Josh Krok enjoyed his visit to Lexington

Photo @krok73

Photo @krok73

Kentucky had some very important visitors on campus this weekend, including 3-star offensive tackle and West Virginia commit Josh Krok.  Krok, a 6’8″ 300 lbs. giant from Niles, Ohio, took his official visit to Lexington, and if his tweets are any indication, had an excellent time:

Krok went to the UK/Tennessee game with the other recruits and posted several pictures from the UK locker room, including the one above, which includes the elusive (and awesome) chrome helmets.  When Krok got back to Ohio, he had a few things he wanted to get off his chest:

Interestingly, Krok also reached out to 4-star DE Lloyd Tubman, the Louisville native and former Vandy commit who flipped to Penn State after James Franklin left. The UK staff is still pursuing Tubman, and Krok tweeted at him to ask if he liked the Cats.

The Cats Pause’s Chris Fisher spoke to a source who said Krok’s visit to UK went “great” and the staff is confident they can flip his commitment.  Check out more of Fisher’s inside info over at The House of Blue.

18 Comments for Josh Krok enjoyed his visit to Lexington

1. Wild Blue
    10:38 am January 20, 2014 Permalink

Would love to see both as Cats next year.

2. bluegrassstu
    10:51 am January 20, 2014 Permalink

I hope that Josh commits, Marcelys did not flip to the Cats, and Brady Taylor who UK was trying to recruit just flipped from Virginia Tech to Osu. Hopefully Elam stays home too.

3. CATandMONKEY
    11:08 am January 20, 2014 Permalink

I like that Krok isn’t trying to be hip with his tweets and actually employs the English language. Seems like a respectful kid with a solid head on his shouders Yes, my opinion is based on one tweet.

We NEED an offensive line, perhaps our biggest weakness last season.

4. Burr
    11:13 am January 20, 2014 Permalink

WHY DO WE NOT WEAR THOSE HELMENTS?!?!

5. George
    11:16 am January 20, 2014 Permalink

Matt doesn’t want to allow a guy to discuss Elams high school coach’s background, yet he thinks it’s just fine for him to tell us all about his commercial opportunities for several minutes at a time.

6. chris
    12:05 pm January 20, 2014 Permalink

Big guy come on down and be a CAT!!! Bring on the chrome.

7. Commit
    12:09 pm January 20, 2014 Permalink

We really need this kid! It starts in the trenches!!

8. Question
    12:11 pm January 20, 2014 Permalink

Yeah yeah. Ask Chris Fisher when Marcelys Jones is flipping. Chris doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground.

9. Respect
    12:11 pm January 20, 2014 Permalink

“No matter what decision I make, regardless of what people may think of me. This is MY dream and I’m pursuing it. That’s all that matters.”

Young man has his stuff together. I tip my cap to you John.

Makes you want him in the program even more. My guess is there are a lot of leadership ingredients within him just waiting to be put together.

10. Mudcreekmark
    12:38 pm January 20, 2014 Permalink

I cannot believe no one asked him if he thought Matt Elam was coming to UK or not.lol

11. BEAUMONT
    1:30 pm January 20, 2014 Permalink

We need ya big man! Would look good in that crome helmet!

12. Dave in Marshall islands
    1:49 pm January 20, 2014 Permalink

Could you imagine this kid lined up at tightend, 6’8″ 300lbs, what a target he would make! I hope he chooses UK and he proves to be a great asset to the team. BBN forever!!!!!!

13. Hank
    1:51 pm January 20, 2014 Permalink

Do you think we’re as likely to flip him as we were the Glenville Trio?

14. jaws2
    5:36 pm January 20, 2014 Permalink

This guy appears to be a well portioned 300lbs. Not a lot of fat on those arms for a 300 lb’er!

15. Shooter
    6:02 pm January 20, 2014 Permalink

Hell YeahBULLS, Now let us all go apeshit over this KID.

16. Shooter
    6:05 pm January 20, 2014 Permalink

Yeah BULLS!!! They Prolly AIN’T GOT CHROME WER HEZ FRUM!!!!

17. Lewibear0420
    7:59 pm January 20, 2014 Permalink

Josh Krok appears to be more humble than ME. I think he will work harder than ME. Granted, he’s playing on the opposite side of the line as ME, so it would be nice to get ME, too. But, let’s get off of ME. I am glad this young man is interested in coming to BBN. Good luck Stoops troops. I would always rather have someone with a lot of drive over someone that tries to depend on talent alone without hard work. That goes for every recruit. I like this guy, Krok, and hope we get him.