Jerry Meyer explains why he is “pretty confident” Bolden’s going to Duke

marques-bolden-scout

At this point, we figured we’d have some kind of scoop about Marques Bolden’s decision, but nothing has leaked out of the Duke or Kentucky camps, which may indicate that even they don’t know yet. Most national recruiting experts seem to just be guessing at this point, except for one: 247 Sports’ Jerry Meyer. Meyer predicted Bolden to Duke back on April 6, and yesterday, stuck to his guns.

Why? Kyle Tucker interviewed Meyer along with Evan Daniels and Eric Bossi about Bolden’s decision, and, well, Meyer’s comments make me a little nervous.

“From what I’ve been able to gather, I’m expecting Duke. I would be — yeah, I’m expecting Duke. (Big laugh) I feel like I’ve got something special here that I’m pretty confident in, but we’ll see. I’m pretty confident. I’ll definitely have one less source if I’m wrong. He’ll be cut from the list.”

Check out the rest of Meyer’s comments, along with Daniels and Bossi’s predictions over at the Courier-Journal.

[C-J]

8 Comments for Jerry Meyer explains why he is “pretty confident” Bolden’s going to Duke

1. WatchutalkinboutWillis
    1:02 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Ugh.

2. VulcanEar
    1:03 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

I still think Calipari’s coded messages last week were a terrible sign. Swaggy Cal doesn’t put on the the blitz, he sits back and then activates swag. The fact he went all out media blitz… not good.

3. CountryCowboyBBN
    1:08 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

My source confirmed hes coming to UK…Ill release my source after the presser !

4. Larry Pratt
    1:12 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Meyer’s guess may prove correct, but I really don’t believe he’s got some secret source and no one else on the planet has a clue.

5. onsides
    1:12 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Meyer also picked Stephen Zimmerman to pick UK over UNLV, so who knows?

6. BK
    1:24 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

I think he goes to Duke. They have less front-court depth, his parents obviously want him to got there, and a seemingly indecisive and maybe somewhat passive kid is ultimately not going to want to disappointment his parents (who will use the “playing time” motif to their advantage). I don’t doubt that the struggle has been real. I think it is the reality of the struggle, and the protracted nature of it, that says this kid doesn’t ultimately go against his parents wishes.

7. FBI Informant
    1:35 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

How do you figure Duke is using the “playing time” card any more than UK? He’s the starting Center for either team, with no real competition to take his time from him.