Jordan Smith will be honored with parade in Harlan today

By now, you’ve heard of Jordan Smith, the Harlan, Kentucky native who stunned the nation with his appearance on NBC’s singing competition “The Voice.” Smith won “The Voice” last Tuesday, and today, will be honored with a parade in downtown Harlan.

If you’re in the area, the parade will start at 2:30 p.m. at Harlan Elementary, wind down Central Cumberland Avenue and Clover Street, and end at the Harlan Center at 3:15 p.m. A ceremony will start at 4 p.m., with several special guests and music. Smith will even receive a key to the city.

All of this was really just an excuse to listen to some of Smith’s performances again. Here’s his crowning moment:

My personal favorite, his take on Queen’s “Somebody to Love”:

And to put us in a Christmas mood, his rendition of “Mary Did You Know?”:

Thanks for making us proud, Jordan.

16 Comments for Jordan Smith will be honored with parade in Harlan today

1. jasonwells1982
    11:33 am December 21, 2015 Permalink

You should keep it sports not Jordan Smith.

• UK Big Board Update
      11:43 am December 21, 2015 Permalink

• UK Big Board Update
      11:43 am December 21, 2015 Permalink

Have fun everyone!!

• Jaxson
      11:55 am December 21, 2015 Permalink

You need a hobby Big Board. A lot of suicides occur during the holidays. Seriously, try to get something out of life. It’s just a comment section. I can’t imagine how miserable your life is and I’m sorry for your misery. Merry Christmas.

• UK Big Board Update
      11:56 am December 21, 2015 Permalink

Stay out of this, Long Dong Silver aka Jaxson.

• Jaxson
      12:02 pm December 21, 2015 Permalink

No, seriously get some help. I saw you had 30 likes on an article yesterday. KSR boards never get that amount of likes. You obviously created 30 email accounts to like your own comments. You even insert the same emoji for different accounts. Is it alcoholism? There is help. Merry Christmas. I hope you get your life figured out.

• UK Big Board Update
      12:08 pm December 21, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, I have “30 email accounts”….LOL

Maybe people agree with me, and it pisses you off?

Get over yourself. I’m tired of seeing this site overrun with negativity, haters and trolls.

So, I’m going to call them out.

Merry Christmas ‘colon, end parenthesis’

• jasonwells1982
      12:13 pm December 21, 2015 Permalink

UK Big Board its a sports site to talk about sports new writers keep posting stupid stories about a dang movie and about someone getting arrested and other stuff.

• Jaxson
      12:16 pm December 21, 2015 Permalink

No, seriously get some help. It’s just college athletics. You make civil discussion impossible on this site. Try to get some perspective on life. Again, this is just a message board.

• UK Big Board Update
      12:45 pm December 21, 2015 Permalink

Thanks for your opinion, Jaxson. ‘colon, end parenthesis’

• Jaxson
      12:50 pm December 21, 2015 Permalink

Seriously, get some help. I don’t hate you.

• UK Big Board Update
      12:54 pm December 21, 2015 Permalink

Nor do I hate you. 😉

2. Cat Fan
    12:01 pm December 21, 2015 Permalink

I don’t seem to recall any other off the wall articles ( Fast Food Final Four…Top Candy etc etc and numerous articles) receiving any complaints, in fact don’t believe that a Snicker Bar answered one way or another UK or UL as Jordan was when announced he was a CAT fan. Not only a HUGE win for Jordan personally, but a HUGE win for Eastern KY, and #BBN has been behind him since day one. Broaden your horizons, sports can cover a multitude of aress not just stats and points…If this “story Offended You”…to bad, lets just say your comments were WAY more offensive..As always Tyler good work! Congratulations Jordan…#Kentucky Proud

3. somerset bill
    1:49 pm December 21, 2015 Permalink

ok, jason, how about this? i think jordan and the 4 voice judges could have kept it close against us on saturday until murray got going. what do you think?

4. Catsby80
    2:43 pm December 21, 2015 Permalink

I think Jordan should sing the national anthem for the UK – UL game on Saturday. That would be cool.

5. george56
    10:51 pm December 21, 2015 Permalink

looking at the following pix of Murray clearly being fouled by the OSU guard, as it appeared on TV when it happened, how could a Ref miss this, along with several times when the OSU players banged into the UK defensive guards, knocking them back, no calls. The play on Murray was the one which resulted in the int foul on Ulis, when we were only 3 down. Very bad, we will lose every time with this treatment.