Jamal Murray will NOT be in Lexington this Weekend

JamalMurray

JamalMurray

Canadian point guard Jamal Murray jumped onto Coach Cal’s radar with a breakout performance at the Nike Hoops Summit.  He has the opportunity to reclassify and join the Cats next year, but things took a turn tonight.

With his team in town for the EYBL tournament at KBA, Murray was expected to visit the Kentucky campus.  Unfortunately, that is no longer the case.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

6 Comments for Jamal Murray will NOT be in Lexington this Weekend

1. Kyblue34
    9:17 pm April 23, 2015 Permalink

Well damn, I was hoping this wasn’t true. Clearly a recruiting tactic to keep him away. Looks like Murray to Oregon probably. Now where to we turn? I’m not sold on Mulder.

• babydangy
      9:30 pm April 23, 2015 Permalink

Yes cause a kid wants to rest and decide whether he wants to reclassify or stay is a recruiting tactic to keep him away. Considering the fact he could only take an unofficial visit, setting up an official visit later on is better anyways. God some of our fans are so stupid and panic at the slightest thing.

2. Kyblue34
    9:54 pm April 23, 2015 Permalink

Umm, okay sorry. I thought this was a message board where people can post their opinions. Maybe you don’t realize this, but not only did Murray cancel the tournament but him and his father were already scheduled to visit with UK coaches and to tour the campus, and that was canceled as well. All because he needs a rest? Please, you can’t possibly believe that’s the real reason. Some UK fans are just too naive and stupid to see the truth!

3. WCS15UK
    10:27 pm April 23, 2015 Permalink

Malik Newman changed his mind and is coming to UK

loljk

4. Bluebros
    10:42 pm April 23, 2015 Permalink

Year… after Year… after Year… Its the same story. Cal gets the guys he wants with the exception of a small handful. WHY worry when Cal is the coach of UK?!? I mean really! Why worry??

I don’t care who we don’t get, I only care about who Cal signs because I know those are the kids that will represent UK with class. These are the kids who want the spotlight and can handle the pressure. He says it all the time, UK is NOT for everyone. To play here, you have to be perfect on and off the court.

In Cal we trust and I don’t lose a bit of sleep when it comes to recruiting for Kentucky. It will all work out. Plus, we almost forget about the really good players we have coming back. I can’t wait to see how it all comes together. Thank GOD I’m a UK fan.

5. RealCatsFan
    9:54 am April 24, 2015 Permalink

I never really understood how a player can reclassify from a HS junior to a HS senior and still qualify academically for college classes. Are these kids MENSA candidates or something? You almost never heard of this ten years ago. Are they taking a bunch of accelerated classes over the summer(s) to do this? Why don’t you see regular students who are non-athletes doing this? (Maybe they do – I don’t work with HS kids on a regular basis.)