Jared Casey Commits to KENTUCKY

@Jared_casey01

@Jared_casey01

If you heard the following sentence five years ago, you probably would have laughed: Kentucky football has successfully flipped a four-star linebacker from Oregon.

Two months after he initially committed to the Oregon Ducks, Louisville Ballard’s Jared Casey announced he will be a Kentucky Wildcat.

Ranked as high as the No. 15 outside linebacker in America by Rivals, Casey went from unranked recruit to four-star prospect in one weekend this spring.  Sidelined with a shoulder injury throughout his junior season, he used the Rivals Nashville camp as a platform to launch his recruitment into the stratosphere.

Oregon, Wisconsin, Louisville and many others quickly rushed to offer Casey, but none had a greater impact than the Big Dog, Vince Marrow.  Casey wavered on his pledge to Oregon last week, just a day after Marrow conducted an in-home visit.  Marrow returned to Louisville Tuesday night to seal the deal.

A versatile athlete, Casey began his career as an inside linebacker, but was bounced outside this season to unleash his pass-rushing capabilities.  Casey is equipped with a nice dip and has a habit of making pulling guards look silly.

Casey is the 20th commitment in Kentucky’s 2019 class, which now ranks No. 30 overall.  A day after UK lost a four-star commitment, the addition of another homegrown four-star recruit is the best remedy for the Big Blue Nation.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

43 Comments for Jared Casey Commits to KENTUCKY

1. Parker_UKFanNC
    5:03 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

This time WE stole the recruit from someone else.

• henderblue
      7:33 am December 7, 2018 Permalink

Not so fast there Parker..let’s get it on paper. A verbal commitment means the other schools will come after him that much harder

2. henderblue
    5:04 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

That’s great. How soon can we get a signature? Because a verbal commitment as we all know, is worthless…

3. Smyrna_Cat
    5:04 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

Woo hoo!!!

4. Logic_Prevails
    5:05 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

Great News! Our Defense just reloads! We are going to have a really good class.

5. pcashen
    5:06 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

Ill be happy when he is signed

6. friendsofcoal
    5:06 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

Awesome!

7. Smyrna_Cat
    5:07 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

Where are all the KSR writers and posters who flipped out and wrote small novels over the Robinson flip? This is a big deal and should get some serious press!!!

• Kernel Sanders
      5:23 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

What, you want them to write about how he’s 100% committed and calling other recruits to bring them on board with him? I’ll pass. Thank you KSR for the coverage of his “intention” to commit. Can we please just low key the hype now until he actually signs? I am sick of the will he flip or won’t he flip aspect of football recruiting.

• mashburnfan1
      9:05 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

Kernel college football recruiting has been like that for years. The difference is we never had many guys that were wanted by top teams. We had guys we out recruited Ohio U, Marshall etc. Yes we had some very good players but most were lower rated, or lesser known guys that became good, like Cobb. Yes we had Couch but he was a home town guy. Now this staff is getting good players and other teams want them so we have to deal with it. Other teams have been dealing with it for years, I am glad we have this problem.

• Carcrook
      12:34 pm December 7, 2018 Permalink

Couch, was a home town guy?

8. ClutchCargo
    5:13 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

I’m not at all saying I didn’t want to hang on to Robinson, but he is much more replaceable than a top notch linebacker like Casey. Very welcome addition!

• Miller45
      12:34 am December 7, 2018 Permalink

I’m with you there. If I’m wrong I’ll admit it but I really believe that robinson in his prime won’t hold a candle to lynn Bowden in his. Would be nice to have them both though

9. Gocats30
    5:15 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

Where will he play? Inside or outside linebacker?

• michaelb
      10:19 am December 7, 2018 Permalink

Josh Allen’s position . The jack . The one that lines up as a DE.

10. njCat
    5:15 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

He didn’t sign anything yet did he?

11. cats646
    5:16 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

YESSS!!!!!! Go big blue!! Welcome aboard young man!!

12. CombatMedic_98
    5:23 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

Where is the YAHTZEE from KSR…come on KSR…!

13. rlburd2
    5:25 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

100%, every other time.

14. TheAssman
    5:26 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

Suck on that Wandale

15. CstlCAT22
    5:29 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

3, 2, 1 pounces the rest of the SEC giants. Let’s see the ink, says the cynical side. Optimistically this is huge for defense and I’m happy for stoops and the program.

16. kev.1979
    5:30 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

Ummm. Hatcher?

17. Han
    5:31 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

We haven’t flipped anyone until he signs.

No one’s gonna stop recruiting him and he may have another dream school that he could flip to if they have a schollie open up.

18. CatsandPats
    6:47 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

He’s nice. Bully football, I love it! Put a pen in his hands and do it quickly!

19. Alleykat16
    6:49 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

We come to UK. And props to Coach Morrow. I love the in state kids that want to make the home state school better.

20. maximumscott
    6:53 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

Its great! Waiting for the day we can get our classes to top 15.

21. binarysolo
    6:54 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

I’mma hit the snooze button and set it for National Signing Day.

22. UKinIN
    7:05 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

I don’t remember who said it but “Recruiting doesn’t get serious until the player commits.”

23. JASUN74
    7:20 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

I’m going to try to not offend anyone here but, I know a few are mad, hurt , angry, disappointed or whatever with Robinson, but it’s himthat will have to live the rest of his life. Now he 100%, absolutely played us!!! No doubt in most everyone’s mind. He just did!! Ohh well. I was mad as heck myself at that young man for the way he did everything and I’m sure I don’t have to write a book about it. Lol. Anyway we’re just going to have to leave him behind, like he did his Old Ky Home. I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited to have a player as much as him!! I usually don’t get to bent out of shape over recruiting, but he had us Hook line and sinker!! And with good reason cause that kid is the real deal I believe, and it sucks he didn’t want to be here but apparently a kid from Kentucky loves,’. Frickin Nebraska ‘!!!! I mean wow. How in the you know what does that happen? Lol. It’s like two or three people in my Kentucky Mountain Hometown, that walks around with Duke shiiit on all the time. Dudes have never picked up a ball and walks around with Duke poop on all the time. Pure idiots that want someone to look at them!! Meme meme meme. Hahaha. Anyway as a bunch of u guys say “HE GONE”! Lol. This guy here is different and handled his recruitment with a little dignity at least. He decommitted first and opened up. That’s how you’re supposed to treat people. Not just flat out lie to people to tell them what they want to hear. I would have followed Robinson his whole career at Nebraska and rooted for him, if he would’ve picked them they day he did us. With that big Shakespearion Play he put on. Anyway I love this Casey kid an by all the videos I’ve watched of the other guys that play his positions, he is one on the top five or six I saw. Now I know you can’t always judge by looking at highlights, but that what I have to go by. Guys , He’s fast , and got that quick movement from earlier side. Great use of his arms to get by his opponents and make some look like grade school kids. Lol. He will play next year if needed but can you imagine how far we’ve come to maybe redshirt a kid like this. Lol. Don’t let WR make you hate recruiting! It’s more fun when it goes for us of course, but stuff don’t ever happen the way that kid Kentucky. I’d just about bet, our coaching staff doesn’t go after a kid with his type of meme me attitude again, and probably wouldn’t have for as long as they did if it wasn’t for the fans wanting him so bad. Anyway again, Lol. Casey is the real deal and will be a legend by the time he leaves UK. Thank you an sorry about the long book. Haha.

• cats646
      7:28 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

JASUN, I absolutely love how passionate you are about UK football!! Every time you post something it gets me fired up man!! GO CATS!!

• Miller45
      12:35 am December 7, 2018 Permalink

Yes agreed. Good stuff

24. KYjellyRoll
    7:48 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

This post means absolutely nothing! But…hope he isn’t commited but not 100% commited….ou know like well I’m committed but I’m not commited…

25. Brad
    9:01 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

Im confident he will stay committed… didn’t feel the same about wandale

26. BCO
    11:55 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

Our backer core is gonna look amazing in a year or so. We got some studs in the middle.

27. Grazilla
    11:57 pm December 6, 2018 Permalink

I’d still take Wandale back. I’m a pushover like that.

28. shelby
    8:20 am December 7, 2018 Permalink

“Commits”; that means we have a 50% chance of signing him. Hope he’s stronger than wandale!

• Dark Soul
      9:49 pm December 7, 2018 Permalink

After he graduates and comes back home it will come back on him. He isn’t NFL bound and will have to come back. Play and get played. Karma is a bit#!

29. mgwolfe
    8:54 am December 7, 2018 Permalink

100% committed. Let’s hope.

30. michaelb
    10:17 am December 7, 2018 Permalink

No reason we should worry about every player flip flopping , that stupid instance that bothered everyone couple days ago is not gonna happen very much.