James Wiseman will announce college decision tomorrow

Photo: Jon Lopez / Nike

Photo: Jon Lopez / Nike

Breaking news and it’s probably not good for the Cats. According to Paul Biancardi, James Wiseman will announce his college decision tomorrow at noon on SportsCenter on ESPN. Wiseman is down to Kentucky, Memphis, Kansas, Florida State, and Vanderbilt, although it’s always been seen as a two-horse race between the Cats and Penny Hardaway’s Tigers.

Kentucky was the early frontrunner for Wiseman, the No. 1 player in the 2019 class, but Memphis has seized momentum in recent months. The fact that Wiseman is announcing tomorrow and not waiting until the spring is not a good sign for Kentucky.

But, we’ll see. TJ Walker will be by with his take on the news in just a bit.

[mobile_ad]

23 Comments for James Wiseman will announce college decision tomorrow

1. Truman Claytor
    10:49 am November 19, 2018 Permalink

Not good news…

• mashburnfan1
      12:55 pm November 19, 2018 Permalink

probably sees how well coach Cal is coaching, that whopping performance vs VMI was an eye opener. Lose to Pitt by a million yet be there towards the end at Rupp. Once again it looks like our guys were over rated coming out of High School. You know who was not, RJ and Zion. Just like Richards being the #1 rated Center in High School….lol…gotta be kidding me.

• bigbluebanana
      1:39 pm November 19, 2018 Permalink

What do you (and others) get out of bashing Cal, this program, and the kids? I’m being genuine here. Name one way that helps you, or the program. I mean, why are you even on a UK fan website if you’re so against the team and the coach? Why is it only negativity comes from you? (In all fairness, you’re not nearly as negative towards the football side of things). How are we supposed to do this any differently? What coach would do better for us? Do you prefer the days of BCG or Tubby? Hell, do you prefer the days of any other coach? When has UK had this type of success year in and year out? And don’t give me that Rupp crap either, it’s not even the same game anymore. I genuinely want to know why you and others hate UK so much. We haven’t had this kind of success year in and year out in my life and I’m almost 40. And every year, EVERY YEAR, when we aren’t blowing every team out by 50 and winning the championship by going 40-0 you and your ilk just sit here and b!tch all day long about Cal. Do you realize how dense y’all look getting worked up into a froth over the action of a bunch of teenage boys and a 60 year old Italian man and how well they play a game? Lighten up and enjoy the ride, you get one shot on this planet and it seems all you do is complain about the outcome of an irrelevant sporting event. Go get some hobbies and let Cal handle our guys, he’s doing just fine.

• Booby Petrino
      1:28 pm November 19, 2018 Permalink

yeah mashburn, we’re awful and Cal is awful, you should just stop watching us. Stop wasting your time. Go away.

• JASUN74
      3:59 pm November 19, 2018 Permalink

BBB, thats what I’m going to reply to you as now. Lol. Anyway, thank you bud. That was almost exactly what I’ve thought about saying to a few , a few times but for some reason didn’t think it was worth it. It was worth it though. Not that they care what anybody thinks, but Man U hit it. Really, a bunch of teenagers playing a game and all they do is be negative. Blows my mind. Anyway no one could have said it better than that bud , and thank you.

2. Mathlete
    10:50 am November 19, 2018 Permalink

Semi-positive spin – he knows that Kentucky’s frontcourt is going to be basically empty after this year and he’ll be playing on day one anyway

3. CSCat
    10:56 am November 19, 2018 Permalink

I am not sure how to read into this. It could be that the kid wants his decision over before his senior season begins or Memphis has promised him the moon. I guess we will see…..

4. UKCatAttack
    10:58 am November 19, 2018 Permalink

My gut says he’s going to Memphis. He’s got his whole senior year of high school to play in Memphis. No way he decides now if he is going anywhere other than Memphis.

5. BigBlue4Three
    10:58 am November 19, 2018 Permalink

Means one thing, the FedEx check cleared the bank over the weekend.

6. HashtagNoseWhistle
    11:04 am November 19, 2018 Permalink

Him going to Memphis just seems shady to me $$$

• Memphis UK Cat
      1:05 pm November 19, 2018 Permalink

Nah, Memphis and Penny are recruiting him hard. They want this bad to thumb their nose at Cal. It is insane the level of hatred still. I hate the fact I keep writing checks to this school for my kid.

7. MACDADDY
    11:05 am November 19, 2018 Permalink

I want to preface this that I may just be in a bad mood because is Monday, but a couple things:

1- This website is unbearable due to the number of ads. It’s a joke.

2- Cal has lost his touch. Can’t win without these type of dudes on your team. Something has to change.

• Mathlete
      11:16 am November 19, 2018 Permalink

What do you suggest should be plan B? Go after guys that aren’t as good but will stick around for 4 years and maybe turn out to be a good player?

• Jiminy Crickets
      11:32 am November 19, 2018 Permalink

That’s what we’re doing now, just because they leave early doesn’t mean they should. He’s saying something needs to change to continue to get top talent….

• UKCatAttack
      11:39 am November 19, 2018 Permalink

Download Norton Adblock app. No more ads. Happy Monday!

• RickH
      12:40 pm November 19, 2018 Permalink

Can’t win without these guys? I guess someone forgot to tell Villanova MACDADDY!!

• JASUN74
      4:05 pm November 19, 2018 Permalink

Ukcatattac for president. Thank u

8. Bullitt County UK fan
    11:15 am November 19, 2018 Permalink

I’d rather have bubba parham

9. Wade
    11:26 am November 19, 2018 Permalink

They hung with LSU and will probably return everyone plus jefferies and him ,also Matthew hurt plus others in the picture. That would be a nice group with a couple stars! With penny there I see no reason for him not to go to Memphis for a yr! It’s his home with everything he could want! Memphis is and will get some press if they make the tourney and play decent and bring in a haul this class! Wiseman committing now gives him time to recruit! I’m guessing he just wanted to see how this yr translates on the court with penny and guys he knows! Looks like they can compete! Dont think we have more to offer than Memphis at this point! Wonder what bigs we get bc we ay return all ours! Hell Whitney may not even sign at this point. What’s going on with us? Hope I’m wrong but I’m right! We may still have a shot with Oscar tshiebwe imo!

10. StuckinLville
    12:10 pm November 19, 2018 Permalink

Of course it’s Memphis. Why commit now if it’s not? Stop wasting time even following it.

11. tgoff
    1:11 pm November 19, 2018 Permalink

Memphis will promise the moon but it’ll probably take a couple years for them to do anything spectacular if not longer. From HS straight to D-1 and not be an assistant somewhere may burn Memphis. Hopefully for Tubby’s sake they rank for a few years!

• JASUN74
      4:11 pm November 19, 2018 Permalink

They will make the tournament this year man. TGoff. They have a pretty good little team right now and they will win 22 or 23 games. Enough to make it I believe. If they get wiseman and I don’t blame him one bit to got to his hometown school. They will be sweet sixteen good next year. I hate I just wrote that. Lol. Its true though. Penny is a good dude that’s just trying to live life and make the most out of it, as we all are. He will do fine. None of that means they will come close to Ky Basketball but who can besides maybe three other schools.