It’s time for KSR! (Tuesday Show Thread)

It’s time for another round of Kentucky Sports Radio radio! Today, Matt Jones will spend the entire two hours talking about his potential run for Congress. He will discuss his political views in the first hour, then weigh the pros and cons if he decides to run in the second hour.

Just kidding.

He and Ryan are talking about sports today, namely Kentucky football and the assistant coach at Centre taking a taser to the chest.

Tune in for that.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

30 Comments for It’s time for KSR! (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:56 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

Glad to see Uncle Matt on all the news stations yesterday. If you do this run, the ads will be great. Heard Mandy Connell is going to spend an hour on you tonight.

Ugh. The Bengals. It was a primetime game.

2. Poop Head
    10:16 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

KSR was “University of Kentucky Basketb……News.” KSR is now “LET’S TALK ABOUT MATT!”

• ukjaybrat
      10:32 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

you can go start your own blog and talk about whatever you want to talk about.

3. Jeff V
    10:18 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

Enjoying todays show but confused if I am listening to KSR or KPR (Kentucky Political Radio). Either eay, it is good stuff.

4. Craig
    10:29 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

I really think for a great season we need to start 2-2 at least, but I totally disagree that it’s “over” if we start 1-3. We could pick up wins against Mississippi State, Vandy, and Louisville to go along with the other 3 non-conference opponents.

• ukjaybrat
      10:33 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

if we can’t beat florida at home, we are NOT going to beat mississippi state on the road…

• memphis
      10:39 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

Is Dak gets injured early in the season, would you change your prediction?

• I have to disagree with you, Craig, about 1-3. I think the team’s confidence would be down if that happens and it would not be good. Granted, the Rich Brooks team that got stomped by LSU bounced back and went bowling that year if I recall correctly.

Hopefully we will go at least 3-1 and we won’t have to find out.

CATS!!!

• ukjaybrat
      10:51 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

yes a theoretical event would change my mind. just like towles getting hurt would change my prediction for the worse – we probably would lose most of our games in that case. but as of right now, if we can’t even beat florida at home, i don’t think there’s a chance we beat MSU on the road…

• CATandMONKEY
      10:52 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

The problem with 1-3 is us, the fans. .500 after 4 games keeps the fanbase on board. 1-3 and the natives get VERY restless. 3-1 should keep all but the idiots pleased.

• J-Dub421
      11:19 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

1-3 would be a bit of a disaster. Our schedule only gets harder after the first 4 games.

5. Macho Man was already big before he was paired with Hogan. Don’t forget Macho and so many other WWF superstars of the 80’s/90’s came out of Memphis’ Mid-South Rasslin’.

If you’re a rasslin fan and you have time to waste, look up classic videos from Mid-South, Mid-Atlantic, Georgia, AWA, etc. It…is…awesome.

6. J-Dub421
    10:42 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

Lou is a U of L fan who doesn’t even know their fight song. Weak sauce.

7. realme
    10:51 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

Who knows what this school board would have done to that guy if KSR hadn’t shamed them into doing the right thing.

8. realme
    11:01 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

Ok, so I missed the first 45 minutes of the show today, and I am all out of sorts. If Matt runs for Congress, and the show ends or changes, it is really going to make it harder to get through the work day. I have an addiction or something.

• J-Dub421
      11:18 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

Should we start a KSR version of AA? What if I don’t want to get better?

• Realme
      11:21 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

“My name is Realme, and I am a KSRaholic.”

• J-Dub421
      11:30 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

I like my KSR addiction, and will continue to feed it. 🙂

• hater
      11:32 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

No worries, he doesn’t have a chance of winning.

• Realme
      11:42 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

Probably not, hater, but Matt does seem to take risks and succeed in life. Either way, a campaign will change the show. It isn’t the same when Matt isn’t on.

9. Middle Aged Jeezy
    11:31 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

Richard Nixon

10. KSR FAN
    11:33 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

Other entertainment personalities to enter politics was Fred Grundy ( Gopher on LOVE BOAT)was elected to Congress.

Do what is in your heart to do. “Dudes” and stuff like that is why WE LOVE KSR

• CATandMONKEY
      12:01 pm August 25, 2015 Permalink

Ben Jones, “Cooter” from Dukes of Hazard. Congressman from Georgia.

11. woohop1
    11:46 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

During yesterday’s show, I could sense Matt’s egotistical, autocratic persona in pursuit of a political career opportunity. I have followed him from the beginning and even though I am a “middle right” slightly conservative, I have always respected Matt’s license to color most all diverse topics with a liberal cover, not necessarily a socialist perspective like our current socialist progressive, OBAMA. With an opinion of one fan, I would hope that Matt chooses to remain with KSR and continue to create a blog/sports site without rival. He may, however be “blinded by the light” of politic-ego and ultimately go the way-of-all-flesh and choose the political arena. I argue that he could provide more leadership and more influence staying in his current job, while providing sage liberal opinion through this site and other media. JMO>

• CATandMONKEY
      11:57 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

Matt shouldn’t consider a political run until we bring home both #9 AND a bowl win, hopefully in the same season.

12. Jon
    11:51 am August 25, 2015 Permalink

This song sorta sucks and by sorta, a lot!

• Jon
      12:50 pm August 25, 2015 Permalink

And by song, I mean my mom!