It’s time for your favorite two hours of radio (Tuesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Today, the gang will discuss UK’s response to fan complaints about the sound at Kroger Field, feisty Mark Stoops, and Zion Williamson. They’ll probably also talk about a whole bunch of random stuff. Tune in or miss out.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

42 Comments for It’s time for your favorite two hours of radio (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:13 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Helloo oooo oooooo oooooooo.

• runningunnin.454
      10:15 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Good morning….we seem to be talking about slime.

• Realme
      10:17 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Show thread homework: Try horehound candy. Make slime.

• runningunnin.454
      10:19 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Hah, horehound candy…you be sorry.

• Realme
      10:21 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

I bet Cracker Barrel carries it. Next time I get a craving for pancakes, I’m getting some.

• Cracker Barrel here used to have Ale8-1. I don’t know if they still do, but I bought one a while back to share with my daughter so she could try The Kentucky Soft drink!

• Realme
      11:36 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

I want to like Ale8, because Kentucky, but it isn’t good, imo.

2. Realme
    10:14 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

The fact that they did all that upgrading and didn’t fix a sound system they knew was crap, is SO Kentucky administration. Upgrades always for the rich, not the tens of thousands of regular fans.

• RealCatsFan
      10:21 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

It’s just a microcosm of society in general…

3. RealCatsFan
    10:17 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Yep, I have had to tolerate my daughters making “slime” with their friends. Unfortunately they just made a mess instead of earning any money through YouTube.

• RealCatsFan
      10:20 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Just texted Matt that she would be glad to teach him how to make blue and white slime in exchange for some lower arena tickets. 🙂

• CATandMONKEY
      10:28 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

I financed a slime “non-profit, non-revenue” enterprise this summer for my daughters; 7 and 10.
      They gave a pitch about videos and on line slime sales. Five gallons of Elmer’s later -all given away. At least it kept them from the unsavory business of lemonade stands.

• Realme
      10:35 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

I get the fun of making it, but then what do they do with it?

• RealCatsFan
      10:48 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Realme, they make a huge mess with it, of course!

• And if you make it wrong it burns your skin. I think it’s the recipes with Borax that do that.

4. runningunnin.454
    10:17 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Coach, playing not to lose is different than playing to lose.

5. Realme
    10:20 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

If criticism puts a chip on his shoulder that makes him get better, I’m fine with that. I hope players don’t feel that way though.

6. runningunnin.454
    10:32 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

I remember Harold Ramis once said they made 40,000 gallons of the mood slime for Ghostbusters II.

7. Realme
    10:36 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Whatever Rick and Morty is, it is all over my tumblr feed.

• ukjaybrat
      10:40 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

i watched the first episode. and havent seen one since. definitely not my cup of tea

8. runningunnin.454
    10:44 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Love Olympic volleyball…especially beach volleyball; they are great athletes; ever try to jump in sand.

• RealCatsFan
      10:47 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

RG, I have played volleyball for most of my adult life at various levels of competition. I have played both sand and indoor. In sand, technique is paramount to getting up our of the sand. There is a lot of arm swing involved to help you elevate. I remember switching back to indoor after playing sand all summer – I felt like I could jump out of the gym! I played in the sand last Friday and it was ugly trying to get my 50+ year old lard ass moving in that stuff. 🙂

• runningunnin.454
      10:56 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Ha Ha…I remember going to Florida on spring break, and beach volleyball was very popular…and, you’re right; it is tough.

9. RealCatsFan
    10:45 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Shoutout to the UK Women’s Volleyball team – #3 in the nation. Tough match at Florida coming up.

Lexington’s own Leah Edmonson was SEC Freshman of the Year last year, and UK has had SEC Libero of the Year for several years. Skinner has done an excellent job developing that program into a big time program on the national stage.

10. Realme
    10:51 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

I’ve been to a Penguins Bruins game. They (Penguins) had a former Thoroughblade goalie I was obsessed with.

11. kuhlkat
    11:06 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Heard Wenyen Gabriel had the most impressive
    “Measurement”

• Realme
      11:07 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Ha!

12. RealCatsFan
    11:15 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

I’m excited about the athleticism on this team, but let’s pump the brakes a little. Remember, we thought that last year’s team would be an elite defensive team, and for a good part of the year, they seemed to be allergic to playing defense. Hopefully these guys will take as much pride in their defense as they do soaring for blocks, because they will need it.

• kuhlkat
      11:26 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

True. You have to want to play defense. Our guards didn’t want to last year until half way thru the season. Hopefully this years team will buy in earlier.

13. Realme
    11:24 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Uh, we also have Shai. Quade can be a leader and facilitator, Shai can step in if the competition has a big, athletic point guard.

14. runningunnin.454
    11:30 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Quade was also recruited by Duke and Syracuse….sooo.

15. Realme
    11:35 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Larry Vaught said our next commitment is going to be Keldon Johnson, who I’ve never heard of. Is he next season’s class?

• runningunnin.454
      11:43 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, class of ’18. 6’5″ shooting guard…battling Texas for him.

16. RealCatsFan
    11:52 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

So now we have “Trap” in addition to “Rap”? I personally think both are just “cRap”, but that’s just me. 😉

17. Realme
    11:55 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

The idea that being one of 50,000 people, and thinking it’s your opinion that matters, is weird to me. It would never occur to me to complain to UK about something like that.

• runningunnin.454
      11:56 am October 10, 2017 Permalink

Yep, and it’s a football game….not a concert.

• 4everUKblue
      12:02 pm October 10, 2017 Permalink

Most fan complaints are about our 5-1 football team. I talked to a man from out of state who went to the game and he said I’ve never seen a school complain so much about winning.