grown up poor, but now?
    Kenny, all I have to say is, “Next man up, or woman!”
    Him doing that could have possibly been scripted, IMO. At the least, premeditated.

• 4everUKBlue
      9:06 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

Exactly, more than likely was scripted or premeditated.

5. dhard
    8:12 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

Don’t let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya.

6. Nolecat21
    8:24 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

He makes everything about him. He could’ve done that offset and just let the panel announce it. Had to make a spectacle first. Lots of things to take a stand about. How about taking a stand for all the innocent kids killed by their own? Kills me they all choose to stand by criminals. All could be avoided by doing as the officer says and not resisting and possibly going for a weapon.

• JoeMoney333
      10:11 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

Spoilers: horrible people don’t deserve to be executed either. You’re still in the wrong on these one champ.

• Corder
      11:30 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

Wrong? In what way? The fact that those people didn’t take responsibility for their own actions is the biggest problem in this country today. If you want the cops to change then you yourself have to change. These situations always have two sides. Why is it ok to tell one side to do all the work while the other side does nothing and keeps expecting different results.

7. BoogieDMC
    8:32 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

I’ve been stopped and asked to get out of the car and had my seats torn out. Hands on the hood. Never did I feel my life was in jeopardy, I complied. I’ve had a cop come to my window with his had on his gun more than once. I complied. I was pissed, but didn’t ask for it to escalate.

Fighting with police and ignoring them and trying to get back in the car isn’t smart no matter what color you are.

• Bluehender
      9:25 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

Yep..I fight authority, authority always wins..

8. mashman 93
    8:43 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

Truth

9. Catfan4life-original
    8:48 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

Never heard of her

10. Jambluehue99
    9:50 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

All these athletes protesting and taking their cues from the uninformed Lebron James. Facts simply do not matter anymore. Sadly they all fall in line like mindless sheep, along with a lot of the general population.

• UKinIN
      10:41 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

Has anyone called LeBron out on the language in his tweet? Nike? Sprite?

11. UKinIN
    10:38 pm August 26, 2020 Permalink

I’m not calling Smith names and I’m not pretending to know what’s in his heart or mind. I just know it’s easy to take a stand when you have money and your employer won’t touch you.

12. PensacolaCat
    1:30 am August 27, 2020 Permalink

Kenny played for UNC which says everything you need to know about him.

13. kjd
    9:55 am August 27, 2020 Permalink

All of this walking out, boycotting, not playing accomplishes what? It fixes what?
    If I want politics I know where to tune in. I used to know where to find sports.

14. Kentucky3203
    10:00 am August 27, 2020 Permalink

I am ashamed to call myself a Kentuckian. Kentucky Republicans have to be the dumbest rednecks in the United States. These players have every right to protest, it is their Constitutional right to protest for their civil rights. Trump and his base have really brought out the hatred and racism in this country. If I were a collegiate player, I would follow suit and boycott the college season too.

• PensacolaCat
      12:33 pm August 27, 2020 Permalink

If you are so ashamed of Kentuckians, you should move. Unfortunately, this country is full of liberal folks that hate the country and threaten to move to another one but never actually do. Funny how that works. I choose to boycott your posts btw.

15. michaelb
    12:44 pm August 27, 2020 Permalink

All I need is this cell phone …. all I need is this cord to let go of my leg ……….alll I need to do is screw my legs back on them imma leave