Josh Allen being compared to LeBron James following monster night

@Jaguars

If you’ve been even loosely following along here at KSR, on social media, or on the television since last night, you’d know that former Kentucky superstar Josh Allen absolutely stole the show in Jacksonville’s preseason game against the Miami Dolphins.

He registered four tackles, two tackles for loss, and two QB hits, but that didn’t even tell the entire story. He probably needed to pay a bit of rent for all the time he spent in the Miami backfield.

His highlights were simply ridiculous:

After the game, those within the Jacksonville franchise couldn’t stop singing Allen’s praises, with one individual calling the former Wildcat the “LeBron James” of football.

Four-year linebacker Myles Jack said Allen’s freaky athleticism reminds him of the 6-foot-8, 250-pound NBA superstar.

“He’s a beast,” he said. “They did their research on that pick. That was a great pick. Josh is very talented, very athletic. It’s freaky, man. That’s why I call him ‘LeBron James.’ He’s athletic. He can do a lot of things.”

Four-time Pro Bowl defensive end and former NFL Defensive Player of the Year Calais Campbell said his new teammate was “lights out” for the Jaguars on Thursday evening.

“He was lights out for sure. Played well in the run game. Played well in the pass game. He missed a couple of sacks so we still have some stuff to work on.”

Jacksonville head coach Doug Marrone said the sky is the limit for Allen not only in the future, but during his debut season in the league.

“He’s been outstanding all camp, he really has,” Marrone said. “He’s made plays –he’s a humble guy. And then to see him out here and really light up and play the game, there’s no telling what type of year this guy can have.”

Marrone also added that out of all the success he had against the Dolphins, the few slip-ups are going to make him work even harder moving forward. That’s just his mindset.

“Whatever you see tonight, I can promise you that kid, he’s going to work twice as hard, he’s going to be twice as pissed if he missed something,” he said. “That’s how he is. And he goes after it.”

Six teams made very, very poor decisions when they decided to pass on Josh Allen.

(NBC Sports)

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

14 Comments for Josh Allen being compared to LeBron James following monster night

1. JASUN74
    6:15 pm August 23, 2019 Permalink

You’re exactly right about the six teams ahead who could’ve picked him. Bosa is a good looking player also, but it would’ve been awfully hard for me to pick him over Josh Allen. I honestly would’ve picked Josh. If nothing else and everything being even in talent, he would’ve been my choice for playing in his Bowl game and showing how much he loved his teammates. We’ve been very lucky to have had the opportunity to watch him grow and develop into the man he is today. I remember when I first heard Freddie talk about him and how much potential he had. I got excited about him then and he was maybe 220 soak and wet with pads on. Lol

2. Ridge Runner
    6:27 pm August 23, 2019 Permalink

A “can’t wait to see” anticipation for this young mans NFL career.

3. Goose
    6:32 pm August 23, 2019 Permalink

Did Cal play golf with Obama today???

• Ridge Runner
      6:48 pm August 23, 2019 Permalink

See post above this 1..
      😉

4. Cokely53
    6:50 pm August 23, 2019 Permalink

Did their research picking him? More like they were blessed and shocked he fell to them and it was a no brainer to anyone that’s watched him

• Underdog
      10:48 pm August 23, 2019 Permalink

This is the most intelligent comment on the board.

5. RAGE
    7:03 pm August 23, 2019 Permalink

I could understand taking Bosa and Quinnen Williams with picks 2 and 3 in last years draft… However I was stunned when the Raiders chose Clelin Ferrell from Clemson with the fourth pick of the draft.. I think the teams that picked 4 through 6 are really going to regret not taking Allen.. Even though Tampa Bay got an absolute stud in Devin White in my opinion also.. But the raiders and Giants really messed up big time

• timbo
      9:20 pm August 23, 2019 Permalink

The Raiders (Gruden) and Giants making dumb moves surprises you? Didn’t me. Even when it’s right there in their lap, those are two franchises (and one authoritarian head coach) with stupidity that never surprises.

6. RAGE
    7:12 pm August 23, 2019 Permalink

I can def see taking Bosa and Quinnen Williams with the number 2 and 3 picks… I have no problem with either selection and think they both selected wisely.. However when the Raiders selected Clelin Ferrell over top of Josh Allen was just ludicrous… Honestly may be the pick that dooms Jon Gruden in his second tenure with the Raiders…I think Allen could have really jumpstarted the Raiders rebuild and would have maybe completely replaced Khalil Mack and gave the team a much needed pass rush… I don’t think Clelin Ferrell will ever be as good a DE as Josh Allen…

• RAGE
      7:15 pm August 23, 2019 Permalink

I ain’t saying that Bosa is better than Allen either.. I at least understand why he was the second pick.. but no clue what Oakland was thinking.. if they were not going to take Allen they should have at least taken White who Tampa took at 5… I almost fell off the couch when Oakland passed on Allen.. I won’t lie though I was really hoping Allen would have went 8th in the draft to my team Detroit.. Just like always though Detroit is all ways at least one day or 1 pick away lol

7. RAGE
    8:53 pm August 23, 2019 Permalink

Sorry I posted twice basically the same thing.. I tried to post it earlier and it kept telling me it was an error then it posted later on

8. Underdog
    10:52 pm August 23, 2019 Permalink

I’m shocked that Mike Edwards wasn’t drafted in the first round.

He’s the steal of the draft probably.

• Ross7035
      9:14 am August 24, 2019 Permalink

I am bucs season ticket holder and I am pissed we passed on allen. we got mike Edward’s in the 3rd round and he is already starting. they love him down here and we already showed him where the closest skyline chili is. he is feeling right at home.

9. Dark Soul
    2:08 am August 24, 2019 Permalink

Jags didnt do their homework, the other teams where just stupid. I knew he should have been at the least a 3rd overall pick. If he played at Bama or Ohio state he wouldve been.