Cliff Alexander Tweets a JaQuan Lyle Update?

535807

The second point guard to decommit from the Cards since July (Quentin Snider being the first), JaQuan Lyle, as reported Friday, is also looking elsewhere.

Lyle is the #3 point guard according to Scout and is No. 5 in ESPN’s position rankings (22 overall.) He cited playing time as the reason for his decision.

“Coach [Rick] Pitino and coach [Kevin] Keatts told me that Chris Jones may go to the NBA, but I didn’t feel like I was going to come in and play as much as I wanted,” Lyle said.

“I’m looking for a coach that will push me to get better, not that Coach P wouldn’t, and where I can come in and impact,” he said to Telep.

But speaking to the Courier-Journal Friday, he backtracked a bit on that statement, saying it wasn’t a “major factor.”  Lyle iterated, “Because I thought I could come in and play right away. I was going to have to battle, and it wasn’t going to be easy. So it didn’t play a major role.”

According to Dave Telep, Lyle has spoken with Indiana’s Tom Crean and Connecticut’s Kevin Ollie, with Memphis, Arizona, Baylor and Kansas also expressing interest.

Lyle isn’t rushing his decision, stating he could need until January or February to announce his destination.

But as of now, “It would probably be Kansas,” Lyle said. “I like them a lot, and me and [assistant] coach [Jerrance] Howard had a relationship at Illinois and also when he was at SMU.”

cliff

Fellow 2014 five-star recruit and No. 1 power forward, Cliff Alexander tweeted this morning about playing in college with JaQuan Lyle. Alexander has made official visits to DePaul and Arizona, he is using his last three officials to visit Kansas October 4th, Memphis October 18th, and Illinois October 26th.

JaQuan Lyle is also friends with Kentucky target, Trey Lyles and Indiana decommit, James Blackmon Jr.

Interpret all this as you please.

@BrennanKSR

Article written by Brennan English

Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. @BrennanKSR

14 Comments for Cliff Alexander Tweets a JaQuan Lyle Update?

1. Tennessee Wildcat
    4:34 pm September 15, 2013 Permalink

Looks like both Lyle and Alexander could be Kansas bound right now.

2. Bobbysueflay
    4:36 pm September 15, 2013 Permalink

What a little bit$$. He got scared of playing time? So he’s saying he’s going to Kansas now? So glad cal isn’t after this guy now

3. ukfan
    4:51 pm September 15, 2013 Permalink

Kansas is gonna be really good if that happens.. Kentucky vs Kansas rematch in the title game no doubt about it. They have the Wiggins factor, we have the Randle factor. Wow, that game would be crazy!!!

4. ukkd
    5:08 pm September 15, 2013 Permalink

Neither of those two will be around.

5. Bobbysueflay
    5:15 pm September 15, 2013 Permalink

I hate Louisville just for the reasoning of their fans are aholes because I like to see in state schools do good. But to come out and say the reason was because of playing time? That shows a lot of confidence in his game. He wouldn’t fit uks system at all because it’s called a team or we wouldn’t have the best recruiting class ever coming in this year. That bit$$ move

6. andreas
    5:16 pm September 15, 2013 Permalink

#4 You do realize this isn’t even the same year we are talking about, right??

7. Tim Kathlina
    6:09 pm September 15, 2013 Permalink

Reel in Stanley Johnson and all will be well in CAT land.

8. ukfan
    6:26 pm September 15, 2013 Permalink

No I didn’t realize that, brain fart. Thanks

9. Shall
    6:33 pm September 15, 2013 Permalink

Louisville fans think Cal and UK is the reason he decomitted on their website like some bitches not because Pitino keeps recruiting over his guards or because he’s a punk.

10. barn
    7:02 pm September 15, 2013 Permalink

worried about pt? why would you be worried about pt if you’re the 3rd best rated out there? there’s more to this story than just pt.

11. tyrus
    7:21 pm September 15, 2013 Permalink

Bummer. Was hooping Alexander would become a Cat.

12. This or that
    8:32 pm September 15, 2013 Permalink

10. I agree with you. Either this kid has no faith in his game what so ever, which is rare for a kid rated as one of the top 5 players in the country competing against a mediocre juco transfer. Or there is some shady $hit going on in da ville that he didn’t want to be a part of. Something tells me it’s the latter.

13. jimp
    8:55 pm September 15, 2013 Permalink

Hey, Chris Jones cannot go to the NBA after this season. Remember Pitino craching on Calipari after they won the tournament and Russ Smith announced he was coming back, Pitino said he does not want one and done players, he wants guys that care about school and getting their degrees and are gonna be around for three or four years. So since this will be Jones first year at UL that means he cannot leave. Everyone knows that whatever Pitino says is the gospel truth.

14. dude
    11:10 pm September 15, 2013 Permalink

Stroll on over to the UL board if you wanna laugh. Here are the main points: 1) Cal is behind this decommit 2) They don’t need or want elite talent anyway 3) Cal is obsessed with Pitino. I even read one post about how most of the recent UK one and dones are playing in the D league now. I know every fan base has idiots, but UL seems to take it to another level.