Jedrick Wills selected for the Army All-American Bowl

One of UK’s biggest targets (literally) in the 2017 class just got a very big honor. Five-star Lafayette offensive lineman Jedrick Wills tweeted this morning that he’s accepted an invitation to play in the US Army-American Bowl next January:

At 6’5″ 315 lbs., Wills is a monster. He’s got offers from Kentucky, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, and all the major programs, but the Cats have an inside track; Wills is teammates with 2017 UK commit Walker Wood and former teammate with 2016 signee Landon Young. Hopefully, they can help reel him in to the 2017 class.

7 Comments for Jedrick Wills selected for the Army All-American Bowl

1. BigBlueHaitian
    12:15 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

If we can get him along with big George, Landon Young, and Drake Jackson, our QB should be safe and our running game should be AMAZING! Exciting times to come for UK football (hopefully). We can only hope the great ability can translate into results…we shall see!

2. ekywildcat
    12:29 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

Would love to see the big guy in blue and white. If we can win 6-7 games I believe we may land him, if not, who knows. Wouldn’t blame him if he wants to go to a program where he can play for a NC.

3. nybrasky
    12:55 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

That’s what I’m talkin about, Willis! (sorry, had to)

Congrats to the young fella.

4. Long Dong Silver
    1:27 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

I’m hearing he likes Notre Dame. We need to have an overachieving year, and Foster needs to do well to have a shot.

5. jaws2
    2:11 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

He has the tools or the big schools wouldn’t be pursuing him. I just find it hard to judge some of these lineman when they’re playing against others half their size.

• ClutchCargo
      2:45 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

But what’s not hard to see is the way he can move, especially for a kid his size. He also appears to have a real mean streak on the field. I’m sold!

6. RogerW
    3:04 pm February 25, 2016 Permalink

Hard to say how one’s talent will carry over to major college football, but he is definitely a man amongst boys on the high school level. Watching the video I felt sorry for the players lined up across from him.