Josephine and her husband Don hosted KSR for lunch

Josephine, one of our favorite radio show callers, and her husband, Don, hosted Matt and Ryan for some home cookin’ after the show today. If you listen to the show, you know Josephine is awesome and she’s been planning this lunch for a long time. Today, it finally happened — and I’m extremely jealous because the food looked awesome.

Matt aired a brief interview with Josephine on Periscope after the meal and we learned a lot about her and Don. For instance, they’ve been married for 61 years, though Don doesn’t feel like it’s been that long. Also, Josephine has liked UK since she was in diapers and her all-time favorite player is “I can’t think of his name.”

Other Josephine and Don facts:

— Don has 4,000 movies and videos on cassette tapes in his bedroom

— Devin Booker is cute and he is a good ball player. Josephine didn’t want him to leave.

— They discovered KSR by watching Matt on KSTV. Josephine likes his voice.

— There’s a chocolate cake in the fridge.

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 1.44.18 PMScreen Shot 2015-09-09 at 1.43.36 PM

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Josephine and her husband Don hosted KSR for lunch

1. doc
    3:09 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

You guys need to pull some strings to get Josephine to be the Y at a game this season.

2. FootBlue
    3:12 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

Matt, Ryan that is awesome of you guys to do that! Your site, radio show and popularity is growing but this is what got you there.

• catdaddyd
      3:29 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

You took the words right out of my mouth. This is really sweet of Matt and Ryan.

3. BtownUKFan
    3:14 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

Ha, Josephine is just like I pictured her. There is nothing like home-cooked meals in Kentucky and there is nothing like the great fans of the BBN.

4. LexingTONYn
    3:24 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

I wonder if Josephine has ever been to a game at Rupp?

• bigkat
      5:06 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

If not, I think we should get a kickstarter together to have the red carpet rolled out for her…

bK.

5. Patrick Strong
    3:43 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

That is awesome.. Sure the food was terrific .

6. Wampus Cayt
    3:48 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

These two people right here, are what my own Gran’ma woulda
    called “The salt of the earth”. Thank you so much for sharing them.
    THEY are why I love Kentucky and am proud to be a fan of the CAYTS!!!!!

7. RealCatsFan
    4:02 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

They could be my neighbors next door! I’m sure Josephine will have a lot to talk about the next time she goes to get her hair done. 😉

8. Laker Cat 18
    4:02 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

Josephine brings back memories of my great-grandmother. She was a die hard UK basketball fan. She would always turn the TV down because she couldn’t hear it anyway (even with hearing aids) and start clapping when they made a basket. Even during the Billy G years, she never gave up on the program. She would have loved to have seen where it is at now with Coach Cal. She passed away a few years ago at 100 years old.

9. Mandy Puchalski
    4:12 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

Please let’s get her as the “Y” at a home game this year!!!

10. ukblue22
    7:08 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

By far, one of the classiest things you’ve done at KSR.

11. CATandMONKEY
    7:11 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

If not the “Y” than surely at least a meet and greet with the coach and team is in order.
    Glad you guys were able to finally enjoy that food with her.
    This is why BBN is incredible. Reminds me of my 79 year-old mother-in-law, except that she still has a bit a of a “thing”for that “Pitiner fella” but she wishes he didn’t coach them “damned Cardinals”.

12. BtownUKFan
    8:23 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

My mother-in-law passed away way to early but she was a huge UK fan, they lived a couple doors down from us. When we took Arkansas into overtime after Rhodes missed the free throws and Anthony Epps saved the day. I did the “Matt thing” and went outside, I couldn’t watch it. She ran down to give me updates through the overtimes etc. She would be Josephine if she was alive today. RIP Gerry ! and God bless Josephine. What a lovely lady.

13. matt
    9:50 pm September 9, 2015 Permalink

I hope you guys understand how special things like this is.

• matt