Jury Duty’s Wednesday Morning Wakeup

No, not the Pauly Shore movie; the real kind of jury duty. That’s what I have going for me after today, my last day of freedom.

You see, tomorrow morning, I will rise from my bed earlier than usual and I will put on pants, only because the law demands I do so. I will then make my way downtown to the Fayette County Courthouse, where my identity will be thrown out the window and I will be referred to by my juror number and my juror number only. Those four digits will be my name from tomorrow morning through the entire month of November.

And I’m really not looking forward to it.

How I’ll operate the blog from inside the courtroom, I really don’t know. Hopefully I don’t get called. But if I do, I will be the best juror the state of Kentucky has ever known. Remember Darnell Dockett of the Arizona Cardinals, live tweeting his jury duty around this time last year? I probably don’t have the balls to go that far, but I’ll think about it.

Until then, I will enjoy this last morning with no obligations and responsibilities within my state government. Because it all ends tomorrow when I begin my sentence as a juror, one of the most important duties we have as Kentucky citizens. I will serve with pride and I will serve impartially, exercising sound judgment and integrity, all while wishing I could be anywhere else in the world.

Wish me luck, friends.

Mark Stoops will speak on the SEC Coaches’ Teleconference.

Stoops will make his weekly brief statement via phone to the outstanding media members around the Southeastern Conference. He rarely gives too much away on the call, but we’ll be tuned in just in case.

We will hear from D.J. Eliot and members of UK’s defense after today’s practice.

The new KSR Football Podcast to be released today.

Tyler and I were busy with the Blue-White game, so Nick, Freddie and Jared were left alone to record this week’s podcast. I have no idea how far off topic they strayed, but I’m sure we learned some new bizarre fact about Freddie, as we always do.

Look for it around one o’clock here on the site.

A baseball team won a baseball game last night.

The Royals, maybe?

More importantly, we are one game closer to the end of baseball season.

Alex Poythress loves the kids.

How old is too old to be jealous of these youngsters behind UK’s bench last night? Asking for a… um… friend.

John Calipari did not see what it takes to win last night.

In case you missed it from his postgame comments, Calipari did not see a winning formula in last night’s Blue-White scrimmage. He said, “There was good stuff I saw, but at this point as a coach you’re looking at this not–all right–this was okay, what do we have to do to try to win? What do we have to look like? And let me just say: it’s not that, what I saw.”

Good news is, last night’s preseason scrimmage was just that: a preseason scrimmage.

I like his team.

DeMarcus Cousins has a new TV spot.

Chase Chevrolet Prank Wars

New Spot from Chase Chevrolet! #PrankWars

Posted by DeMarcus Cousins on Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Cousins will make his season debut tonight against the Los Angeles Clippers, along with Rajon Rondo and Willie Cauley-Stein. Time to sign up for League Pass.

Anthony Davis had a rough season debut.

Davis went 4-for-20 from the field in the loss to the defending champion Warriors last night. He finished with 18 points and six rebounds, well below his season averages from a year ago, and five turnovers.

KSR radio coming up in an hour…

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for Jury Duty’s Wednesday Morning Wakeup

1. fatbrat
    9:31 am October 28, 2015 Permalink

Thought the blonde haired kid was going to stroke out we Alex reached out for a fist pump. He is such a good dude.

• Biglaw Dawgin'
      3:07 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

That blonde kid’s face goes from pure elation, to being terrified, and then to some sort of cautious optimism. Pure awesomeness.

2. DrSayre
    9:39 am October 28, 2015 Permalink

Drew you forgot to mention the best part of the baseball game last night. Because there was a stolen base, Taco Bell is giving away free AM Crunchwraps on November 5th.

3. ClutchCargo
    9:41 am October 28, 2015 Permalink

Good luck with the jury duty thing. I was on a jury once in a sexual abuse trial. 2 days of testimony and should have been 5 minutes of deliberation and then a slam dunk verdict. 7 hours of deliberation later, one dumbass juror was still dug in and refusing to accept the evidence and the judge’s instructions to the jury, so it was declared a mistrial and the creep walked free. Easily one of the most frustrating experiences of my life, but I don’t tolerate stupidity very well.

4. za
    9:51 am October 28, 2015 Permalink

Charles can jump and Poythress should dunk on a few heads this year. Hopefully Alex channels his inner-Mashburn. Briscoe can get to the rim too. It was very sloppy but you have to like our chances this year.

5. You
    10:44 am October 28, 2015 Permalink

You got this right: “More importantly, we are one game closer to the end of baseball season.”

Every couple of years I try to watch a game (normally during the playoffs) on television but within about 15 minutes I have to give up. I enjoy attending a baseball game every once in a while, but baseball on television is a chore.

6. James K
    11:09 am October 28, 2015 Permalink

I love Boogie with all my heart, but that commercial was limiting his comedic potential.

7. Rick
    11:21 am October 28, 2015 Permalink

The first kid giving Alex Poythress a high-five was my son. After the game, Alex came over to both of them specifically again and gave them a second high-five. Pretty cool – lots of respect to Alex.

Quick and early observation from the front row at Rupp – this team is full of nice young men. They aren’t thugs. They don’t appear cocky. They appear to like each other. Each one listens to the coaches. Jamal Murray looked like a really nice kid, and so did Charles Matthews.

It is a bit of a contrast to what I saw from the bench with the Harrison’s over the past two years.

We might take some lumps early, but I predict this team will gel well together and win some tough games. Cohesion and character matter – let’s hope I’m right!

• timer
      2:43 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

AP just made another world class move….

8. BigBlue37
    12:26 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Drew, will you STFU about you not liking baseball. Just because you got stuck out in RF in little league because you couldn’t catch a cold doesn’t mean you can hold a grudge against the sport for the rest of your life. Grow up.

• Drew
      3:16 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

I will, but in return, I ask that those certain UK fans stop asking to start Barker over Towles, putting Derek Willis in the starting lineup, and bitching about our uniforms and new logo. K?

9. Dougie Fresh
    1:54 pm October 28, 2015 Permalink

Drew, I will be right there with you in the morning my friend! This should be a memorable experience!