Keldon Johnson will announce decision on Saturday

We knew the dominoes were bound to fall soon, and now we have our first bit of news…

Five-star forward Keldon Johnson has set his commitment date for Saturday, November 11 at 6:00 p.m.

He will decide between North Carolina State, Kentucky, Maryland, and Texas.

Kentucky has been the heavy favorite for several weeks now, and there’s no reason to think that has changed.

Johnson was supposedly “95-percent” certain of his decision, and just needed a bit of time to make sure he was making the right choice.

No. 1 prospect RJ Barrett plans to announce his decision on Friday night, where he will choose between Duke, Kentucky, and Oregon. Will his decision impact Johnson’s? Is there a chance they both end up at UK?

No one knows. What we do know, however, is that Kentucky will almost certainly pick up several new signees in the early signing period.

Go Cats.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

9 Comments for Keldon Johnson will announce decision on Saturday

1. Cokely53
    10:15 pm November 8, 2017 Permalink

Sounds to me like Barrett filled in the staff that he was headed to Duke so they turned around and told Johnson because the staff still had hope for Barrett until then which is why Johnson has been so strange about his decision. Sucks to lose out on Barrett but look forward to seeing Johnson become a cat!

• addyjaxlarkin
      8:55 am November 9, 2017 Permalink

I don’t think Duke has anything to do with it at all it’s really between Texas and Kentucky and Maryland for Johnson Duke really isn’t in the picture but barretts decision I think plays a huge role in what he’s going to do.

• Cokely53
      10:33 am November 9, 2017 Permalink

I️ didn’t say duke for Johnson. Was talking about Barrett

• addyjaxlarkin
      12:56 pm November 9, 2017 Permalink

Misinterpreted your comment thought you were saying duke informed Johnson instead of Kentucky informing him but I do disagree don’t believe Barrett has informed anyone at this point i’m saying that Johnson is simply waiting for parents to decide and that will make his mind up. I just don’t think Barrett has spoken or informed anyone that’s just my opinion. I do think he is probably headed to Duke though.

2. addyjaxlarkin
    8:57 am November 9, 2017 Permalink

Clearly Johnson is waiting for Barrett to make his decision as soon as he does he will know where he’s going and I don’t think this is any indication one way or the other even though I believe Duke will end up getting Barrett I just think he wants to see where Barrett goes then he will go to Kentucky if Barrett chooses duke and Texas if he chooses Kentucky.

• Cokely53
      10:50 am November 9, 2017 Permalink

I️ literally said that in the first comment

3. addyjaxlarkin
    9:09 am November 9, 2017 Permalink

Honestly I’ll be glad to just add somebody else to the class with the type of talent Johnson or Barrett have been getting a little bit on edge lately worried about next year’s class. If we can get one of these two and add Zion as well as the herro kid then I will be happy for sure.

4. Catcasey1
    9:27 am November 9, 2017 Permalink

I’m not really sure Johnson is that far behind Barrett in terms of a player either one will be a great get

5. addyjaxlarkin
    1:03 pm November 9, 2017 Permalink

I hope barrett is not headed to duke I don’t understand why anyone cannot look at the writing on the wall with Duke and highly touted prospects they have a solid reputation for plummeting stock Playing Giles last year cost Giles from being a top 10 pick if not top 5 Tatum should have been the number one pick in the draft but they did not use him correctly countless Players who have underwhelmed under coach k