Katina Powell to turn over documents to the NCAA

rsz_1cardinal_cover

Uh oh, Louisville.

In an unfortunate turn of events for your basketball program, Katina Powell will meet with the NCAA early next week. She is expected to turn over documents to investigators, including phone records and her personal journals.

The decision to speak to the NCAA comes after Powell was hit with a civil lawsuit earlier this week. Five women filed a civil complaint against Powell, her publishing company and her co-author, Dick Cady, claiming they were defamed by the book.

Now she will open up to the NCAA.

Rick Pitino, your thoughts?

pitino-gif

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for Katina Powell to turn over documents to the NCAA

1. Long Dong Silver
    4:55 pm November 12, 2015 Permalink

UL needs to stop fighting this. They are only going to make it worse on themselves.

2. kycats13
    5:14 pm November 12, 2015 Permalink

What worries me more is North Carolina. Hypothetically speaking say NC wins the NCAA this year and then the NCAA comes back and puts NC on double triple probation and vacates wins and championships from the past, what would they do with this years championship? I think they need to resolve this issue before the NCAA tournament starts in March.

• jsh2001
      5:45 pm November 12, 2015 Permalink

Simple solution, we gotta win the title this year.

3. Gavin999
    5:26 pm November 12, 2015 Permalink

I always assumed she would turn over docs to the NCAA. This was inevitable, right?

4. Genoscats
    5:45 pm November 12, 2015 Permalink

Turds are home free.

5. ibescootch
    5:57 pm November 12, 2015 Permalink

This just gets better and better, and I love that it is the most Louisville scandal that could have ever happened. Maybe the only thing that would’ve been more Louisville is if the entire team was caught stealing Crown Royale bottles or something.

If I was writing a fiction detective novel involving the Louisville team, this would literally be the plot.

6. david8577
    6:01 pm November 12, 2015 Permalink

Why do they have to be so scandalous? They are the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah. Could it be that Rubbertown cloud of poison gas over their campus that makes them truly insane?

7. sp
    6:20 pm November 12, 2015 Permalink

I think she called their bluff. They obviously pushed (paid) those girls to come forward and say they didn’t take money. I guess they thought Powell would back down.

8. UK Big Board Update