Kash Daniel cancels remaining visits

kashdaniel

While talking to Tom Leach on The Leach Report this morning, Kash Daniel said he has made his decision and will not take any more visits before his July 4 announcement. The four-star linebacker from Paintsville was scheduled to visit Florida tomorrow, but that trip has been canceled.

Daniel visited South Carolina over the weekend, so there’s a little concern the Gamecocks won him over and will be the pick. Or maybe that visit confirmed what we all hope: that Kentucky is the place he wants to be.

Either way, we’ll know soon and it appears Florida is out of the picture.

Article written by Drew Franklin

21 Comments for Kash Daniel cancels remaining visits

1. Blasphemy
    11:17 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

To be honest, if it was any other day, I would like Kentucky’s chances. But July 4th tells me he wants it to go under the radar and wants minimize the public backlash in Kentucky.

2. Blasphemy
    11:18 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

I hope he chooses UK though.

3. DRobFH
    11:31 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Well he isn’t fishing in a South Carolina Shirt

4. Allison
    11:34 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

I have lived in Paintsville most of my life. I would love nothing more than for this kid to go to UK. However, I just feel like the timing of all this points to South Carolina. I cannot and will not ever cheer for the ole’ ball coach, but I can get behind the success of this individual. No matter where he goes, I wish him the best. But seriously, come to UK. Why not?

5. Ready5
    11:37 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Yawn. Get your attention like every other teenager these days.

• Ha!
      12:44 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

U mad, bro? lol

6. catman83
    11:44 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Really hoping this in state kid goes to UK. With the reaffirmed commitments of Landon Young, Drake Jackson and Eli Brown hope it shows him UK is on the verge of doing something in the SEC. Also me living in Louisville, at least it appears we won’t have to watch him in red and black. Go Cats!! Stoops Troops!

7. Billy Hill
    11:50 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

If only UK had a meaningful football program then we could be in the drivers seat for these guys. Hopefully Stoops can continue towards relevancy, but the catch-22 is that when Stoops makes us relevant, he’ll be wanted by elite schools. The circle of life of mediocre programs.

• Trolldar
      1:12 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

you know all about mediocre, dirty bird fan.

8. football school
    11:53 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

He’s Kentucky through and through. South Carolina doesn’t have fish like that.
    Go Cats!

• Richard
      3:59 am June 17, 2015 Permalink

Guess again! lol South Carolina is home to the 2014 Bass Fishing National Champions

9. Dr. Leo Spaceman
    12:13 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

If anyone listened to the interview on the leach report, you would not be worrying about him going to south carolina.

• Greginky
      12:21 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

This comment really made my day. I hope he picks Kentucky. Either way it goes, at least he isn’t going to be playing us like the kid that picked Alabama last year did.

• CPACAT
      2:23 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

I’m a homer for the CATS, but listened as objectively as I could, and I heard the same thing.

10. btowncatfan
    12:55 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

Actually South Carolina doesn’t worry me as much as UofSmell. If you read his interview with CJ, it sounds like he really likes the dirty birds. Really hope he chooses UK.

• J-Dub421
      2:40 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

You can’t trust anything in the CJ. It’s garbage.

11. fatbrat
    1:35 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

Coach Marrow said it best” We want the kids, that want to be at Kentucky”

12. CPACAT
    2:08 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

Let’s look at this from a purely geographic perspective. If I was his parent, I would want to see as many of his games as possible. Distance from Paintsville, KY to the three closest SEC schools:

Lexington, KY – 2 hour drive
    Knoxville, TN – 3.5 hour drive (not including a mandatory traffic jam going over Jellico Mtn.!)
    Columbia, SC – 6 hour drive

So you take an official visit to USC, spend 12 hours driving, it may help to sway his decision. Even flying takes almost 6 hours one way.

13. Gamecocknation
    2:11 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

He was very impressive at camp and his size and speed really stood out not to mention the interception he had, hopefully he does the right thing and comes to USC

• J-Dub421
      2:39 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

That would be the wrong thing and you’re on the wrong message board.

14. Topaz_1440
    6:41 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

No matter where he chooses he has worked hard to get so many opportunities. But you can’t bleed BLUE your whole life and let UK slip by. I think he’s smarter than that❤️