John Robic will visit Quentin Goodin today

goodin

With Orlando Antigua doing his thing in South Florida, John Calipari has sent John Robic on the recruiting trail. According to the Herald-Leader’s Ben Roberts, Robic will visit 2016 four-star point guard Quentin Goodin today in Campbellsville.

The Taylor County star is considered the 13th best point guard and the best player from the state of Kentucky in the 2016 class by 247 Sports Composite. Kentucky, Indiana, and Louisville are the three schools going after him the hardest right now, and Cal, Robic, and Antigua have all seen Goodin play several times. This summer, he’ll also play for the St. Louis Eagles, the same EYBL team as 2016 forward Jayson Tatum, one of UK’s biggest targets.

Hopefully Robic’s hair will work its magic this afternoon. In the meantime, watch Goodin work. (Don’t worry, that Cardinal logo at the beginning is for Taylor County, not Louisville.)

13 Comments for John Robic will visit Quentin Goodin today

1. Mike
    12:52 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Wow, this dude could be a five star if he wasn’t playing in kentucky. Definitely see all the potential

2. Bobbum man
    1:15 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Come on down?

3. Bryan
    1:26 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Mike I was thinking the same thing watching this. Amazing talent and he’s only a sophomore.

4. Check Your Head
    1:41 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Amazing athlete and basketball player. However, I did not see one set play and maybe two assists. A point guard needs to run the team not BE the team in college.

• Ah.
      2:28 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

^^ Another over-analyzing retard strikes again.

5. Brad
    1:51 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

What’s the last trip that Robic made to watch a player?

6. Eye witness
    2:01 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

And he is here now!

7. inlinefor9
    2:11 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Taylor Co. coach is a big UofL fan. While we can’t say this often, this guy will be a difficult player to get over UofL

8. But wait
    2:29 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Wasn’t Derek Willis’ FATHER a huge UL fan? How’d that work out for him?

9. Laker Cat 18
    2:53 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

It’s hard to see his PG skills at Taylor County. No offense to them, that’s just not the place for him to get the best recognition and best setup for him to show his skills. We played against him numerous times in middle school and high school and his teams have never beaten us.

10. Jared Holt
    4:44 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Covered a game he played in at Campbellsville this season. Has good speed and handles, but I think his stats are a product of being in a weak region and having little talent around him. As you can see he doesn’t elevate well on his 3pt shot, doesn’t see the floor that well and in the game I covered shot below 40 percent from the free throw line. I think four stars might be a little generous. He still has time to work on all of those things, but I think he will have to if he wants to wear the Blue and White.

11. Woohop
    10:27 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Rebirth of Andrew Harrison………a point guard that shoots first and passes……..I think he passed the ball 4 times in all of the taped plays. Shooting guard yes……not a point

12. howBout#9
    2:59 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

If you think for a second he will do this at the college level, especially Kentucky, you are out of your mind. He plays for Taylor County! The competition he is going against is a joke and is the only reason he does what he does. Put him against a team of guys are over 6’0ft (which I saw none of in that video) especially in the paint, and he will have no chance. The kid has talent I will not take that away from him, but I just do not understand this recruitment decision at all.