John Calipari is in New York to watch Matthew Hurt

Photo by adidas

Photo by adidas

After checking in on his top guys at the Peach Jam in North Augusta and Under Armour Challenge in Atlanta, John Calipari is in New York to watch five-star power forward Matthew Hurt. According to Marley Paul, Cal is one of several coaches courtside at the Adidas Gauntlet Finale:

Kansas is considered the favorite for Hurt right now, with 75 percent of the predictions in his 247 Sports Crystal Ball.

Watch his highlights below:

[mobile_ad]

8 Comments for John Calipari is in New York to watch Matthew Hurt

1. Alex90
    11:14 am July 13, 2018 Permalink

This video shows his athleticism/versatility more than previous videos I’ve seen, I thought he looked like Wiltjer 2.0

• NUM1UKFANFROMTHEVILLE
      11:20 am July 13, 2018 Permalink

Exactly. He’s not super fast or quick, and that concerned me as far as getting your shot in college, creating space and lateral quickness on defense bc we switch a lot. I don’t think he’s coming either

• dismore
      12:45 pm July 13, 2018 Permalink

The FBI and Kansas are about to dance and this might change many recruits decision on KU. Call might know something we all don’t about KU and the FBI and that’s why he’s still recruiting him hard.

2. Kat4Life
    11:53 am July 13, 2018 Permalink

From what I read he has all but committed to Kansas. Love to have him but not getting my hopes up.

• Luether
      6:34 pm July 13, 2018 Permalink

My sources say Hurt to the Jayhawks…

3. rosquirto
    12:17 pm July 13, 2018 Permalink

i was thinking scott padgette 2.0 but it doesn’t sound like were getting him anyway

4. HashtagNoseWhistle
    4:42 pm July 13, 2018 Permalink

I thought this said John Calipari hurt in New York

5. StuckinLville
    5:28 pm July 13, 2018 Permalink

Like someone said, dont forget Kansas has been subpeoned. And if you can remember, they were on probation when they won the title in 08. Self has major violations on his record so this may not bode well for him. You better believe Hurt is going to keep an eye on that situation.