Keion Wakefield pulled the ol’ switcharoo

@ITVHughes

Keion Wakefield, a three-star wide receiver out of Louisville, chose his hometown Cardinals over your University of Kentucky Wildcats this afternoon. That’s fine. Do you, man.

Our only problem with the whole thing is the way he announced his decision. Wakefield picked up the UK hat, acted like he was putting it on his head, then dropped it for the UofL flatbill.

Now we’ve got beef.

DID THIS HALF-HUG MEAN NOTHING TO YOU???

Article written by Drew Franklin

55 Comments for Keion Wakefield pulled the ol’ switcharoo

1. J-Dub421
    2:06 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

I don’t see why this is a problem recruits want attention. Just like Kash leading on SC or Damien Harris Leading on UK or Elam leading on Bama. It happens. These recruits want to be in the spotlight and have attention. Lets move on

• android guy
      2:11 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

I dunno…I think he crossed the line to a full-fledged diss.

• J-Dub421
      2:13 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

^^ fake J-Dub421.

• catdaddyd
      12:25 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

Am I the only one concerned about the earthquake? The shaky camera…Is this filmed by the people who did “The Blair Witch Project?”

2. Eric
    2:11 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Good luck to the kid– remember hes 17-18 years old, and these antics are good for rivalry. We’ve had guys do the same kind of stuff.

• J-Dub421
      2:14 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Completely agree Eric people are ready to crucify these kids over stuff like this it is ridiculous. Glad you are sane .

• J-Dub421
      2:17 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

^^fake

• J-Dub421
      2:21 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

^^ this guy has been out of control the last couple of days. I sign in with a password stop trying to discredit me with you childish antics.

• J-Dub421
      2:27 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

You chose a username that I have been using on this site for YEARS. I don’t always agree with your opinions and do not want them attributed to me. It is confusing to have two people using the same screen name. Get another screen name.

• J-Dub421
      2:40 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

I am not sure what these two imposters are talking about I am the true J-Dub421.

• J-Dub421
      2:46 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

I AM THE REAL J-DUB421.

• J-Dub421
      3:43 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

I am now a J-Dub421, too. Can’t wait to post under my new username – gonna be so much fun!

3. the ghost of Bill Hicks
    2:15 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

please…if he’d have picked us and done that to UL, people on here would be blowing him.

• Duh...
      2:22 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

But THAT would have been funny…

4. Geez
    2:23 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

The last person I remember pulling that lame move was Cliff Alexander. Things didn’t exactly pan out well for him.

5. BigBlueBoom
    2:25 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

That’s the ugliest UK hat I’ve ever seen. Are we surprised a Louisville commit would do something tacky? I’m not. He will fit right in there.

• BigBlueBoom
      2:28 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

cue the troll version of BBB to come on and comment as me. Maybe I’ll change my name to Tard4Life so they can type that in if they want to imitate and start arguments with other commenters.

6. BenHur
    2:26 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Scholarship offers to Louisville can be revoked at any time. You might want to get a plan B going Keion.

7. HaganHall
    2:38 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Are we REALLY surprised he picked Louisville? Don’t you think he wants to play in a BOWL GAME? Maybe even ANOTHER BCS Bowl game or PLAYOFF game? Where do you HONESTLY think his chances are better to achieve that? GET REAL FOLKS! We’re hoping/praying for a 6-6 (.500) season and going to the CACTUS Bowl. What’s it been, FIVE YEARS???? . . .

BOWL or BUST STOOPS! PERIOD. smh . . .

• CatsBy80
      2:48 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

shut up.

• BenHur
      2:52 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

UL football is still good, but they are going down hill fast. Keion might be the best player they have gotten since Charlie left that doesn’t have a domestic violence charge against them. Bottom line is, Keion went there because he lives in Louisville, and he grew to like the smell of sewage in the river, and carcinogens wafting across Louisville’s campus from Rubbertown.

• C'mon!
      2:52 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

You really think UL is going to the playoffs? Lol, nice one.

• Bluemanchew
      2:57 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

His pops doing the loser sign on his forehead is classic

• Ha!
      2:59 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Louisville cant even win their basketball conference…. The cupcake days of C-USA and BigLeast are over. PERIOD. Truth hurts…

8. Scott
    2:42 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

If he wants to go to UL then he’s a loser anyways.

9. Bluebloodtoo
    2:47 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Whoa… the guy going to UL is making his own reputation by his actions. The same goes for the comments here. I’d be more embarassed by the comments on this post than what some 18 year old kid did during his college announcement.

10. HaganHall
    2:51 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Truth hurts sometimes. PERIOD.

• J-Dub421
      2:57 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Learn to use the reply button.

• Bluemanchew
      2:59 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Reply button➡➡➡➡➡➡➡⬆

11. Blue Bellies
    3:02 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Watching the blue bellies responses on here are classic. Of course the kid probably wants to experience bowl games and not go to one of the worst fball programs in the country…..who can fault him? Lol.

• CardFan502
      3:10 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

He’s a nice 3-star….

• BenHur
      3:12 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

You got a 3-star recruit from your home town. You should probably stick your chest out for that. Lol.

• J-Dub421
      3:13 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

I’m sure he’ll get to experience losing in a bowl game like U of L did to Georgia last season.

• Bama
      3:20 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Georgia wasnt even our best team! lol

• Haginhall
      3:55 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

What was the UK-GA score??? GA punter never set foot on the field! Scored EVERY POSSESSION!!! LOL !

• Seriously
      4:10 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

J-Dub421 whichever one posted about Ul losing in the bowl game shut-up. We cant even get to a bowl game to lose. We have a good recruiting class but lets see how this season goes before we start throwing shade at UL football. Bball we can all day. Until Stoops starts putting W’s on the board lets not talk

• J-Dub421
      5:22 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

I will not shut up. Louisville fans can post whatever they want over on the card chronicle, but if they come here to troll I’m not just going to let it slide. Their fans act like U of L is the second coming of Alabama, and they are not.

12. Catman4Life
    3:53 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Kinda hard to pull a switcheroo for a school where you aren’t a take. He was told at Friday Night Lights that UK would not accept his commitment. Then…BOOM, he commits to Loserville. The hat move was Bush League and so typical of UL and their ilk. Petrino probably put him up to it. Oh well, you know what they say in Jefferson County: #Loser1stCard4ever

13. Eh
    4:12 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

OMG UK is sooo….hurt…okay…It’s not like UK wanted him bad. We will get better WRs next year.We already got a bunch of good ones from the 2015 class and a few more from 2015. UK will have the last laugh. Bank it.

14. KENTEXAN
    4:34 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

I think it is cute that a Three Star Football player thinks he needs to have a press conference to announce his decision….

• BigBlueBoo
      4:47 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

shut up fool. if he had picked UK you would have wondered why it wasnt on espn! it was big enough a show for KSP to make it a headliner!

• Bobby Petrino
      6:37 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, I remember how it was. Fact is, he doesn’t have the credentials (criminal record) that I prefer (Man I miss Clint Hurtt); but his momma ….and a girl who said she was his sister….she, they…. made this possible. So, yeah. I think he will help us…our team…..as a family. We just can’t let our new 3 star Kreskin know about the indiscretions (with his momma, and sister). To the Eye You fans, by the way, did you really believe for one minute he was gonna go to a Jew school?

• Mark Cuban
      6:46 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

oy vey.
      Mamzer agreed.

I’ll never forget it when she said, “Its da best Cuollllege yull get inta. Soo take it, dammitt!”

• Ha!
      11:20 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

KSP made it a headliner? It was broadcast at the auto auction? Sounds about right. Very Louisville.

15. Home For The Bowl Season
    5:42 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

I’m sure this kid was very tempted to pick UK. I mean, who wouldn’t want to play for a coach who played Francis in Pee Wee’s Big Adventure. And the thought of going 4 and 8 and being the anal cavity of the SEC was probably another great selling feature.

16. Krystal Ball
    6:29 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

………………………………………….Who? Leon Shitfield? I predict a severe butt hurt/injury in his future.

17. catfan4life
    6:52 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

I, for one, feel sorry for the young man. He will probably be a decent player as good as the 3* rating or better. We know where he wanted to attend, but was turned away. The sad part about it is why he would then choose little bro knowing the # of players who have issues. Since he is a 3* I bet old motorcycle rider will dump him when a troubled 4* comes available, sad, but good luck to you anyway young man.

18. Stan Doffish
    6:58 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

…………………………………….Dead to me.

19. Fake Steve Spurrier
    7:17 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Well Hell far!

I don’t see no (fake) USC hat.

He never once ….considered our Game cokes.

I mean game roosters.

Damn that Mark Bradley!

I’ll get even (I have a contract with my undertaker to provide me with posthumous “6 Million Dollar Man” abilities to be able to SQUEEZE the necks of those haters as they look over my body in state (shit…they took away the rebel flag……….need one for muh casket…..hell fuck….why am uh here?).

Once Lou (Holtz) quits drooling on the contract, our lawyer can make this happen.

Life (in the face of……) is good.

20. Ima Thief
    7:21 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Drew. You are stealing Gold. Comedy.

21. Ima M. Patient
    7:22 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

WTF….awaiting moderation.

22. Bottom Line
    8:36 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

No one wants to play for a coach that was that fat guy in Teen Wolf. Stoops should have a little pride and try to lose at least 50 pounds.

23. Jake Warner
    10:48 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

Well, I played with Keion in middle school and he is a good kid and player. He is a year older then me and I play at jtown now, so I don’t go to male but he always said he wanted to go to UK so give him some time and he may rethink. But I’m excited for this upcoming season in UK football and I think we have a good chance to beat UL and I can see how we get better. But anyways I’m proud of keion and hopefully I can make my way up to being that good so I have a choice like that but for me it’s BBN all the way

24. Mr.Pibb
    11:24 pm July 23, 2015 Permalink

His brother Keron isn’t on Cats’ 2015 roster. Guess entire family has jumped ship.