Jamal Murray to reclassify to 2015

According Sonny Bairos, someone close to Jamal Murray has spilled the beans on his reclassification and possible college of choice.

While Murray may have some close ties to Oregon, I’m still holding out hope that he picks UK. Because, well, it’s Kentucky. And he would look great in blue and white. And it’s Kentucky.

Article written by Ricki Barker

Writer of things. Watcher of sports. Wearer of blue. Sometimes all at once.

23 Comments for Jamal Murray to reclassify to 2015

1. UK Freshman
    11:11 am June 21, 2015 Permalink

*It’s a short walk from the penthouse to the outhouse*

After this miss, Cal’s shine is definitely tarnished beyond repair. It’s not so much the stink of ‘platooning’, but rather the fact that Cal can’t win. Sure he racks up wins against the weak SEC, but to think he has only won one with the talent that has passed through our factory, is downright shameful and embarrassing.

• Kanye Twitty
      11:30 am June 21, 2015 Permalink

Run along back to the UL board now. Thanks.

• Stratblend
      11:39 am June 21, 2015 Permalink

I don’t know what parable you’re trying quote card fan, but We are all dumber for having read it, I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Ha!
      11:46 am June 21, 2015 Permalink

UofL fans like to talk about how “weak” the SEC is.

John Calipari’s winning % vs. the SEC: 80%

John Calipari’s winning % vs. UofL: 88%

2. hoop33
    11:16 am June 21, 2015 Permalink

Run along troll. That was a very poor attempt at trying to sound like a UK fan.

3. Shagari Alleyne
    11:42 am June 21, 2015 Permalink

I think the most teling sign that he is oreg lean are the comme ts briscoe made a week ago….he was asked about playing with murray and he basically said he didnt care what murray did. If he were trying to persuade him to come his comments would have been positive or at least a comment about how effective they could be playing together but instead his comments were negative almost like he is the enemy.

4. Phil
    11:49 am June 21, 2015 Permalink

With how private the Murrays have been with this decision, having an ESPNU announcement makes it seem like he’s picking Kentucky. If the pick was Oregon, why not keep it minimal like the rest of the recruitment?

Also, I think Briscoe’s comments were overblown. He basically said if he comes great, if not we’re still going to be good. Go Cats

5. Sgt. Stadenko
    12:53 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

I’m not a UL troll or any other computer nerd lingo for that matter. I was born and bred in Lex and am a second generation UK grad. That doesn’t make me special by any means, but I just want to throw out the disclaimer before all the blue kool aid sipping idiots attack me. The first post has some credibility or how in the hell else do you explain a guy who basically got whatever kid he wanted to now basically getting zero. I hope its a blip in the radar and is an exception to the rule but if you don’t think something has happened than you are blind. If I’m an opposing team’s recruiter, I have tons of ammo against Cal. He had 4 lottery picks, possibly 7 total draftees (at least 6 more than likely) and still can’t win a title? The platoon thing killed us as well. The fact that Cal got undressed by Bo Ryan during the last five minutes of the game didn’t help Cal on the recruiting trail. Orlando Anitgua leaving is hurting us as did Slice skipping town during the latter part of the spring signing period. I wouldn’t trade the last 5 seasons under Cal for anything but to not acknowledge that there’s something in the water is a little arrogant and/or naive at best. I hope that I am wrong and its just an off year

• nybrasky
      1:38 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

No one has ever accused our fan base of being the most rational, but how can Cal have a guy coming in that many consider the #1 player in the incoming class and in the conversation for next year’s #1 NBA draft pick, yet he has gotten “basically zero”?

A lot of this year’s class seem like they are either scared of the bright lights or don’t want to buy into the team mentality necessary at UK, which is fine. I also don’t think many who have spurned UK, outside of Jaylen Brown, will end up being the players they’re hyped up to be. Lots of Josh Selby, Samardo Samuels & Scotty Hopson types in this class.

• Ummm
      2:54 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

I don’t think the “Cal didn’t win a championship” argument works.

Lets look at who we lost out on this year:

Jaylen Brown – California is not a championship contender
      Antonio Blakeney – LSU is not a championship contender
      Malik Newman – Mississippi State is in no way a contender
      Stephen Zimmerman – UNLV is not a championship contender
      Thomas Bryant – Indiana is not a championship contender
      Caleb Swanigan – Purdue is not a championship contender

Cheick Diallo – Kansas *should* be a contender, but Bill Self chokes with talent every year.

Seems to me, that these kids don’t appear to be very concerned with winning titles.

• Ummm
      3:00 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

True, Cal didn’t get the title that should have been ours, but 38-1 and one game away was a helluva lot closer than any of those teams above will ever be, or hope to be.

And Cal has us in the mix just about every year since he’s been here.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!?

Idiot.

• Jesus Effin' Facepalming Christ
      3:13 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

If the #2 class in America is considered an “off year”, then there’s no pleasing your dumb ass.

Pro Tip:

If you are posting on a UK fan website, only a troll would need to post a disclaimer claiming their fandom. (And also agree with Obvious Troll at comment #1).

Nice try.

• Well...
      5:31 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

I’ve got one word. “Gillispie.”

6. catsandsox754
    1:19 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

To say Cal got no one this year is kind of silly. He still got 2 burger boys. Recruits aren’t interested in playing 20 minutes a game. That won’t be a problem going forward. Let’s not have such a sense of entitlement and prove the national perception right than its title or nothing.

• Reality
      1:25 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

He got a couple of early 2015 commits. That was before he was cut off by Wes and CAA. Cal promised to deliver bigger stars to Wes. He has sent a couple, but it is mostly his fringe NBA prospects that are signing up with CAA. Do, Wes has moved on to some degree. Coach K and others are sending better players CAA’s way.

• Reality
      1:26 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

so

• Reality Bites
      2:57 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You really believe that???

Hahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa! Hahahahaha!

Got DAMN Louisville fans are idiots!

7. Name On Back Of Jersey
    1:20 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

Will be interesting to see which team wins the bidding war for his services.

8. DunksNJordans23
    1:47 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

The “top recruits don’t want to play 20 minutes” line is a fallacy. If you look at Noah Vonleh(#13) played 26 minutes, Joel Embiid(#6) played 23 minutes, Cliff Alexander (#3) played 17 minutes, and Theo Pinson (#10) played 12 minutes. While Embiid and Vonleh had no one blocking them from getting more minutes but themselves because they foul at a high rate coaches really shouldn’t be able to use the “20 minutes a game” as negative recruiting tool. On the flip side, you can look at players that get 30 minutes or more a night because it wins the coach more games but doesn’t help the development of the player. Look at Coach K for example, Austin Rivers played 33 minutes a night, shot 43/37/65 and the only work in the NBA he can get is on his daddy’s team.

9. Joe Schmoe
    3:11 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

I just think the Cal’s overall schtick is getting sort of old these days to all recruits. Plus a lot of recruiting speaks to the other guys your are going to be playing with. Perhaps this year’s team doesn’t possess the personalities to “help” with recruiting. Not sure the “problem”, but the Cats will be fine.

10. Stillflying2
    3:14 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

No one loves the Cats more than I do. And I am an alum. Still, I must agree that for some reason Cal seems to have lost his recruiting edge. This past season did hurt us. We do have great players coming in, but only ones who committed early. A lot of top notch players have slipped through Cal’s fingers since the season ended. It is what it is.

11. Joe Schmoe
    3:16 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

If you love the outdoors and some really, really beautiful country…Oregon is hands down better than Lexington. Don’t get me wrong, Lex is very nice compared to most places such as Lawrence, Bloomington, etc. But can’t hold a candle to the sheer gorgeousness of Oregon. Love that Bend, OR area. So freaking amazing out there.

12. Greg NJ
    3:36 pm June 21, 2015 Permalink

I like to make vague predictions on twitter then if they end up being correct, I look great. Now if my predictions are wrong then I have an escape clause because I never really came out and said it.