Jason Jordan on Stanley Johnson

USA Today’s Jason Jordan called in to the radio show this morning to give us an update on the recruitment of Stanley Johnson. He told Matt and Ryan that “Stan” is big with UK but Justice Winslow is not, so they’re looking at schools they have in common right now. Arizona and Florida are two of those schools. Johnson and Winslow have been friends since they were 12 years old and they really want to play together in college.

When asked to make a prediction, Jordan said if Stanley Johnson were to decide today, TODAY, he thinks he’ll end up at Arizona with Winslow.

However, Johnson is scheduled to visit Kentucky for Big Blue Madness so things could certainly change. These package deals rarely last, and John Calipari is telling Johnson he can come in and be “the guy” at UK in the 2014-15 college basketball season.

Jordan said Stanley is born to be the guy.

“He’s a monster. He’s a dream to have.”

Article written by Drew Franklin

10 Comments for Jason Jordan on Stanley Johnson

1. Jeff
    11:01 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

One day he’s a package with Oubre and the next it’s Winslow. Should be interesting…

2. Dawn Shipley
    11:06 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

Hi Matt!
    It is your UL BFF from last night, I just want to say that you were really nice to talk to last night and I even argued with my UL fans that I like your show. They are just true haters (-:
    My hubby last night said you don’t like any UL fans, but I was felling the love from ya, so I know we are like BFF’s! Anytime you want to go to a UL football game, holler, we will make room for ya.
    Thanks for being nice last night night when I wanted to comment on your past show, I tried to wait until after you ate(-: That was the most excitement ever at Pina Fiesta! LOL

3. Basteballer
    11:15 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

So much for allowing him to answer “off the record.” And he gave many more caveats. But, I do agree that it’s a little less optimistic from his viewpoint. Fortunately, I don’t think he’s as “in” as we might want to believe.

Also, Matt is becoming a little too chummy with these UL fans. Even one with a nice name like “Dawn.” 😉

4. dubowski
    11:21 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

any word on Lucas?

5. Duuuuuude
    11:22 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

I think Cal may have told Stanley that he might be the guy if he earns a starting position and plays out of his mind, but I highly doubt he told a recruit that if they accept an offer, they are the guy. He does not make such promises to recruits.

6. jezz
    11:40 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

We need him guys.. I don’t like today one bit so far.

7. Louisville Kentucky Mortgage
    11:43 am September 19, 2013 Permalink

West Coast vibe on this guy.

8. What happened
    3:11 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

What happened to Cal telling recruits who want to be “the guy” to go elsewhere?

9. SoCal Will
    3:22 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

Heck, USC and Oregon will do the package deal as well as Arizona and Florida. Cal wants a 3 Baller like Booker for March instead of two slashers at the wings. Johnson is a key “get” and will drive Towns and Lyles who are still big good natured kids but if he doesn’t come Oubre has talent. I actually think Cal is in pretty good shape with Stanley.

10. caliparty
    4:12 pm September 19, 2013 Permalink

the “Package deal” is absolutely screwing us with this recruiting class.

Mudiay with his brother/Miles Turner