Karl Towns will not participate in the Elite 24 game

towns

If you were excited to see Karl Towns playing basketball on television this weekend, I’m afraid I have some bad news for you. Towns is no longer on the Elite 24 game roster because he’s out of the country with the Dominican National team. But you can still catch Stanley Johnson, Emmanuel Mudiay, Devin Booker and several other UK targets from the 2014 and 2015 classes!

Team Coney Island

Ivan Rabb
D’Angelo Russell
Myles Turner
Isaiah Whitehead
Justise Winslow
Dion Wiley

The game will be on ESPNU at 7:00 p.m. Saturday night. The dunk contest and three-point shootout are set for 7:00 p.m. Friday night, also on ESPNU.

Go future Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Karl Towns will not participate in the Elite 24 game

1. Drew
    7:29 pm August 19, 2013 Permalink

Looks like all the future cats are on the same team this year.

Mudiay
    Vaughn
    Johnson
    Maybe Booker

2. Drew
    7:31 pm August 19, 2013 Permalink

Oh well Newman and Rabb will be ours in 2015

3. NorthernKYcatfan
    8:01 pm August 19, 2013 Permalink

Team Coney Island looks good.

4. 2015 Top8
    8:19 pm August 19, 2013 Permalink

Mudiay, Vaughn, Stan the Man, Lyles, Dakari, Karl, Lee, Young or Blackmon Jr or Booker.
    We will score 1,000 points a game.

5. That ain't bad news!!
    11:01 pm August 19, 2013 Permalink

He can’t do the Elite 24 because he’s playing for a NATIONAL team? (Not a U-18 team or anything like that but a LEGIT professional national team.) That’s even more epic, in my book! Go Karl Towns!!

I like our chances with landing:
    -Mudiay and Ulis as PG. I’m most confident about Mudiay, and Ulis, too. There aren’t any great PG’s in the class of 2015, so having Ulis and Hawkins for the 2015-2016 season will be important.
    -Blackmon Jr. at SG, it would be hard to convince Booker to come too, but Young and Aaron Harrison will both probably be gone, so we could use two SG’s. I HOPE we land both. My gut doesn’t see us landing Rashad Vaughn, but if we do, hey, I won’t complain.
    -Stanley Johnson at SF. I think we’ll get him. He’s the recruit I’m second most confident about behind Mudiay.
    -And for the big men: Here’s where I wonder. I think a big part of it hinges on whether Dakari is a one-and-done or not. I think he could be, though I hope he isn’t. But if he challenges Willie for lots of minutes like Coach Cal says he might, you never know. Pretty sure we won’t lose Marcus Lee, and we’ll gain Karl Towns. Also, Derek Willis will be another year better and experienced if he works really hard. I’d love to land Trey Lyles, and I think we have a good chance at reeling him in, especially if we are on track to lose Dakari.

I think we should offer Quentin Snider just to troll Louisville, haha.

6. bigcatstanding
    12:55 am August 20, 2013 Permalink

I have no concerns with Karl towns he played for the Dominican Republic team against USA played against Anthony Davis among others, blocking shots of Davis and others, and he was quite impressive. Watch him in a shootout against Andrew Wiggins, from just sort of half court and made six or seven straight from that distance, yes he took Wiggins in the shootout. GO BBN ILF#9

7. bigcatstanding
    10:08 am August 20, 2013 Permalink

as far as two guards go would much rather have Booker, he is BB smart and can shoot the lights out, maybe not with the range that James Young has but really good. I have seen several highlights on James Young that kid don’t know what it’s like to shoot a 3 pointer just outside the line, almost every 3 point shot he shoots is 5 to 6 feet outside the Ark if not farther. GO BBN