It’s Nick Mingione’s turn on KSR! (Wednesday Show Thread)

Turn your radio dials to Kentucky Sports Radio radio right now to catch Nick Mingione on the microphone as today’s fill-in host for Matt Jones.

The Kentucky baseball coach is making his KSR debut in the big chair and he’ll have plenty to say about his first season in Lexington, as well as a little research on our own Ryan Lemond’s playing career, some 50 years ago in Owensboro.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Article written by KSR

17 Comments for It’s Nick Mingione’s turn on KSR! (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:03 am July 26, 2017 Permalink

Modbot is touchy this morning. All I said was I hope he’s not asked to play the trumpet.

2. Love Coach Nick! This should be great.

3. Realme
    10:11 am July 26, 2017 Permalink

I hope Ryan shows Coach the video of Matt running bases.

4. “I can’t promise I’ll answer every question!” Ha! He’s got me laughing already!

I’m sorry to hear about your mom Coach. Prayers up for you and your family.

5. Realme
    10:14 am July 26, 2017 Permalink

Coach M is the Karl Towns of baseball.

6. Realme
    10:17 am July 26, 2017 Permalink

Too bad Pitino didn’t shorten his Italian name. Could have been Coach Pit.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:22 am July 26, 2017 Permalink

I like his philosophy of small ball; it can win a lot of games. Bunts, hitting behind the runner, stealing bases, and run & hit ( I refuse to call it hit & run).

• That’s partly what was so effective for my Reds when they smacked around and swept the roided up A’s in 1990. The difference in style between the NL and AL worked in our favor big time.

I remember Joe Morgan kind of called it. He didn’t predict a win, but he said beforehand that the A’s haven’t played a team like the Reds. He was Nostradamus that year.

• runningunnin.454
      10:35 am July 26, 2017 Permalink

Joe Morgan was the master of the base on balls, and the disappearing strike zone…another strategy of small ball.

8. Les Miles eats grass, Nick eats dirt.

9. runningunnin.454
    10:50 am July 26, 2017 Permalink

Wow Embry-Riddle. Maybe coach can explain the curve ball; I had a physics prof that insisted the curve ball does not curve. I told him my uncle was signed by the Cardinals, and he should play catch with him, and that he would ask for a catcher’s mask after two pitches.

10. Realme
    11:41 am July 26, 2017 Permalink

Cool conversation Ryan just had with static.

11. GoBigBlu
    1:43 pm July 26, 2017 Permalink

What a great guy and a great coach. You have to give Barnhart a lot of credit bringing in 1st class coach’s. Please don’t let Coach Ming get away….hope he retires as a UK coach!!